UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> New Vid. Nick Diaz talks GSP before UFC 154

11/23/12 4:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
alkysmurf
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just agreed Hendricks has earned the fight with gsp.

Im asking who it is at ww you think has a better chance at beating gsp than diaz? Phone Post
11/23/12 4:15 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alkysmurf -  I just agreed Hendricks has earned the fight with gsp.

Im asking who it is at ww you think has a better chance at beating gsp than diaz? Phone Post

this is the guy i think has the best chance in the next year or two.

yes i saw the fitch fight and i think that's exactly what he needed to get to the next level. 

11/23/12 4:24 PM
alkysmurf
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm actually in agreement there, with a couple wins he's right in there. I would still give nick a better chance at beating George. Phone Post
11/23/12 5:27 PM
regrettable
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's a shame that Diaz has been out suspended. We have already missed probably two fights (June/Oct based on every 4 months). He would have had the Condit rematch and possibly fought Hendricks or someone else by now. When Diaz returns there will plenty of opportunities, including GSP. I just want to see him fighting again.
11/23/12 8:07 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd love to see Diaz vs GSP is a cage with no time limit and the only victory can come when someone is finished. That or a streetfight. Without the ridiculous emphasis on control being a factor GSP wouldn't stand much of a chance.
11/23/12 8:13 PM
Malvert the Janitor
886 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiron - I'd love to see Diaz vs GSP is a cage with no time limit and the only victory can come when someone is finished. That or a streetfight. Without the ridiculous emphasis on control being a factor GSP wouldn't stand much of a chance.
I remember saying the same thing about BJ going into UFC 94...

Fuck UFC 94! Phone Post
11/23/12 8:20 PM
Chiron
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol Imagine what a conversation between Nick and Dana would look like. The people from Guinness could be around to confirm it as the "Most F-bombs in one conversation".
11/23/12 8:31 PM
alkysmurf

The old gsp, the one we got for the first 2 rnds of the condit fight is a monster, and one I love to watch. I think that's part of why he catches heat as a "boring" fighter, because he can be so much more. Phone Post
11/23/12 8:31 PM
Leghound
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chiron - I'd love to see Diaz vs GSP is a cage with no time limit and the only victory can come when someone is finished. That or a streetfight. Without the ridiculous emphasis on control being a factor GSP wouldn't stand much of a chance.

You don't think that in a streetfight one of GSP's takedowns wouldn't lead to 1) Nick's head being busted wide open on concrete and 2) with no restrictions on knees to head, etc. additional follow up head trauma to Nick?
11/23/12 10:18 PM
suess
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

irishman84 - 
suess - 

what have I said to discredit Diaz?  are you talking about me saying condit didn't run?  that condit landed MORE strikes in that fight?  is this your definition of hating?  are you a child?  

who SHOULD get the shot?  as in earned it?  Hendricks.  Most certainly not Diaz.  should fights be made based on who alkysmurf on the internet thinks has the best chance?  

oh god, i disagreed with you!  better call me a hater.  

MORE strikes? significant strikes? Whats the count excluding those lead leg kicks that did absolutely nothing?

i don't know.  how do you weigh diaz's jabs that do nothing?  

condit's leg kicks served a purpose, just like diaz's jabs.  

11/23/12 10:41 PM
alkysmurf

Suess this is what I was trying to say earlier, condits game plan was to slow the action of that fight and not engage, to the point where even his few slapping leg kicks had to be counted as significant. It was a brilliant game plan and he executed it with discipline that I don't think anyone short of gsp can compare to. Phone Post
11/23/12 10:49 PM
suess

he used the leg kicks to keep distance and to set up combos.  diaz uses his jab to lull people to sleep and set up combos.  

why do you value one over the other?  

11/23/12 11:25 PM
alkysmurf

Intent. I love Carlos, and how he does use kicks to set up combo's. But in the Diaz fight his intent was to keep distance, circle out and not engage and win by a point fighting decision. Phone Post
11/23/12 11:29 PM
suess

alkysmurf -  Intent. I love Carlos, and how he does use kicks to set up combo's. But in the Diaz fight his intent was to keep distance, circle out and not engage and win by a point fighting decision. Phone Post

i hate to go in circles with another diaz nuthugger, but seriously?  he was so intent on keeping distance he used flying knees and spinning shit.  that argument makes no sense.  

if diaz's off button worked condit might have at least dropped him with some of the shots he landed.  

11/23/12 11:34 PM
ChaosOverkill
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/23/12 11:34 PM

This fight needs to happen, fan of both of these guys.

Nick is just not gonna stop talking shit

If Chael can get a LHW shot off of a loss, and UFC is now WWUFC let it happen

11/23/12 11:39 PM
sitchpack

Sub Phone Post
11/23/12 11:47 PM
alkysmurf

Bullshit. Carlos had a game plan to out point nick. Of course he would have finished nick if the opportunity presented itself, but he was very content to out point nick and keep himself out of trouble. Phone Post
11/23/12 11:50 PM
suess

alkysmurf -  Bullshit. Carlos had a game plan to out point nick. Of course he would have finished nick if the opportunity presented itself, but he was very content to out point nick and keep himself out of trouble. Phone Post

doesn't that make sense?  you're fighting a guy who is nearly impossible to knock out.  a guy who is a supposed wizard on the ground.  your #1 goal should always be to win.  so he threw hard shots when he could and made sure he won.  what's the problem? 

how mad are you at diaz for purposefully avoiding finishing his sub because he thought he was ahead on points?  

11/24/12 12:02 AM
alkysmurf

Big difference between a point fighting game plan, and retaining position over going hard for a submission in a fight where your tied 2/2 rounds and your winning this one, unless you give up position. Phone Post
11/24/12 12:06 AM
suess

ha, that's clever.  peace.

11/24/12 12:10 AM
whoabro

UGCTT_BlahBreh -
LayzieTheSavage - 
Swamuel McSwamuelson - 
LayzieTheSavage - 
Malvert the Janitor - 
CrocopPleaseRetire - This video is private :( comes up and can't watch. Phone Post
Haha.

What's he scarred of?

Homie.

Lazy just flew into damage control mode! I suspect taddle tailing... Phone Post

More like looking out for a friend who was being filmed without knowing, during a private conversation. 

Yeah, I did let Nick know about it...

and I really don't give a fuck what you think, my loyalty towards my friends means a lot more to me than you do, sorry. 

Nothing wrong with loyalty, gj Layzie.

Appreciate your understanding support. 

the real question is why is he riding in cars with people who would film him then put em on youtube without him knowing?
This Phone Post
11/24/12 12:14 AM
suess

i already said he uses his jab to set up... did you read one sentence and decide it was time to attack? 

11/24/12 12:17 AM
burner22

alkysmurf - Bullshit. Carlos had a game plan to out point nick. Of course he would have finished nick if the opportunity presented itself, but he was very content to out point nick and keep himself out of trouble. Phone Post
So what exactly is stopping gsp from using the exact same gameplan as Carlos, but shooting a double leg at the end of each round to make it a definitive win. Gsp has a long history of "point fighting".
What can nick possibly to to stop him? Phone Post
11/24/12 12:21 AM
Yer_Momma
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

303 - If you want to fill Dallas Stadium you would need to have Bones vs Silva as the main event, with GSP vs Nick Diaz as the co main event.

i just had a surprise orgasm

11/24/12 12:24 AM
alkysmurf

For one I don't think Carlos succeeded in executing that game plan perfectly, I'm of the group that thinks rnds 1,2,5 were for Diaz. So I would say that gsp probably can execute this game plan on anyone he wants, Im calling it 7/10 gsp takes it in exactly that manor. But I also think nick is so dangerous that he has a larger likely hood of the upset win than anyone else in the current ufc ww division. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.