UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> New Vid. Nick Diaz talks GSP before UFC 154

11/24/12 12:24 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
alkysmurf
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For one I don't think Carlos succeeded in executing that game plan perfectly, I'm of the group that thinks rnds 1,2,5 were for Diaz. So I would say that gsp probably can execute this game plan on anyone he wants, Im calling it 7/10 gsp takes it in exactly that manor. But I also think nick is so dangerous that he has a larger likely hood of the upset win than anyone else in the current ufc ww division. Phone Post
11/24/12 12:26 AM
drrilll
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What could Nick possibly do to stop him? Plenty. He can miss press conferences and get pulled from the fight. He can fail drugs tests. There are many ways he can avoid Georges takedown.

HA! I kid, I am a Diaz fan, but man sometimes he shoots himself in the foot.
11/24/12 12:34 AM
alkysmurf
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man do you ever get tired of posting in threads about stuff so tiresome that you have to say something after reading it.

I thought this is what we're supposed to talk about on a mma forum? Phone Post
11/24/12 12:40 AM
alkysmurf

Lol its all good hommie, happens to me every day. Phone Post
11/24/12 2:32 AM
kingkoopa
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nick is such a complainer lol. Nick will get held too. It would be dope if he subbed gsp but 9/10 time's that won't happen Phone Post
11/24/12 5:12 AM
john joe
390 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
as one of the forum's resident MT/kickboxing fanboys i would really like to know what Diaz meant regarding Lam. Could you ask him about that Layzie? Not trolling or stirring, i am genuinely curious if he thinks the thailand fighters arent worth training with or something?
11/24/12 6:39 AM
burner22
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stephen Holder - Im not gonna get into ANOTHER fucking debate about whether or not Condit deserved the decision in the Diaz fight, its fucking pointless.

Whats fucking obvious in the GSP fight is that moment where Rogan pointed out that Condit was starting to let loose and then boom he landed that headkick - that moment, never happened Condit's fight with Diaz because in THAT fight Condit never really engaged Nick and when he did it didn't really do shit so shut the fuck up.

Condit was shook and won the Diaz fight by not engaging and doing no real damage via pussy points with insignificant kicks and striking. There wasn't a single time that Diaz was in trouble in the Condit fight, and there wasn't a single person watching Condit/GSP that didn't jump out of their seat during the third round thinking GSP was going to lose that fight.

I'm not saying GSP didn't push through and overcome adversity last weekend but the fact is Condit never even had Nick deep in the water like that. So how anyone can sit there and pretend that (using Condit as a measure) GSP would beat Diaz is fucking ridiculous even if you think Condit deserved the win against Diaz.

Nick Diaz will be the ww champ in 2013. Its goin down you pussyfacetaintlickincocksmokermotherfuckaz.
Oh mmamath? Yeah that always works. Nice logic muppet Phone Post
11/24/12 1:09 PM
LayzieTheSavage
207 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.middleeasy.com, Editor/Videographer
john joe - as one of the forum's resident MT/kickboxing fanboys i would really like to know what Diaz meant regarding Lam. Could you ask him about that Layzie? Not trolling or stirring, i am genuinely curious if he thinks the thailand fighters arent worth training with or something?
Will do Phone Post
11/24/12 3:02 PM
blacksamurai

Mushroom Slap - both the Diaz boys are pieces of shit.
Nick you gotta argument What did Nate ever do? Phone Post
11/24/12 3:04 PM
Malvert the Janitor
848 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe - as one of the forum's resident MT/kickboxing fanboys i would really like to know what Diaz meant regarding Lam. Could you ask him about that Layzie? Not trolling or stirring, i am genuinely curious if he thinks the thailand fighters arent worth training with or something?
Well he don't make Andre Ward money, I'll tell you that much... Phone Post
11/24/12 3:05 PM
HandsomeTopTeam
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/24/12 3:08 PM
Neil McCauley

nick motherfucking fuck diaz
11/24/12 9:03 PM
alkysmurf

Looking forward to Georges response, if he makes one. Phone Post
11/25/12 9:30 PM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

alkysmurf -  Diaz needs to fight gsp, he has a chance to beat gsp. Now if you put him in a fight before gsp, make it someone who has not proven their willingness to out on a horrible dishonorable decision win by exploiting the rule set and point fighting.

Why on earth does the ufc and some of you "fans" insist on ruining a potentially epic match between gsp and Diaz.

Can anyone honestly say nick is not one of the most exciting fighters in The game? Phone Post

UFC and the fans did not ruin anything.

Nick had a title shot but he avoided the press conferences in major markets to help promote the fight.

From a business point of view that was a major problem, so the UFC had to take him off the main event, he did not seem responsible enough to help with the promoting process for a main event (and no, not promoting as in shit talking from his car).

Since then he has proven he can handle the duties but he lost the Condit fight and got suspended. You can't give a title shot to a guy coming off a loss when there are other more deserving contenders waiting in the wings (unless we want Sonnen vs. Jones type matchups in every division).

All nick has to do is win one more big fight and the UFC will be more than happy to give him a title shot.

11/25/12 10:32 PM
alkysmurf

The words your using make sense, but who cares this is nick fucking Diaz!

Let him bang bro!

No in reality I agree that he needs a win over a "legit" fighter. Just make it one who be exciting. OK we all know it is possible to out think nick and win by points. So match him up with someone more exciting, someone more not kos or Fitch...

I'd like to see diaz vs
Rory, if he gets past bj
Kampman, dude is a tough test
Diego, its a gimmee for nick but Diego has some name value, plus bad blood
Condit, doubt he fights that way ever again.
Hardy, cause I like to see him get hit.
And the very last resort kos, just because I know he'd try to Daley diaz, and the skrap pack might jump him for it. Phone Post
11/25/12 10:55 PM
goeb
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ I agree Diego rematch, or Kampmann would be condign.

I am excited for the return of Diaz, I just don't think his fans need to start picketing the Zuffa headquarters for Nick to get an immediate title shot right now.
11/25/12 11:12 PM
alkysmurf

As a complete Diaz jock rider I agree. He doesn't deserve to fight for a tittle right now. But neither does chael or several other instances, so if it happened I'd be stoked! The ufc can easily justify nick getting the shot, saying Hendricks needs more exposure. Which again I think is BS, but if it gets me a Diaz/gsp fight at least it finally panned out for a fight I want to see.

Frat: Diaz/gsp is greatest fight Eva, and Hendricks deserves it more but I wouldn't care if he gets screwed. Phone Post
11/28/12 12:29 PM
IronShriek

Having just watched Diaz vs Sherk again, I want to see Diaz vs GSP. Diaz outstruck Sherk and totally neutralized Sherk on the ground. Maybe a slight edge to Diaz. His anti-wrestling was sick. And that was 7 years ago.
11/28/12 1:15 PM
TeamRenzo4Life

LayzieTheSavage - 
suess - 
LayzieTheSavage - 
suess -
LayzieTheSavage - 
DiazWasRobbed - Wonder if nick knows he posted this? Haha he's going to be fucking pissed
Yup Phone Post

does he give a fucking fuck that it was posted?  i imagine not but i'm a little curious.

When he finds out, I'm sure he will. Whomever it is that was filming this video is obviously an idiot. Phone Post

oh, the yup was that he's going to be pissed. got it, thanks!  

I hope whoever it was that was recording that video enjoyed their time hanging out with Nick Diaz. . . It will probably be there last. 

Hello Layzie. I am new to MMA forum here but long time Nick Diaz fan. 209 GRACIE JUI JITSU 24 HOURS A DAY 7 DAYS A WEEK 365 DAYS PER YEAR! WUT?
I am also an aspiring MMA journalist. Seeing as how you have had much success in the field I was wondering if you would give me some instruction.I have noted from your reporting that having a strong friendship with a UFC fighter would be an asset.
I live in a small town in Canada and I don't have access to any UFC athletes. Well there is one here but I do not speak french so there is a language barrier and he does not train at a Gracie school so I am convinced that his one UFC victory is but a fluke.
Anyway I am babbling. I would appreciate any guidance, I have written 2 articles so far concerning The UFC if you would like to read them.
11/28/12 1:30 PM
UGCTT_BlahBreh
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Layzie is not a reporter hes a videographer
12/5/12 10:28 AM
IronShriek

Lol at the notion that Hendricks deserves a title shot. A couple of close split decision "wins" -- in fights that most people (correctly) think Hendricks lost -- is all that separates Hendricks from a 3-3 record in his last 6 fights. In the past 2 years he's lost to Koscheck, Pierce and Story. Hell, he barely got by T.J. Grant (majority decision) and very well could be 4-4 in his last 8.
Diaz put together 11 consecutive wins, earned the Strikeforce belt, narrowly lost a judges' decision that many fans believe was wrongly decided, and now some fans want to pass him over for a title shot in favor of a .500 fighter? Gimme a break.
12/5/12 10:49 AM
The Chronicle
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In Phone Post
12/5/12 10:59 AM
Leck Brosnar

Fitch and Kampmann are better than every one of Diaz's wins combined. It really is easier to shine in lesser organizations. How about Diaz fight a wrestler for once in bazillion years and prove he can even get through a 3 round fight without taking his ball and going home to retirement?
12/5/12 11:17 AM
IronShriek

Where does this myth -- that Diaz is helpless against wrestlers -- come from? You'd have to go back 7 years to find an example of wrestlers presenting a problem ("holding him down").
The last time Diaz faced an elite wrestler was vs Sean Sherk. Diaz had no problem dealing with Sherk's wrestling. None. Sherk was something like 1 for 19 on takedowns (Diaz was 1 for 1) and the one TD Sherk got was immediately reversed by Diaz. Sherk got the "W" on the scorecards on the basis of throwing a lot of punches that didn't land. Diaz had the clear advantage on the ground. But folks look at Diaz's record, see the loss against Sherk, and assume that he never figured out how to deal with wrestlers.
GSP knows that Diaz's anti-wrestling is going to present a major challenge.
12/5/12 11:44 AM
Leck Brosnar

Well if he actually had fought a wrestler in 7 years, maybe it would've actually been shown. He won't take a fight with Mayhem at 185(big fight on showtime and would've made alot of money) but would fight Silva at 185. Supposed to fight Hieron but decides to smoke some pot instead of facing a wrestler. Had a title fight booked against the best wrestler in MMA but decides to skip his promotional duties(GSP has said he absolutely hates doing PR stuff but being the outstanding professional he actually does what he's supposed to).

So yeah wrestlers, can't beat em, don't fight em apparently.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.