UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> New Vid. Nick Diaz talks GSP before UFC 154

12/5/12 11:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Leck Brosnar
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well if he actually had fought a wrestler in 7 years, maybe it would've actually been shown. He won't take a fight with Mayhem at 185(big fight on showtime and would've made alot of money) but would fight Silva at 185. Supposed to fight Hieron but decides to smoke some pot instead of facing a wrestler. Had a title fight booked against the best wrestler in MMA but decides to skip his promotional duties(GSP has said he absolutely hates doing PR stuff but being the outstanding professional he actually does what he's supposed to).

So yeah wrestlers, can't beat em, don't fight em apparently.
12/5/12 12:29 PM
IronShriek

LilBrockonmychest - 
IronShriek - Lol at the notion that Hendricks deserves a title shot. A couple of close split decision "wins" -- in fights that most people (correctly) think Hendricks lost -- is all that separates Hendricks from a 3-3 record in his last 6 fights. In the past 2 years he's lost to Koscheck, Pierce and Story. Hell, he barely got by T.J. Grant (majority decision) and very well could be 4-4 in his last 8.
Diaz put together 11 consecutive wins, earned the Strikeforce belt, narrowly lost a judges' decision that many fans believe was wrongly decided, and now some fans want to pass him over for a title shot in favor of a .500 fighter? Gimme a break.

So when Nick narrowly edges out split decisions, they should be counted as wins but when Hendricks does, they should all be counted as losses?  And when Nick loses decisions they should also be counted as wins?  You're a moron and should go back to lurking.

Hendricks:  9-1 in the UFC, 5 fight win streak, KO'd 2 top 5 ranked opponents in last 11 months and has beat 3 top 10 opponents in a row.

Diaz:  6-5 in the UFC, 0 fight win streak, never beat a top 10 opponent at WW (and if you're going to say BJ is top 10, please list his top 10 WW wins in the past 8.5 years.  Hint:  Hughes was not top 10 in 2010).

Don't be lazy. You have look at the specific fights. No "narrow split decisions" in Diaz's recent 11 fight win streak. Hendricks' "win" over Koscheck was an outright robbery -- and Koscheck wasn't even in the title hunt at the time (compare with Diaz's recent close decision loss against Condit). Likewise with the Pierce fight.

Hendricks is so desperate for a title shot now because he knows that his stock will never be higher than it is now -- coming off two lucky first-minute KOs in his past 3 fights which tell us very little about how he has really progressed as a fighter. All we know about Hendricks is the last time he was seriously tested by a top 10 fighter he came up short and was gifted a decision win by the judges.
12/5/12 12:39 PM
Leck Brosnar

Facts are meaningless, Nick Diaz is da best 209 bitchees.
12/5/12 1:05 PM
IronShriek

In the past 2 years:

a) Hendricks has legit wins over Waldburger, Fitch and Kampmann; and
b) Diaz has legit wins over Santos, Daley and Penn.

In the same time period, Penn fought to a draw with Fitch.

So the wins over the last two years are roughly equivalent.

What is different is their *losses* in the last 2 years:

a) Hendricks lost a decision to Story and arguably lost two more, to Koscheck and Pierce; and
b) Diaz lost one controversial judges' decision. That's it. As many fans think he won as think that he lost.

Diaz is the far more deserving title challenger.
12/5/12 1:32 PM
alkysmurf
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Iron sheik made a strong point with his last 2 yrs comment. I'd say nicks last few fights are easily on par with ufc talent.

Yes Hendricks deserves this fight more, 2 1st rnd ko's against top ten fighters is def grounds fore a tittle shot. Phone Post
12/5/12 2:46 PM
tdunning
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest - 
alkysmurf -  Iron sheik made a strong point with his last 2 yrs comment. I'd say nicks last few fights are easily on par with ufc talent.

Yes Hendricks deserves this fight more, 2 1st rnd ko's against top ten fighters is def grounds fore a tittle shot. Phone Post

Those fighters are no joke but Cyborg Santos is on par with UFC talent?  He's 18-15 overall, lost 6 of his last 9, and in the previous 3 years to fighting Nick, he had 2 wins.  1 was over Daniel Zarate who is 0-4 in his MMA career and he was finished every time and the other win was Zaromskis who is a decent win.  Don't even try and claim that Santos is close to UFC level. 

Paul Daley is a good win but lost to Koscheck, who Iron Sheik doesn't list as a legit win for Hendricks.  Apparently if you beat Koscheck it's not a good win but if you beat someone Koscheck beat, that is indeed a legit win.

BJ Penn is a lightweight.

And Fitch, Koscheck, and Kampmann wins with 2 devastating finishes speak for themselves.  He's also beat Waldburger and Pierce in that 2 year period.  5-0 in the UFC last 2 years with 3 finishes.

BJ Penn is a LW, sure, but he fought to a draw with Fitch (who you have as a good win for Hendricks)

Paul Daley lost to Koscheck (via blanket), sure, but he also crushed Kampmann (again, who you have as a good win for Hendricks)

Nick lost a close decision to Condit, who just gave GSP one of his toughest fights. Hendricks won a close decision over Koscheck, who GSP had a much easier time dealing with

Lets not pretend like these two are leagues apart
12/5/12 4:55 PM
IronShriek

Sherdog had Diaz ranked #3 and Hendricks #4 in April of this year: http://www.sherdog.com/news/rankings/5/Sherdogs-Official-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Rankings-42147

Since then, Hendricks lost to #7 on the list (but was gifted a decision) and defeated #9. That's it. How is that good enough to vault him ahead of Diaz?

12/5/12 5:13 PM
jordan232010

TTT Phone Post
12/5/12 6:59 PM
SickEyeDiaz
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest - 

Askren is a licensed fighter who is not under suspension.  Generally when fighters are suspended, they are not fighting, and are not on rankings.  Like when Sherk was the LW champ and ranked #1, got suspended, and was removed from rankings lists.  It's not saying he wasn't better than those on the list, he just wasn't fighting.  Same with Nick.

And Nick might be better than a lot of those fighters.  Hell, I'm sure some Diaz fans think he's better than all of them.  How about he start beating them?

How about you find something else to talk about for a change? You know damn well he can't fight for at least two months, so how can he "start beating them"? That's your little wild card isn't it...you're free to criticize because Nick can't prove you wrong for a while yet. Cheap tactic IMO. I guess we can expect at least two more months of it.

You've already made your arguments a thousand times over EACH. Bored yet?
12/5/12 9:02 PM
SickEyeDiaz
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BJ and Fitch went to a draw. Daley beat Kampmann. Koscheck beat Daleyjjoiuyuijl;kjl;kj...MMATH sucks! So do circular logic arguments!

It's a stalemate, but keep right on keeping on if it makes your life more complete!
12/5/12 9:07 PM
SickEyeDiaz

And I hope you don't go doing something silly like moving Rory up in your rankings if he beats BJ, cuz that's not a legit WW win...remember that!
12/5/12 9:13 PM
SickEyeDiaz

LilBrockonmychest - 

The fact that you're semi-defending that idiots comments that those fighters are even close when it comes to the WW division shows you refuse to use any sort of logic when it comes to anything that has to do with Nick.

"logic!" LOL I love that word! We're all logical in our own eyes, aren't we?
12/5/12 9:23 PM
SickEyeDiaz

I give the slight edge to the Fitch group, even though Daley and BJ are not the chumps that they are made out to be by *ahem* some of the posters on here.

And Cyborg...he never set the MMA world on fire but he's a tough brawler who came at Nick with the "bad intentions" that Condit merely alluded to but never acted on.

What the hell am I doing anyway...I didn't even come here to argue about Hendricks and the title shot. I've already publicly stated that I think Hendricks deserves it more (you're the one I stated it to I believe), even though I would rather see Diaz get the fight.
12/5/12 10:25 PM
KingOfFighters

Gsp has.beat everyone so when it it.comes to gsp i just want him facing new opponents not rematches. He needs to fight hendricks and diaz next diwant.matter who first because he'll win easily bar a.fluke which he'd.avenge easily by.avoiding the stand up.

He'll show hendricks humility, and diaz.will.be pissed and.want to retire after being wrestle fucked Phone Post
12/6/12 6:42 AM
SickEyeDiaz

LilBrockonmychest - 

LOL at slight edge.  Ya OK.  3 fighters ranked in the top 7 versus 2 that are not ranked in the top 25.

And I'd prob rather see GSP/Nick but agree with you that Hendricks should get it.  It would suck for a guy to accomplish what Hendricks has and get the shaft.  But with all the hype, Nick would prob be more fun and less dangerous for GSP, which is why I think he's asking for it.

oh...so Daley didn't KO Kampmann and BJ didn't go to a draw with Fitch?

Yep...those three are just LIGHT YEARS ahead of Daley and BJ.

(rolls eyes)
12/6/12 1:04 PM
Drummeryan

In Phone Post
12/6/12 1:44 PM
burner22
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LilBrockonmychest -

Those fighters have about 150 fights between the 6 of them.  You've chosen 2 fights to try and make your point. 

Again, 3 fighters ranked in the top 7 vs 3 unranked fighters (and 2 that are not in the top 25).

Yes buts it's the fights where they actually fought each other. Clearly the most relevant.
I agree that Hendricks deserves a shot first, but really fitch is a league above bj? They fought. They drew. And many people thought bj shoulda won. Clearly they are on pretty much the same level. Same thing applies with Daley/kampmann. You don't get brutally knocked out by someone then say your a league above them. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.