UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Dragonball Z has ruined comic discussion

11/26/12 7:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Slouse
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Superman can lift a sextillion tons and DBZ is bad?

New vs thread: Superman's pinky vs the Marvel U.
11/26/12 8:02 PM
Zenoplata
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supersaiyan - 
SamboMMA - DBZ is so overrated its ridiculous. The storyarcs are all the same. New Villain appears, Goku goes off to train [unless he happens to be dead. Which would mean he would be on King Kai's planet training] for the majority of the story to become stronger [SSJ 10000 or something] or learn a new technique, the Cannon fodder is sent in to confront the new Villain, the Cannon fodder is usually killed [looking at you Yamcha and Krillin] leaving Gohan and Piccolo [unless he happened to be killed] and Vegeta [if he's "good"] to hold off Villain until Goku decides to make himself useful, Bulma and the non-fighters start quest to find the Dragon Balls, Goku finally gets off his ass, shows off his new SSJ form or new technique [either way it involves lots of screaming like he's fucking constipated] Blows the Villain away [and half the Planet with him] Villain either dies or has a change of heart [like Piccolo, Vegeta and Buu]the Cannon Fodder is wished back to life by the Dragon Balls, everybody sucks Goku's dick like he's the greatest thing ever. The end, wash,rinse,repeat next story arc.

pretty much sounds likethe same 10+ versions of Superman and the ridiculous story lines with Batman beating Superman yet goes toe to toe with Doomsday but then loses to Flash but then is voted to OWN Hulk yet get tossled by Brainiac...

wash rinse repeat...

neither is more slap sticky than the other...its entertainment and creative storytelling for DC universe and DBZ universe

11/26/12 9:20 PM
supersaiyan
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i feel the same way about comic writers with PIS storylines
11/26/12 10:36 PM
Kneeblock
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The thing about DBZ and a lot of anime is that I've tried to watch it, but it just doesn't make sense. There's no narrative logic whatsoever. It's like you have to be on acid just to make it through an episode.

11/26/12 10:54 PM
Slouse
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kneeblock - 

The thing about DBZ and a lot of anime is that I've tried to watch it, but it just doesn't make sense. There's no narrative logic whatsoever. It's like you have to be on acid just to make it through an episode.

There are quite a few episodes,like 500+, and its a running story so it can be confusing. add to that a bad translation here and there and the manga guys being a weird bunch.

11/27/12 1:28 AM
TheVileOne
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Marcus Brimage watches DBZ.
11/27/12 8:12 AM
SamboMMA

CharlesLewis - 

SamboMMA that about sums it up

thanks Charles.
11/28/12 2:38 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Retired Douchebag -
Alger Hiss - Dude, this one time, SUpergoku was level fifteen and he threw the sun and shit. And then he was level 25 in this other comic and he totally got outraced by the Flash. So I'm thinking a level 35 Mr. Satan could probably freeze the ocean with his cryo-piss-breath before the time-squid could replace Spiderman's clone with an alternate-universe version of Doctor Doom.

Plus your concept of power levels is all wrong. The power ratings are by numbers. For example, a human with a weapon has a power level of 5. Goku and Piccolo were rated about 350 to 450 when fighting a level 1,000 Raditz. Vegeta and Nappa were around 20,000 to 100,000 when they came onto Earth. Generally, Freeza's power level was 1 million when on Planet Namek. 

At about 10,000 however, Vegeta and Nappa were destroying planets. 

This is why I never liked DBZ. Too many way overpowered and inconsistently underpowered beings. Phone Post
11/28/12 8:55 PM
supersaiyan

thats pretty much the same with ANYcomic...especially with MArvel and DC comics
11/28/12 9:00 PM
Alger Hiss
131 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, that was kind of the purpose of my post. You really just take the good and leave out the bad and you're left with your own personal canon. So for me, DBZ ended with the Namek saga.

And Peter Parker married Mary Jane.
11/28/12 9:19 PM
Zenoplata
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Personally, I think Aizen or Ichigo would beat the crap out of Goku!

12/4/12 7:41 AM
paw
1527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/04/12 7:41 AM
Alger Hiss - And Peter Parker married Mary Jane.

Damn right!

12/5/12 6:22 AM
bogle1
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata -

Personally, I think Aizen or Ichigo would beat the crap out of Goku!

Just normal goku? Or are you saying they could Beat SS4 goku? Phone Post
12/5/12 8:50 AM
Zenoplata

Aizen could beat SS4 Goku and SS8 Vegeta at the same time.

12/5/12 9:54 AM
paw
1527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aizen is pretty bad@ss.

12/5/12 10:01 AM
ABE FROMAN

Edited: 12/05/12 10:01 AM

This thread devolved into exactly what I'm talking about.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.