UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Who should be Batman in JL

11/22/12 9:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
YVEL MACHIDA
542 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been pondering this since I first heard about the movie and I can quite imagine who it will be, I do have a suggestion though

*TDKR Spoiler below dont read if you haven't seen*

Since its obvious at the end of TDKR that John Blake becomes the new Batman, I feel like it makes sense to have JGL portray Bats in TJL. It would essentially be a way to tie the universes together and at the same time have a familiar face in the role.

It makes sense to me due to the films competition with Avengers 2. They are going to have quite a hill to climb to compete with Avengers so why not atleast have one familiar face from a previous film in the batman role? Phone Post
11/22/12 11:11 AM
T Sauce
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could be a good way to go. He's just not a big guy. When you think JL Batman he needs to be a big presence. I'm a huge Batman fan but JGL only works in a Nolan type universe. You need someone who stands shoulder to shoulder with guys like Supes and Flash even though he's still just a human.

I read a rumor somewhere of Arnie Hammer (Vinklevoss from Social Network and the Lone Ranger in the new Depp movie) trying out for Batman in a previous JL movie. With boots and cowl he was almost 7 feet tall. The guy can act and he's got the looks to be Bruce. It's not going to be real and gritty like the Nolan trilogy so a new face would be the best way to go. Phone Post
11/22/12 5:24 PM
Mr Wolseley
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about Jason Statham. I know the looks not the same as the traditional Bruce Wayne but he has the screen presence to stand side by side with a superman, he's got awesome martial arts/fighting skills and I think he could do the dark side of batman well. Phone Post
11/22/12 8:18 PM
Calebcb
112 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unfortunately Statham seems to have the Arny/JCVD disability of not being able to do any accent but his own, so you end up with a european in the middle of america with no explanation or backstory as to why. "I'm the fookin Batman, ya wanker."
11/22/12 8:35 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
542 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Calebcb - Unfortunately Statham seems to have the Arny/JCVD disability of not being able to do any accent but his own, so you end up with a european in the middle of america with no explanation or backstory as to why. "I'm the fookin Batman, ya wanker."
Yeah. I don't like Statham as a choice. I actually just see him as a one dimensional action star Phone Post
11/22/12 8:43 PM
MarkRobinson
1424 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I really like the idea of JGL as batman in the Justice League. Batman in the justice league doesnt need to be physically imposing. There are plenty of others that can do the fighting. 

We wont know whats happened to him since TDKR, so they could still give him all the required Batman traits and clear it up in his next solo film. 

Arnie Hammer is a great choice too. I just hate the idea of JGL not getting to play Nightwing or Batman. 

Definitely a big no to Statham for the reason Caleb stated.  

11/22/12 10:45 PM
T Sauce
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MarkRobinson -

I really like the idea of JGL as batman in the Justice League. Batman in the justice league doesnt need to be physically imposing. There are plenty of others that can do the fighting. 

We wont know whats happened to him since TDKR, so they could still give him all the required Batman traits and clear it up in his next solo film. 

Arnie Hammer is a great choice too. I just hate the idea of JGL not getting to play Nightwing or Batman. 

If done properly there could be different Batmans. Assuming JL Batman doesn't get his own films. Phone Post
11/22/12 10:49 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

T Sauce -
MarkRobinson -

If done properly there could be different Batmans. Assuming JL Batman doesn't get his own films. Phone Post
Yeah, the plan is to reboot after JL but if they do multiple JL films I don't see them using different Bats Phone Post
11/22/12 11:56 PM
T Sauce

Actually the fan fiction comic that someone posted the other day could survive alongside the JL films, but I think Hammer could do some great solo films of the Bat too. But Statham would not be a good fit. I like the guy as an actor but a bald British guy shouldn't play Batman. Phone Post
11/23/12 2:44 AM
Zenoplata
113 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/23/12 9:08 AM
JudOWNED
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What about Sam Worthington (Avatar, Clash of the Titans)? Guy can act, is built (BEEP), and has carried big action films. At 5'10" he's a tad short for Bats, but not ridiculously so.
11/23/12 9:11 AM
JudOWNED
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Henry Cavill (Immortals, Tudors) seems like he could pull it off as well. Again, seems to have some acting chops, and looks the part (he's also 6'1").

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm4265062912/nm0147147
11/23/12 9:12 AM
JudOWNED

Zeno, I don't watch Mad Men, but that guy looks like Wayne right there!
11/23/12 12:04 PM
JoeHurley
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are talking about whether actors are tall enough to play Batman while Tom Hardy just played Bane and nobody had a problem with him being 5'10 at most and portraying a supermuscled steroid monster that was supposed to dwarf Batman?  Movie magic can make anybody the right size for Batman.

11/23/12 12:58 PM
BigWilliam
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Henry Cavill is about to be Superman and I think he might be playing that part in JL as well. So he is pretty much out of the running.

What about Matt Damon? He put on good size for the rugby movie he was in, amazing actor, could easily do the suave playboy image of Bruce Wayne and the driven, brooding intensity of Batman. He's great in action roles like the Bourne movies.

Speaking of Bourne movies Jeremy Renner would make a great Batman, of course that might be a little odd with him being Hawkeye as well.

What about Sean Maher from Firefly?
11/23/12 3:52 PM
T Sauce

Hamm would be a great batman too. And back to the height discussion the JL is going to be infinitely more comic book oriented than the Nolan movies. Having a bane who isn't a juiced out gigantor only works in that universe, say what you want, Hardy killed that role.

Cavill is 6'1. JLG is 5'10. Hamm is 6'0. Hammer is 6'5. How awesome would it be if Batman towered over everyone despite being the only one with out real powers? Except the money of course, the greatest power of all. Phone Post
11/23/12 4:16 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

JoeHurley -

You guys are talking about whether actors are tall enough to play Batman while Tom Hardy just played Bane and nobody had a problem with him being 5'10 at most and portraying a supermuscled steroid monster that was supposed to dwarf Batman?  Movie magic can make anybody the right size for Batman.

This is a great point Phone Post
11/23/12 7:54 PM
TheZa
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think they need to do everything possible to get Bale back. Phone Post
11/23/12 8:20 PM
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hamm is about as Bruce Wayne / Batman as it gets. A little older though, isn't he? Still, he'd be great.

11/23/12 8:21 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JLA will be a steaming pile. They need to buckle down and follow the formula that is making billions for Marvel, but they won't and they will fuck up the property for years to come. Mark my words.

11/23/12 9:55 PM
BigWilliam
331 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a sneaking feeling you are right Charles. They are going to rush it.
11/23/12 9:56 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

^ I love guys that claims something blows before a script or footage has been released.

This guy is probably writing off the new Star Wars also Phone Post
11/23/12 10:28 PM
MarkRobinson
1424 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did you see reynolds GL? or read the new 52 JLA? all signs point to dc fucking things up royally. I'm inclined to agree with Charles. I'm still optimistic about new superman though. I think that'll be a good measuring stick for how the JLA film would be. *fingers crossed*
11/23/12 11:37 PM
UGCTT_Dinamita
133 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Luke Rockhold Phone Post
11/24/12 6:08 PM
CharlesLewis
784 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

believe me, I would love to be wrong... but all signs point to the suits that own DC sticking their dicks in and as has been pointed out, that hasn't been helping. Apart from Arrow, which I am told is good, everything DC has touched has turned to shit.

Even the idea of doing a different version of Batman so close to DK... doesn't bode well.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.