UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Who should be Batman in JL

11/24/12 6:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zenoplata
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 

Hamm is about as Bruce Wayne / Batman as it gets. A little older though, isn't he? Still, he'd be great.

I always thought Batman was suppose to be a bit older than the rest of the JL.

11/24/12 6:53 PM
Liyon
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Might as well go for Ryan Gosling! He's got the John Hamm-esque vibe, but is younger and infinitely more marketable.
11/25/12 3:24 PM
NeoSpartan
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scott Adkins

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0012078/

With a shave he even looks a bit like Christian Bale but actually has a martial arts background and can perform his own stunts. If you remember him from Undisputed II & III his acting is pretty good and he is used to being part of an ensemble (Expendables 2).

If I was casting JL Batman he'd be in my top 5. He can play a batman we have NEVER seen before. The most legit >badass< batman.

If DC does the movie properly, they have to go another direction with Batman. The other characters borderline don't matter, just the big 3, Batman in particular. The Avengers worked out the best formula for integrating regular/peak human combat with the CGI necessary for gods/meta-humans.

a Scott Adkins-Batman would be like Jeremy Rener's hawkeye but much more dynamic combat style and he can perform all of his own stunt scenes (good to promote). Using some wirework and the more 'unbelievable' camera techniques Batman could realistically be seen as someone that keeps up with the like of Superman, Wonderwoman, etc.

Nolan-verse shit isn't going to work in JL at ALL and no one is going to want to see more fight scenes with batman's hands on his head like he's about to do the sprinkler.

Nolan-Verse Batman is about being the everyman
JL Batman has always been about being exceptional

Check him out from Undisputed II, III!

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/SbI_04n3lLU?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/SbI_04n3lLU?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
11/25/12 3:25 PM
NeoSpartan
555 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh and for what it's worth, yes I know they'll probably just make it one big CGI fuckfest.
11/25/12 3:43 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NeoSpartan - oh and for what it's worth, yes I know they'll probably just make it one big CGI fuckfest.
If they make it like Avengers, ill be happy Phone Post
11/25/12 5:56 PM
Zenoplata
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Liyon - Might as well go for Ryan Gosling! He's got the John Hamm-esque vibe, but is younger and infinitely more marketable.

11/25/12 10:12 PM
TheZa
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Isn't Adkins Russian? Phone Post
11/27/12 4:21 AM
hagisan
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://m.cinemablend.com/new/Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-Play-Batman-Justice-League-Movie-34272.html

I''ll just leave this here... Phone Post
11/27/12 5:10 AM
YVEL MACHIDA
313 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hagisan - http://m.cinemablend.com/new/Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-Play-Batman-Justice-League-Movie-34272.html

I''ll just leave this here... Phone Post
Interesting, I'm ok with it Phone Post
11/27/12 9:57 AM
JudOWNED
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually don't mind the JLA movie using the Nolan-verse Batman. But, just like I do when it happens in the comics, I think it's a mistake to have someone other than Wayne be Batman (excepting future and alternative timeline iterations, of course).
11/27/12 2:31 PM
Bukkake
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://moviepilot.com/stories/762957-joseph-gordon-levitt-confirmed-for-batman-in-justice-league?stamp=43883&subscribe_to=401267&utm_campaign=joseph-gordon-levitt-will-definitely-be-playing-batman-in-new-justice-league-movie-may-cameo-in-man-of-steel-first&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=fb-channel-superheroes 

11/28/12 2:06 AM
Leigh
624 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah this guy looks like batman, especially since his name isn't Bruce Wayne :/ Phone Post
11/28/12 10:37 AM
BigWilliam
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JGL better get working with a trainer, he looks nothing like Batman. Great actor, but you need a certain physical presence to play the role.
11/28/12 10:58 AM
Zenoplata

JGL with the Nipple suit! No can defend!

11/28/12 11:26 AM
Hemlock
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chuck Norris
11/28/12 11:39 AM
BigWilliam
217 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Old, cannot act, annoying, no.
11/28/12 2:14 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JudOWNED - Zeno, I don't watch Mad Men, but that guy looks like Wayne right there!
My thoughts. Phone Post
11/28/12 2:21 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zenoplata -
Liyon - Might as well go for Ryan Gosling! He's got the John Hamm-esque vibe, but is younger and infinitely more marketable.

And this. Phone Post
11/29/12 3:57 PM
Bitters
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hamm would be great as bruce
11/29/12 11:18 PM
Calebcb
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hamm is the best suggestion so far. He looks more like Wayne than anyone that's played him in the movies to date.
11/30/12 9:42 AM
BigWilliam

Looks only go so far. I just don't see him as having that intensity to play Batman.
11/30/12 9:58 AM
Matthieu Battle
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i suppose you could have batman without bruce wayne, but could you have the justice league without bruce? i mean, doesn't wayne money pay for most of the JL toys? having some dingdong in a batsuit making $35k a year is a significantly different proposition.
11/30/12 10:38 AM
BigWilliam

You could do it without ever seeing him as Bruce Wayne. But I think the plan is to tie in future Batman movies with the JL movie, so eventually you would have to have them do both.

I know this is going to catch some serious flak, but I think you could easily go against type and cast someone like Idris Elba or Eamon Walker as Batman.
11/30/12 10:44 AM
Zenoplata

BigWilliam - Looks only go so far. I just don't see him as having that intensity to play Batman.

Watch The Town.

11/30/12 10:52 AM
Zenoplata

John Hamm for Batman!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.