UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Steam Autumn Sale

11/22/12 11:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheMountain
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There's a sale on until the 26th (I wouldn't have noticed unless I clicked on the Store randomly yesterday). Doesn't appear as large as the Summer and Holiday sales but there's still a lot of games at significant discounts.
11/22/12 1:05 PM
Eisenberg
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah theres some interesting stuff. The walking dead at 50% off looks interesting.
11/22/12 9:16 PM
JonnyW
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Max Payne 3 is up for $14.99 now.
11/23/12 12:38 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eisenberg - Yeah theres some interesting stuff. The walking dead at 50% off looks interesting.

Those games are great. It's not a traditional adventure game with puzzles but holy shit they are engaging.

I was going to get X-Com, but I think I'll hold off. I still haven't played through everything I got in the previous sale.
11/23/12 3:21 AM
Bigjon29
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just noticed Arma2 on sale on steam UK for £12,is dayz still worth playing or has it jumped the shark? Phone Post
11/23/12 5:46 AM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You need not just Arma 2, but also the first arma 2 expansion in order to play DayZ. Ah, I see the offer contains both.

For a lot of people, DayZ offered a unique experience. I don't think a lot of people played it a lot after the first week or two. Personally, I respect the concept, but the arma 2 engine is such a steaming piece of shit, I could not stand it. Zombies chug along the screen, there is tons of input lag, there is no feel of weapon handling, so shooting is an exercise in frustration.

BUT. I do believe there will be future games building on what DayZ tried to do and make it a smoother experience.

So I cannot recommend getting it now, I'd hold off.

X-com.. well I got it at launch, then I hit a bug in the tutorial where I tried to launch a rocket, and nothing would happen, I was stuck in the menu. Happened twice in a row, and I never played it again. I will definitely get back into it at some point. The original UFO 1 & 2 are among the first PC games I played, and I pick them back up every other year or so and kick some ass :D

Terraria is a GREAT buy for 3,39€, Portal 2 for 3,74€? Omfg.. Those are great deals. That's almost no money at all, and they will entertain you for hours and hours. Get them both nao.
11/23/12 5:52 AM
Bigjon29
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for the info
11/24/12 1:09 AM
mikehh
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Motivated Penn - You need not just Arma 2, but also the first arma 2 expansion in order to play DayZ. Ah, I see the offer contains both.

For a lot of people, DayZ offered a unique experience. I don't think a lot of people played it a lot after the first week or two. Personally, I respect the concept, but the arma 2 engine is such a steaming piece of shit, I could not stand it. Zombies chug along the screen, there is tons of input lag, there is no feel of weapon handling, so shooting is an exercise in frustration.

BUT. I do believe there will be future games building on what DayZ tried to do and make it a smoother experience.

So I cannot recommend getting it now, I'd hold off.

X-com.. well I got it at launch, then I hit a bug in the tutorial where I tried to launch a rocket, and nothing would happen, I was stuck in the menu. Happened twice in a row, and I never played it again. I will definitely get back into it at some point. The original UFO 1 & 2 are among the first PC games I played, and I pick them back up every other year or so and kick some ass :D

Terraria is a GREAT buy for 3,39€, Portal 2 for 3,74€? Omfg.. Those are great deals. That's almost no money at all, and they will entertain you for hours and hours. Get them both nao.

xcom is one of the best games i have played- give it another shot
11/24/12 5:47 PM
gord96
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Skyrim for 50% is a good deal. Borderlands 2 is also 50% off right now. And if you haven't played Deus Ex 2 yet, it's $4.99 right now.
11/24/12 6:07 PM
Djuke1
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope gta IV goes on sale I missed out when it was 7.50 a few weeks ago Phone Post
11/24/12 7:20 PM
Motivated Penn
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude I paid full price for X-com, you bet your sweet ass I am not giving up on it. I've just been waiting for a patch or two before I give it another go!

Yeah GTA 4 would be a great buy for 7.50, I own it on both the xbox and the PC and beat it on both :D

Let's see what's on today...

Deus Ex - Human Revolution for 2.99.. lol, that's a no-brainer, the game is great.. seriously that's gold.

Saint's Row 3 for 7.50.. might get that, actually. Passed on it at launch, but that's a good deal.
11/24/12 7:32 PM
Djuke1
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ive beaten it aswell I just want it for the dlc. Is saints row a good game? Phone Post
11/24/12 7:35 PM
Motivated Penn

Don't know man, I never played it or any of the Saints row games.

It's like a wacky gta clone I think, with focus on action and humor. Kinda telling that you see guys running around swinging giant purple dildos at eachother :D

A friend kept bugging me to get it at launch because they were having a great time in multiplayer, but I was broke at the time.

I think the reviews were solid...

84%
11/24/12 7:45 PM
Djuke1

Yeah I've always looked at it the same way. I'll have to have a look Phone Post
11/26/12 10:11 AM
odennis
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just bought Orcs Must Die 2 with all DLC, Dear Esther and Cave Story for $13. Steam does it right!
11/26/12 10:54 AM
Motivated Penn

I adored Dear Esther, but it is not for everybody. Still, it costs next to nothing, so even if you don't like it, it's about the price of a bag of chips.
11/26/12 11:55 AM
odennis

Motivated Penn - I adored Dear Esther, but it is not for everybody. Still, it costs next to nothing, so even if you don't like it, it's about the price of a bag of chips.

Exactly! I dont mind spending 2 dollars on a game even if I dont like it.
11/27/12 9:46 AM
BigWilliam
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I picked up Dishonored for 50% off. Fun game, takes a little bit to really get into it though.
11/28/12 2:57 AM
Bigjon29

I thought the recent steam sale was the winter one but it said autumn sale so I take it the winter sale will be soon possibly January? Phone Post
11/28/12 10:53 AM
Motivated Penn

Dishonored kicked ass. I saw somebody berate it for having little replay value, but that conflicts with several recommendations and reviews I have read where they state that they IMMEDIATELY started a second play through after beating it the first time.

The point is, and I am not spoiling anything here, it is very open ended, and you have multiple ways of going about things, of achieving your goals. The game is quite intelligently designed that way, and your actions have consequences, so you will wonder afterwards, what if I did this differently, or didn't do that etc...

If you are the kind of gamer that enjoyed Bioshock, Thief, Hitman (only played the first one), you get all these in one mix with Dishonored, a quality game in all aspects, art, character design, writing/story/dialogue , graphics, audio.

I loved it, is what I am getting at ;)

I have no idea about Steam sales, but I think there will be a Christmas one too, I am not sure.
11/28/12 11:33 AM
BigWilliam
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's good, but not great. Honestly on a visual level it's on par with Bioshock, but that game is five years old now.

Story is kind of meh, it's got no hook, nothing truly compelling.

The varied approach to tasks is a plus, but not a strong enough one for me. So again, good, but not great. B-/C+ territory.
11/28/12 1:07 PM
Motivated Penn

Well the Metacritic score is 91% which is a clear A. Not saying you are WRONG, because not all games are for all people, but it did make an impression on me, and I think it is a safe recommendation.
11/29/12 8:11 PM
Djuke1

the humble bundle have the thq bundle right now
http://www.humblebundle.com/

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.