UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> M Kimonos

11/22/12 1:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JZilla
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just looking for opinions fellas

They've sponsored loads of big names in years gone by, been in and around he scene etc and are all over places like bjj Heroes, open Mat radio and inside bjj

But

They are possibly the most expensive gis I have ever seen for sale direct from the company
In the UK the site says it's £220 for a palladium weave, excluding shipping. Damn that's $350!
Eg the gold star shoyoroll here is £145 ($230), Moya is about the same at £135

I've never trained with anyone who has an m kimono.

Is it just import duty /costs pushing up the UK price or are these gis really discernably better than the competition??

(Ps I know the site says that Luciana has moved to Switzerland now and so maybe prices will change sometime soon) Phone Post
11/22/12 2:01 PM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I had a hybrid weave it was ok but nothing special. Mkimonos are very average IMO there are way better gis for far less money. Phone Post
11/22/12 5:33 PM
spider guard
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have 2 palladium. They are cost as much as these fancy gis coming out nowadays and IMO are way better than th fancy ones. You can get good gis for cheaper, but something about the clean design and M logo appeals to me.
11/22/12 5:51 PM
CJJScout
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My first gi was a MKimono hybrid. Didn't tear until my brown belt. Lu has recently moved to Switzerland and I can't contact her. Want to order a new gi and get my black belt since all my other belts have been MKimono.
11/22/12 6:25 PM
Sir Taps
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just grabbed the hybrid weave off of Budovideos as part of their Black Friday offers, it's about £100 cheaper than buying from Lu direct. She's really got her UK prices wrong - there's absolutely no justification for such a price difference between pounds and dollars, especially when she's now based in Switzerland.

James

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.