UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> I bought the Guitar

11/25/12 7:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

~~ MMA Movember Edition ~~

that soundcloud is just random stuff nothing too serious so take it with a pinch of salt. 

11/25/12 7:47 AM
viorage
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MentaL - 

that soundcloud is just random stuff nothing too serious so take it with a pinch of salt. 

was dimebag an influence on your guitar playing? 

11/25/12 7:48 AM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage - 
MentaL - 

was dimebag an influence on your guitar playing? 

No, influences are Opeth , Lamb of god, Nevermore and a bunch of random stuff in between. Opeth are my favourite. 

11/25/12 7:52 AM
viorage
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks for sharing, sounds really good.  Im still listening to your other tracks.

11/25/12 7:52 AM
MentaL

this is a good channel to learn from if your a metal fan or just want some production tips. 

11/25/12 7:55 AM
viorage

MentaL - 

this is a good channel to learn from if your a metal fan or just want some production tips. 

ill check it out, but I want to learn the blues, not sure if you read the entire thread but I just got my first guitar and ive learned 2 chords.  so yeah I dont need any production tips for another 10-15 years aha

11/25/12 7:58 AM
MentaL

viorage - 
MentaL - 

ill check it out, but I want to learn the blues, not sure if you read the entire thread but I just got my first guitar and ive learned 2 chords.  so yeah I dont need any production tips for another 10-15 years aha

blues is fun, not my style but it has some good techniques that apply to metal. a lot of rock/metal players are using the blues/pentatonic style scales (Kirk Hammit). 

11/25/12 8:01 AM
viorage

MentaL - 
viorage - 
MentaL - 

blues is fun, not my style but it has some good techniques that apply to metal. a lot of rock/metal players are using the blues/pentatonic style scales (Kirk Hammit). 

really, I would of never guessed, I wonder if the blues players use any rock/metal? 

11/25/12 8:02 AM
MentaL

viorage - 
MentaL - 
viorage - 
MentaL - 

really, I would of never guessed, I wonder if the blues players use any rock/metal? 

11/25/12 8:07 AM
MentaL

To learn somes go to ultimate-guitar.com and look @ tabs there. BEst program is to use Guitar Pro and open the tabs via that. 

11/25/12 8:11 AM
viorage

damn if I could only get to be an 1/100th of that good I would be amazed, that is awesome.

11/25/12 8:14 AM
viorage

MentaL - 

To learn somes go to ultimate-guitar.com and look @ tabs there. BEst program is to use Guitar Pro and open the tabs via that. 

I got guitar pro 6 Im not even close to being able to play tabs yet.  Im still thinking way to much.  I slowed down johnny cash's, Folsome state prison song and still had a hard time keeping up aha.  Im learning the chords now first through justinguitar.com its really helping a lot

11/25/12 8:29 AM
MentaL

http://www.cyberfret.com/chords/beginning-7/index.php

memorize them. The way to get it to become muscle memory is simple. What i do is choose two chords, such as C and D and alternate between them over and over and over and over until its muscle memory. Onto the next. Eventually you'll just think the shape and you'll go to it. The shapes can also be usedf or other chords too, it all depends ont he position on the fret board. Example. Using an E minor shape (open) and adding a bar on the 3rd fret of the E would become G Minor.

Have fun. 

11/25/12 8:33 AM
viorage

MentaL - 

http://www.cyberfret.com/chords/beginning-7/index.php

memorize them. The way to get it to become muscle memory is simple. What i do is choose two chords, such as C and D and alternate between them over and over and over and over until its muscle memory. Onto the next. Eventually you'll just think the shape and you'll go to it. The shapes can also be usedf or other chords too, it all depends ont he position on the fret board. Example. Using an E minor shape (open) and adding a bar on the 3rd fret of the E would become G Minor.

Have fun. 

Ill check that out, thanks.  Im slowly starting to be able to transfer from D to A (only two chords Ive worked on)

11/25/12 8:33 AM
MentaL

some shapes allow for the finger to stay in the same position too if your using open chords. 

11/25/12 11:04 AM
invalid
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Here we are playing live this summer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjeMDvCdrtc
11/25/12 11:21 AM
Ryan Wood
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice guitar and amp! Here's to what may become a lifelong obsession, dude! \m/

I'm a hobbyist player, not very good, but I find that even though I lack proficiency I still have a hell of a time playing. I recorded this cover of The Trooper last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoDuZt45BCI
11/25/12 11:57 AM
nogidavid
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Wood - Nice guitar and amp! Here's to what may become a lifelong obsession, dude! \m/

I'm a hobbyist player, not very good, but I find that even though I lack proficiency I still have a hell of a time playing. I recorded this cover of The Trooper last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoDuZt45BCI

nice, dude :)

what guitar/amp you rocking?

11/25/12 12:11 PM
Ryan Wood
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In that particular vid I'm playing an Ibanez RG350 (I had the floating trem blocked both ways because it's a low quality piece of junk and doing so prolonged the life of the guitar) with a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in the bridge and the other two pickups are stock. The Dimebucker is an alright high output pickup but the highs can be a little too piercing at times when playing clean.

The amp is a Peavey ValveKing 112, which I freakin love. It's a very versatile amp, from my experience. Effects and whatnot are coming from my Digitech RP350 multi-effect thingy -- I use custom patches because the factory ones weren't my cup of tea.

I also have a Dean VMNT (the lower budget one) that appears in a couple of my other videos. It's a nice change from the Ibanez, as far as the feeling of the neck goes, and it's got two volume pots which I love for when I don't feel like hooking up the RP I like to switch between clean and dirty by using my pickup selector.

Other than that I've got a BOSS MT-2 and an Ibanez TS-9, both of which pop up in various places in other videos.

I reallllllllllllyyyyyyy want a hotrodded Strat, though... But I know next time I have some spare cash, this is what I'll get:

http://www.rondomusic.com/product4855.html

Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy that's a snazzy guitar.
11/25/12 12:18 PM
MentaL

Ryan Wood - In that particular vid I'm playing an Ibanez RG350 (I had the floating trem blocked both ways because it's a low quality piece of junk and doing so prolonged the life of the guitar) with a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in the bridge and the other two pickups are stock. The Dimebucker is an alright high output pickup but the highs can be a little too piercing at times when playing clean.

The amp is a Peavey ValveKing 112, which I freakin love. It's a very versatile amp, from my experience. Effects and whatnot are coming from my Digitech RP350 multi-effect thingy -- I use custom patches because the factory ones weren't my cup of tea.

I also have a Dean VMNT (the lower budget one) that appears in a couple of my other videos. It's a nice change from the Ibanez, as far as the feeling of the neck goes, and it's got two volume pots which I love for when I don't feel like hooking up the RP I like to switch between clean and dirty by using my pickup selector.

Other than that I've got a BOSS MT-2 and an Ibanez TS-9, both of which pop up in various places in other videos.

I reallllllllllllyyyyyyy want a hotrodded Strat, though... But I know next time I have some spare cash, this is what I'll get:

I got the blackouts in my ATX Blackjack C7 , tbh.. the EMG 707s are better. 

11/25/12 12:47 PM
viorage

invalid - Here we are playing live this summer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjeMDvCdrtc

over 3 million views!! are you famous or something?

11/25/12 12:49 PM
viorage

Ryan Wood - In that particular vid I'm playing an Ibanez RG350 (I had the floating trem blocked both ways because it's a low quality piece of junk and doing so prolonged the life of the guitar) with a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker in the bridge and the other two pickups are stock. The Dimebucker is an alright high output pickup but the highs can be a little too piercing at times when playing clean.

whats up with the 7th string?

11/25/12 12:50 PM
viorage

im still voting you guys up for the support on my journey.  I want to play a song by summer

11/25/12 1:14 PM
Retired Douchebag
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/25/12 1:15 PM
johnonguitar7 - 
Retired Douchebag -
viorage - 
raleigh - What's this challenge?

here is the challenge:

by Retired douchebag:

Wow so many guitarists on this board. This advice is almost like asking for fitness goals, dieting tips, or how to fuck women. Every one knows everything about everything! I wonder if any guitar players would step up if I posted up an OG guitar challenge?

Actually I wanted to duel AngryInch (friendly btw not cursory) on a guitar song. I was gonna find a guitar track and see who came up with the better improvisation (or rehearsed). Quality wouldn't matter, and the fans would decide. Top 3 winners would get a blue name, or gift certificate via Visa. I'm still contemplating how to go about it, but I'd like to get people to step aside and put themselves out there - not a challenge to whether or not people offering guitar advice really know how to play. 

I like this backing track so far so it incorporates blues and rock: 

I'm down for whatever bro if it will stop you sounding so high and mighty ;) Phone Post

Not sounding high and mighty - just wondering if these guys offering advice really know how to play. Anyway enjoy my samples below, faygots. 

Shred Guitar Demo - Timothy Hellfire by Timothy Hellfire

Guitar Solo Sample Duet Harmony by Timothy Hellfire

11/25/12 1:45 PM
viorage

^^^ sounds really good man

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.