UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> I bought the Guitar

11/22/12 9:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BenBJJ
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sewich - 
BenBJJ - Justinguitar isawesome! Wish I had that when i was 16! I just used Guitarworlds.
No shit, i wish i had all these outlets when i was young. I have 10 years of guitar worlds , thankfully I haven't had to move them for the past 6 years, even when I would be on my long breaks from playing I would keep renewing my subscription! Phone Post

Steve Vai's 10hour workout helped me alot... kinda boring, but helped me so much.
11/22/12 9:37 PM
El_Varaco
293 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stretch before you play to avoid cramping, john petrucci shows you how.

really helps especially when  you know you're gonna play for more than 30 mins. also helps stretch out your fingers.

sometimes the practice routine is exactly like traneing UFC, stretch, warm up, drills to improve skills (scales, licks, etc.) new techniques, new songs, jam.

11/22/12 9:40 PM
sewich
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stretch before and after practice, I find myself doing stretches all day long. Carpel tunnel fucking sucks.

Plenty of videos on YouTube showing good guitar player stretches. Phone Post
11/22/12 9:40 PM
BenBJJ
266 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vai talks to Justinguitar.
Cool interview on how he got starting including discussing practicing.

11/22/12 9:41 PM
Dajuisher
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sorry if I missed it. Is that an American Strat? Phone Post
11/22/12 9:44 PM
jkennedy
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BenBJJ - Vai talks to Justinguitar.

While Vai is critical to where the guitar scene is today studying him is like studying Rickson to get good at BJJ. You'll pick up stuff but the guy is so naturally gifted that he's beyond the average mortal. Phone Post
11/22/12 9:45 PM
BenBJJ

Just did a quick search...

Once you get a bit better, give this a go!

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|92p5|32351604|Steve_Vai_30_Hour_Workout.pdf|2720|0|0
11/22/12 9:49 PM
BenBJJ

jkennedy - 

While Vai is critical to where the guitar scene is today studying him is like studying Rickson to get good at BJJ. You'll pick up stuff but the guy is so naturally gifted that he's beyond the average mortal. Phone Post

Listening to this interview... very Rickson! Lol!
11/22/12 9:51 PM
BenBJJ

Edited: 11/22/12 9:52 PM
Hey, I'm getting carried away... but this is an inspiring and very cool speech.

11/22/12 9:54 PM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sub
11/22/12 10:08 PM
jkennedy
158 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BenBJJ -
jkennedy - 

Listening to this interview... very Rickson! Lol!
I did. That's how where the analogy came from.

I'd love a Gem for the collection but fuck me I'd never learn to play it. The guy was playing with Frank when he was in his teens. Phone Post
11/22/12 10:11 PM
viorage
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Very good information ill definately check out Justin. I'm realizing everything seems so fast but it will all slow down when you get the hang of it Phone Post
11/22/12 10:14 PM
viorage
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm going to make myself practice at least an hour a day. I've been downloading a lot of programs and books as well. I'm thinking of making a recording now and then at six months and so on so I see the progression. If I can figure out how to get the recorder to work Phone Post
11/22/12 10:17 PM
TheBearStare
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub. Wish you the best with practice. I got a piano recently and im just beginning my musical journey Phone Post
11/22/12 10:19 PM
ArmbarKing
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When you are learning songs, don't kill yourself trying to play them at their normal speed while you are getting used to switching chords, and generally moving your fingers. Slow the tempo down, and as you get better gradually speed up.
11/22/12 10:21 PM
Chimonos Revenge

Also if you are a Clapton fan check out 12bar.de

It's a great site that breaks down a lot of Claptons songs and techniques, but it also has some great basic blues guitar theory, scales, and info Phone Post
11/22/12 10:24 PM
viorage

Chimonos Revenge - Also if you are a Clapton fan check out 12bar.de

It's a great site that breaks down a lot of Claptons songs and techniques, but it also has some great basic blues guitar theory, scales, and info Phone Post
Cool ill check that out as well Phone Post
11/22/12 10:25 PM
viorage

I might take a class at Tacoma community college as well. If its offered at
Night Phone Post
11/22/12 10:27 PM
invalid
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn dude, you bought that for your first guitar
11/22/12 10:35 PM
Dellamorte
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With electric guitar sound, the guitar is 20%, the amplifier is 120%. Line 6's are good though, I'm playing a Jackson DKMG through a Spider Valve(212 bogner tubage) here. Cheap shit can sound good if you buy right.

11/22/12 10:40 PM
viorage

invalid - damn dude, you bought that for your first guitar
Yeah I did, why? I thought it was a good deal so I ran with it Phone Post
11/22/12 10:50 PM
Gerbacio
625 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

in

11/22/12 10:54 PM
invalid
212 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage - 

because most of us had to start out with shit gear ya bastard lol
11/22/12 11:23 PM
Dajuisher
103 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

invalid -
viorage - 

Right. Is that a US Strat? Phone Post
11/22/12 11:45 PM
jkennedy

Dajuisher -
invalid -
viorage - 

Right. Is that a US Strat? Phone Post
He asks hoping the answer will be MIM.... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.