UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> I bought the Guitar

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/29/13 5:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sewich
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage -
Paperboy2000 - 
viorage - 
Paperboy2000 - Have fun bro! I was waiting to make sure you didn't break it in two. Now I'm gonna plug in myself.

what do you like to play?  What kind of set up do you have?

This thread will never end!

My situation is like yours plus about 8 years - got into it as an adult and could afford to buy what I want so some people thought I was a bit crazy too. I mostly bought (and sold) guitars but also some amps too.

I play mostly a Musicman Axis Super Sport through THD Flexi 50 into Mesa 4x12. It is way more than I need but I love playing it and it sounds like hot sex, and I can't really imagine wanting to change up. I don't use much in the way of pedals. I play different stuff, mostly classic rock type I guess, I like surf too. Recently playing a lot of Van Halen.

I think Im 3 months in,  but when I start to feel comfortable I get on guitar pro 6 pop on a song and then realize I still have a lot of work today.

my worst struggle point right now is foot tapping to trip-a-lets and sometimes even doubles.  my foot wants to tap all three times on a 1 count.  If I do it in my head it works a lot better.  Sticking point but I'll get over it.

Try counting triplets out like

1-trip-let , 2-trip-let, ect instead of tri-p-let. Phone Post
1/29/13 5:46 PM
viorage
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sewich -
viorage -
Paperboy2000 - 
viorage - 
Paperboy2000 - Have fun bro! I was waiting to make sure you didn't break it in two. Now I'm gonna plug in myself.

My situation is like yours plus about 8 years - got into it as an adult and could afford to buy what I want so some people thought I was a bit crazy too. I mostly bought (and sold) guitars but also some amps too.

I play mostly a Musicman Axis Super Sport through THD Flexi 50 into Mesa 4x12. It is way more than I need but I love playing it and it sounds like hot sex, and I can't really imagine wanting to change up. I don't use much in the way of pedals. I play different stuff, mostly classic rock type I guess, I like surf too. Recently playing a lot of Van Halen.

I think Im 3 months in,  but when I start to feel comfortable I get on guitar pro 6 pop on a song and then realize I still have a lot of work today.

my worst struggle point right now is foot tapping to trip-a-lets and sometimes even doubles.  my foot wants to tap all three times on a 1 count.  If I do it in my head it works a lot better.  Sticking point but I'll get over it.

I've tried that one and also just 1 - da- da 2- da- da

I'm getting better once its in my muscle memory bank it'll be all good Phone Post
1/29/13 9:56 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage - 
sewich -
viorage -
Paperboy2000 - 
viorage - 

I'm getting better once its in my muscle memory bank it'll be all good Phone Post

"Pineapple" is a good solfege for triplets.
1/29/13 11:11 PM
viorage
365 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Invisible Lats Syndrome -
viorage - 
sewich -
viorage -
Paperboy2000 - 
viorage - 

I'm sure your fucking with me to make me sound stupid. Phone Post
1/29/13 11:17 PM
viorage

so my tattoo artist, I just found out, makes bases from scratch.  He was kind enough to let me take some pics of two of them.

He said he would sell that one ^^^^^

Heres one more.

He says he has about six of them, he made

1/30/13 12:13 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage - 
viorage - 
sewich -
viorage -
Paperboy2000 - 
viorage - 

It has 3 syllables and when people say it naturally each syllable is fairly even in length. The 'p' in 'pine' can be pronounced hard to emphasise the beat. Solfege is just mnemonic gibberish and 'pineapple' is going to be more natural to some people than 'triola' or 'trip-a-let'.

1/30/13 9:53 AM
viorage

viorage - 
viorage - 
sewich -
viorage -
Paperboy2000 - 
viorage - 

It has 3 syllables and when people say it naturally each syllable is fairly even in length. The 'p' in 'pine' can be pronounced hard to emphasise the beat. Solfege is just mnemonic gibberish and 'pineapple' is going to be more natural to some people than 'triola' or 'trip-a-let'.

Ok I'll try it. Better not be trolling me. Phone Post
1/30/13 1:17 PM
viorage

None of you homos like those bass's my tattooer made? I think they are awesome Phone Post
1/30/13 2:01 PM
Christ Crapped in My Fish and Chips
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage -  None of you homos like those bass's my tattooer made? I think they are awesome Phone Post

They are very cool, does he have a website? Suck's about the UA's, that's no way to live

1/30/13 4:34 PM
viorage

Christ Crapped in My Fish and Chips -
viorage -  None of you homos like those bass's my tattooer made? I think they are awesome Phone Post

They are very cool, does he have a website? Suck's about the UA's, that's no way to live

No website he just makes em as a hobby Phone Post
1/30/13 4:37 PM
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage - 
Christ Crapped in My Fish and Chips -

No website he just makes em as a hobby Phone Post

Well if he starts with solid blocks of wood and makes those that's very impressive. He could be selling those for 4-5k all day if they play as nice as they look

1/30/13 8:52 PM
viorage

Yeah they play good. I told him to see if there's a market or demand for them. He even makes the necks Phone Post
1/31/13 1:22 PM
viorage

I've been practicing a lot on just
Songs lately and realize that I am not
Ready. Time to go back and drill. I need to get faster and lay down my chords faster.

Also to pick or not to pick that is the question. I see a lot of players not using picks. So what is the idea behind not using a pick. I think it would help me out a lot finding the strings without looking.

What are your thoughts fellas? Phone Post
1/31/13 10:53 PM
Paperboy2000
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I play with a pick, both guitar and bass, and I can emulate most sounds, for example fingerpicking on guitar or slap and pop on bass. Even the great Chris Squire from Yes plays bass with a pick, so anything is possible.

But any way you go, the more hours you spend playing, your muscle memory will keep improving at knowing where you are on the guitar, with both hands. So it will all work out with time.

And just choose for yourself which techniques are most interesting to work on at any given time. Change things up when it gets stale. Standard stuff.

1/31/13 10:58 PM
viorage

Paperboy2000 - I play with a pick, both guitar and bass, and I can emulate most sounds, for example fingerpicking on guitar or slap and pop on bass. Even the great Chris Squire from Yes plays bass with a pick, so anything is possible.

But any way you go, the more hours you spend playing, your muscle memory will keep improving at knowing where you are on the guitar, with both hands. So it will all work out with time.

And just choose for yourself which techniques are most interesting to work on at any given time. Change things up when it gets stale. Standard stuff.

I had an off day today practicing. But tomorrows another day. I'm going to break out my les Paul tomorrow I can play that one much better. But I rarely use it cause I don't want to fuck it up Phone Post
1/31/13 11:00 PM
viorage

I want to play the blues soooo bad!! I'm hoping by next year ill be able to play a little Phone Post
1/31/13 11:06 PM
Paperboy2000
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why don't you also start learning some tunes you like on GT pro, just slow that way down to start? You can learn your technique as you learn to play stuff you like.
1/31/13 11:24 PM
viorage

Paperboy2000 - Why don't you also start learning some tunes you like on GT pro, just slow that way down to start? You can learn your technique as you learn to play stuff you like.
I've been doing that. I'm just to damn slow. I guess I'll try slowing it down. Phone Post
2/1/13 4:06 AM

2/1/13 9:12 AM
viorage

Christ Crapped in My Fish and Chips - 

OMG!!!  If you look real close there is a hot chick in that picture.

2/1/13 9:20 AM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i love the flock of birds on the inlay, almost as nice as my jem. 

2/1/13 9:54 AM
viorage

Now I am an amateur but that is a PRS right? Phone Post
2/1/13 9:55 AM
viorage

MentaL -

i love the flock of birds on the inlay, almost as nice as my jem. 

Can you post a pic of your jem Phone Post
2/1/13 4:42 PM
Ryan Wood
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you learned to play a blues shuffle? It's pretty simple to play and you can easily make up nonsensical lyrics to sing over top of it.
2/1/13 8:51 PM
viorage

Ryan Wood - Have you learned to play a blues shuffle? It's pretty simple to play and you can easily make up nonsensical lyrics to sing over top of it.

yeah Im going to play a little of that now actually.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.