UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> I bought the Guitar

2/3/13 3:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
viorage
352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage -  Okay how about a variation of some sort of panteras this love Phone Post

Mental you down????

2/3/13 4:05 PM
viorage
352 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/03/13 4:05 PM

GIFSoup

son of a bitch!  I found it

2/3/13 4:43 PM
viorage

Edited: 02/03/13 4:50 PM

prs standard 22  custom painted its blue but in different lighting it looks green.  Really good deal on it.  I know I shouldn't buy it so hopefully he sold it already.

2/3/13 4:50 PM
viorage

2/3/13 5:29 PM
DonkeyKick215
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nice color
2/3/13 5:49 PM
viorage

ebay is selling these for almost triple the price hes asking

2/4/13 10:54 AM
Jacks Wasted Life
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage -

Are you sure it's the made in USA version? PRS also has guitars made in Korea that are way cheaper. Still supposed to be pretty good guitars though.

PRS pickups can be a love them or hate them thing. By all accounts they make very good guitars but a lot of guys end up ripping the stock pickups out and putting something else in, even on the expensive USA guitars. I'd play the PRS through a good amp before buying to see if you like the sound of the pickups.

It's all subjective, but in my opinion you already have the best sounding guitar out there with your Les Paul. I've tried dozens of guitars and nothing sounds as good as a Les. Phone Post
2/4/13 4:08 PM
Ryan Wood
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://youtu.be/vQelqi7koqw

Sheesh, check out this kid's cover of Trivium's Into The Mouth Of Hell We March. The guitar solos start around 3m:40s, absolutely nuts.
2/4/13 4:24 PM
viorage

Jacks Wasted Life -
viorage -

Are you sure it's the made in USA version? PRS also has guitars made in Korea that are way cheaper. Still supposed to be pretty good guitars though.

PRS pickups can be a love them or hate them thing. By all accounts they make very good guitars but a lot of guys end up ripping the stock pickups out and putting something else in, even on the expensive USA guitars. I'd play the PRS through a good amp before buying to see if you like the sound of the pickups.

It's all subjective, but in my opinion you already have the best sounding guitar out there with your Les Paul. I've tried dozens of guitars and nothing sounds as good as a Les. Phone Post
Oh I'll have to ask the guy. I didn't know that Phone Post
2/4/13 6:25 PM
Christ Crapped in My Fish and Chips
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage - 
Jacks Wasted Life -
viorage -

The non American ones say SE on the headstock, not the signature. It could be a fake Chinese copy, but looks legit. But imo learn to fucking play before spending money on shit that's way out of your league/budget. Unless you are on a worldwide tour you don't need 3 top tier guitars

2/4/13 8:59 PM
viorage

Christ Crapped in My Fish and Chips -
viorage - 
Jacks Wasted Life -
viorage -

The non American ones say SE on the headstock, not the signature. It could be a fake Chinese copy, but looks legit. But imo learn to fucking play before spending money on shit that's way out of your league/budget. Unless you are on a worldwide tour you don't need 3 top tier guitars

Yeah I backed out. I can reward myself with whatever I want. I'm working 60 hours a week.

But like I said I didn't get it. It was American made. Selling for $1100. They are going for around 3k on ebay Phone Post
2/4/13 9:16 PM
Jacks Wasted Life
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage -
viorage - 
Jacks Wasted Life -
viorage -

Yeah I backed out. I can reward myself with whatever I want. I'm working 60 hours a week.

But like I said I didn't get it. It was American made. Selling for $1100. They are going for around 3k on ebay Phone Post
Are they being sold for $3k or asking $3k? I've seen nice used ones for $1,200 - $1,600 at local music stores. $1,100 is a great price for a used one if it's in excellent condition.

Ever checked out USA made Hamer guitars? Awesome guitars you can get at great prices used...personally I prefer them to PRS. I picked up a USA Hamer Studio mahoghany last year and it's fantastic. Somewhat similar to a PRS/Les Paul doublecut. Phone Post
2/5/13 12:11 AM
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The flametop American PRS I got earlier in the thread I got for about 600. Taking time has it's positves, like you know what you're talking about and can actually play them. $1100 is average at best for a non birds prs standard

2/5/13 12:13 AM

Found 3 better deals in about 2 seconds. These are what they actually sell for, not what some nitwit on ebay is asking

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-Standard-22-Metallic-Red-2003-with-Original-Hardshell-Case-and-FREE-SHIPPING-/300849367670?pt=Guitar&hash=item460c050a76&nma=true&si=dNbJPDKF3YN2MmG7Ve8t6OPdVRM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-Standard-22-guitar-/121015132937?pt=Guitar&hash=item1c2d106309&nma=true&si=dNbJPDKF3YN2MmG7Ve8t6OPdVRM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Reed-Smith-22-Standard-tremelo-Silver-/111001477902?pt=Guitar&hash=item19d834230e&nma=true&si=dNbJPDKF3YN2MmG7Ve8t6OPdVRM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

2/5/13 12:24 AM

Edited: 02/05/13 12:24 AM
viorage - 

What was the width at the nut? Radius? Neck shape? What scale length do you like? Fret size? Do you prefer hardtail or trem? I guess cowboy chords are easy on anything. You're gonna end up "rewarding" yourself with a bunch of shit you may end up not liking, and since you don't know prices you're gonna lose a ton of money. Seems as though you're not interested in advice from those in the know, so godspeed and party on. I personally would have felt like a tool having a nice guitar (or three) and not the ability to play it

2/5/13 9:15 AM
viorage

viorage - 

What was the width at the nut? Radius? Neck shape? What scale length do you like? Fret size? Do you prefer hardtail or trem? I guess cowboy chords are easy on anything. You're gonna end up "rewarding" yourself with a bunch of shit you may end up not liking, and since you don't know prices you're gonna lose a ton of money. Seems as though you're not interested in advice from those in the know, so godspeed and party on. I personally would have felt like a tool having a nice guitar (or three) and not the ability to play it

No you're right, that's why I backed out. The les Paul is the easiest for me to play. I just have a bunch o money laying around and I was tempted. I slept on it an woke up and said nah I don't need that. I just have to quit looking at the PRS's. I went and tried one out but the les Paul sounds an feels better to me.
Wasn't trying to sound like a dick. Sorry I had a rough day yesterday at work Phone Post
2/5/13 9:23 AM
viorage

Found 3 better deals in about 2 seconds. These are what they actually sell for, not what some nitwit on ebay is asking

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-Standard-22-Metallic-Red-2003-with-Original-Hardshell-Case-and-FREE-SHIPPING-/300849367670?pt=Guitar&hash=item460c050a76&nma=true&si=dNbJPDKF3YN2MmG7Ve8t6OPdVRM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRS-Standard-22-guitar-/121015132937?pt=Guitar&hash=item1c2d106309&nma=true&si=dNbJPDKF3YN2MmG7Ve8t6OPdVRM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paul-Reed-Smith-22-Standard-tremelo-Silver-/111001477902?pt=Guitar&hash=item19d834230e&nma=true&si=dNbJPDKF3YN2MmG7Ve8t6OPdVRM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Oh well thank fuck I'm retraded aha. I'm not getting anything else. Thanks for giving me the heads up Phone Post
2/5/13 9:44 AM
viorage

OMG. Just figured out something. I'm the guy who comes to for the first time and shows up with all the gear in the world when us guys who have been doing it forever show up with torn up shorts a t-shirt and a mouthpiece.

Holy shit I'm the tapout guy. FFS. Okay let's let this thread die please I'm really embarrassed now Phone Post
2/5/13 10:27 AM
Extendo
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't be too hard on yourself. You got right into something real quick, and had the loot to get yourself outfitted with a lot of gear that takes most people years to acquire.

You are well set up for decades of enjoyment. Phone Post
2/5/13 11:22 AM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

or your just the guy who has expensive taste? 

2/5/13 1:18 PM
viorage

MentaL -

or your just the guy who has expensive taste? 

Yes you are correct when it comes
To my hobbies. When I rode dirtbikes I was the same way I put so much money into those things it was crazy. But on the other hand when it comes to stuff I need. Like clothes or a vehicle I'm cheap as hell. I buy my clothes from goodwill drive the bottom of the line 2006 ford ranger. All my underwear and socks have holes in them.

Hey mental so you see my message about whipping out "this love" by pantera. I would love to hear that Phone Post
2/6/13 4:15 AM

viorage -  OMG. Just figured out something. I'm the guy who comes to for the first time and shows up with all the gear in the world when us guys who have been doing it forever show up with torn up shorts a t-shirt and a mouthpiece.

Holy shit I'm the tapout guy. FFS. Okay let's let this thread die please I'm really embarrassed now Phone Post

Don't be embarassed, it's all a learning process! But yes that's a good analogy lol

2/6/13 5:27 AM
JoeBunn
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage - OMG. Just figured out something. I'm the guy who comes to for the first time and shows up with all the gear in the world when us guys who have been doing it forever show up with torn up shorts a t-shirt and a mouthpiece.

Yes, you are. I've been playing the instrument for well over 20 years and I use one guitar and one amp 90% of the time. All you do is look for things to buy instead of things to learn and master. The tone comes from the fingers. Phone Post
2/6/13 1:25 PM
viorage

Nah when I'm home I'm reading and learning about the guitar. It's at work when I'm bored I run through Craigslist.

That being said. Lol I did buy something a Vox amplug so I can plug in and practice on my lunch break at work. Only $30 bucks. So I should get a pass.

Tapout guy out Phone Post
2/6/13 4:06 PM
viorage

JoeBunn -
viorage - OMG. Just figured out something. I'm the guy who comes to for the first time and shows up with all the gear in the world when us guys who have been doing it forever show up with torn up shorts a t-shirt and a mouthpiece.

Yes, you are. I've been playing the instrument for well over 20 years and I use one guitar and one amp 90% of the time. All you do is look for things to buy instead of things to learn and master. The tone comes from the fingers. Phone Post
Be honest so you never in twenty years Bought something that was unnecessary?

Anyway no more eBay or Craigslist for me. I've got everything ill ever need. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.