UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> I bought the Guitar

2/18/13 11:05 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Paperboy2000
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seanster, for less than 2 months I find that crazy impressive!
2/19/13 12:47 AM
TexDeuce
86 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sounds good Seanster, keep it up. This thread got me back to playing my guitar. Have the callouses back on the fingers and it feels good man. Phone Post
2/19/13 1:03 AM
viorage
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theseanster -

How's the guitar going? I'm diggin the change from guitar to keyboard. I still suck, but not too bad for just starting a few days after Christmas.

What do you think?

Ill check that out tomorrow.

I think it's time for me to change the strings out. Guitar is going out of time pretty quick and it kinda sounds shitty. I'm hoping that's the problem anyway.

I was moving and my amp fell over now it makes a weird noise when I tap a string. Did I break a tube or something? They are all lot up and it still sounds good but that noise is annoying. Phone Post
2/19/13 2:27 PM
theseanster
255 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/19/13 2:27 PM

Thanks guys that means a lot, I'm really down on myself for not being able to get the timing right, but hopefully after a while it gets easier. Also, I totally fail at Cubase! I got a copy with my keyboard and every time i got to record something the effects on my keyboard end up triple in effect...like all of a sudden there's extra chorus, reverb, etc and it throws me off when I play....then I export the wav and I hear no effects...so I have no clue what I'm doing. I think I need a new software that's simpler, for dummies or something.

When I started taking lessons in Jan, my teacher said to make sure I practice with my left hand and I told her, hey I'm left hand dominant because I played on a guitar for 20 years. Then ripped out some notes up and down the keyboard left hand, sounds great. Piano is right hand for melodies, which as you guitarst know.....imagine all of a sudden you are playing guitar with your right hand....that's what it feels like. So I can kind of "piano shred" but it's like I'm re-learning hammer-ons with my right hand. It's weird as hell.

Starting to learn some new floyd songs. Man I love Richard Wright's playing

2/22/13 6:31 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watch me finger a minor.

My new song/video is done! Come check it out-metal Video Thread 
(16) [191] by MentaL

check it out! 

2/23/13 10:23 AM
viorage
237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mental I swear one of these days im going to talk you into doing "this love by pantera" but with your own touch.  That would be awesome.

2/23/13 12:13 PM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watch me finger a minor.
Lol, I wouldn't want to shit on dimebag. Phone Post
2/23/13 12:39 PM
viorage

MentaL -  Lol, I wouldn't want to shit on dimebag. Phone Post

damnit cmon man, do your own version

2/23/13 1:47 PM
viorage

Edited: 02/23/13 3:02 PM

edit cause im an idiot.  FML

2/23/13 1:50 PM
MentaL

Watch me finger a minor.

penblwydd hapus and i'll assume its cocaine? 

2/23/13 1:57 PM
viorage

MentaL - 

penblwydd hapus and i'll assume its cocaine? 

thanks, i wish it was cocain.  Ill pm you what my family got me.

2/23/13 3:32 PM
viorage

wow I fucked up everything today.  I tried changing out my strings on the strat and now its sounds like shit.  My B and G string sound the exact same and even tune as the same string I have no idea what I did.  I like the les paul better anyway. 

2/23/13 4:22 PM
Jacks Wasted Life
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage -

wow I fucked up everything today.  I tried changing out my strings on the strat and now its sounds like shit.  My B and G string sound the exact same and even tune as the same string I have no idea what I did.  I like the les paul better anyway. 

Changing strings can be a pain in the ass at first. There are lots of good youtube videos that help.

Are your G and B string both tuned to a G or a B? Plug into your tuner pedal and see what's up. If they are both at G, you need to raise the pitch of your B string until it's at B. If they're both at B you need to lower the pitch of your G string until it's at G Phone Post
2/23/13 4:57 PM
viorage

Jacks Wasted Life - 
viorage -

Changing strings can be a pain in the ass at first. There are lots of good youtube videos that help.

Are your G and B string both tuned to a G or a B? Plug into your tuner pedal and see what's up. If they are both at G, you need to raise the pitch of your B string until it's at B. If they're both at B you need to lower the pitch of your G string until it's at G Phone Post

they are both a B.  Okay im going to lower the pitch of the G and see if that works.  Thanks

2/23/13 5:15 PM
viorage

okay I fixed the strat.  LMAO at my tuning at first I had that thing all fucked up.  I also think I cut the strings to short they only have about 2-3 wraps around the peg.

2/23/13 5:16 PM
viorage

seanster that sounds great dude.  Keep us updated  as you progress.  You are already 50x better on that thing than I am on the guitar. 

2/23/13 7:13 PM
sewich
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHIxxH7_g9U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

1300bpm on guitar. Seems legit but looks fake. Not really musical since he plays flight if the bumblebee in 10 seconds but I couldn't imagine the focus it would take. Phone Post
2/23/13 7:23 PM
sewich
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage -

okay I fixed the strat.  LMAO at my tuning at first I had that thing all fucked up.  I also think I cut the strings to short they only have about 2-3 wraps around the peg.

When I string I use the 4 finger method . Place your hand vertical at the 12th fret like you are trying to karate chop it and run the string over your 4 stacked fingers to give you a good amount of string. Also "tie" your string to the post to lock it down , video shows what I mean by the tie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae7HsWFRdYY&feature=youtube_gdata_player Phone Post
2/24/13 7:07 PM
nogidavid
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage - 

only cut off the string excess once the guitar is in tune and you've stretched the strings out

2/24/13 7:16 PM
angryinch
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You guys are doing way too much work to string your guitars.   Here is the proper way to do it. 

2/24/13 7:48 PM
sewich

angryinch -

You guys are doing way too much work to string your guitars.   Here is the proper way to do it. 

Yeah the tie I told takes a whole extra 2 seconds per string to do. Phone Post
2/24/13 7:53 PM
angryinch

sewich - 
angryinch -

Yeah the tie I told takes a whole extra 2 seconds per string to do. Phone Post

still too much of a pain in the ass.  I've been playing for over 20 years and used to do the tie thing and every single time I'd restring a guitar I would always forget which way to loop the string around to tie it right.  I know it's partially because I'm retarded but aside from that, it's also a pain in the ass to do it that way. 

The way in the vid I posted is 10000% easier and better.  

2/24/13 7:56 PM
nogidavid
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tie method sucks

2/26/13 8:58 AM
viorage

I have those tuning pegs with the hole in the top so I haven't seen the tie vid but I don't think I can do that.

It's when the first loop goes under the string and the second loop goes over correct? Or is it vice versa? Phone Post
2/26/13 9:08 AM
angryinch

viorage -  I have those tuning pegs with the hole in the top so I haven't seen the tie vid but I don't think I can do that.

It's when the first loop goes under the string and the second loop goes over correct? Or is it vice versa? Phone Post

that's why the tie method sucks.  Unless you're constantly changing your strings, you will likely forget which way to loop the string every time you go to restring.  I restring mine every couple of months and even though I've been playing for 20+ years, I still forget which way to loop it.  

The method in the vid I posted eliminates that.  Not to mention, that method also works great with Fender style split tuning pegs like yours.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.