UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> I bought the Guitar

2/26/13 10:02 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ryan Wood
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

An update on my never ending quest to not suck at guitar:

http://youtu.be/Jc7hpF29znw

As you can see, the quest isn't going so well lol
2/26/13 10:38 PM
Paperboy2000
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan, you're talking like those girls that feel ugly when they look at the pictures in Vogue. Sounds good, keep having fun.

Mental, good stuff in the vid on the other page, like your tone and video production, lol.

angryinch, do you have a vid of a performance or something? Would be interested to see/hear.
2/27/13 2:20 PM
viorage
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Wood - An update on my never ending quest to not suck at guitar:

I don't think I'll ever be good with out a professional teaching me. I recently lost all my money and found out I owe over 100k, just when I thought I was getting ahead. So I can't go take lessons now.

Whatever though ill keep plugging away, hopefully I am getting better and just don't realize it Phone Post
2/27/13 11:03 PM
JoeBunn
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage -

I don't think I'll ever be good with out a professional teaching me. I recently lost all my money and found out I owe over 100k, just when I thought I was getting ahead. So I can't go take lessons now.

Whatever though ill keep plugging away, hopefully I am getting better and just don't realize it Phone Post
Alright, I kind of shied away from this thread at first but here is my input.

You don't need an instructor. All you need is a goal. Just set your goal at learning a couple of good songs.

This might sound stupid but Michael Jackson is great for this because the great rhythmic figures.

Learn a tune. Use tabs and what not, just to get you to know the tune by heart.

Once you can play it without mistake from top to bottom, then the real challenge comes.

Learn the tune so well you feel it in yourself. You really have to know and feel the tune so it comes natural to play it.

Be able to dance or whatever while you play it. It will make a huge difference in your playing.

Meditate on sections you find difficult. Work on phrasing. Slides, bends and vibrato. These are the most important parts.

Hopefully this helps.

Just my 2 cents Phone Post
2/27/13 11:21 PM
Invisible Lats Syndrome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage - 

How much of that $100k is owed to the Guitar Center?
2/28/13 4:45 AM
MrFluffyHippo
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage -

Wtf? What happened man? Phone Post
2/28/13 5:40 AM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watch me finger a minor.
viorage - 

wtf? 

2/28/13 9:41 PM
sewich
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sucks man, hopefully things work out for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF8AO30sEsI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here's a video for a simple hand strengthing exersise. I also practice scales, arpeggios and basic chromatic patterns with a rubber band on my 4 fretting fingers(have the bands placed in the crease of your knuckle closest to your palm if that makes sense). It helps keep your fingers from flying off the fretboard like a lot of new and experienced players do, less is more when it comes to finger movement, and builds strength in your hand. Start with 1 and keep adding bands as you get stronger. Probably the cheapest and simplest thing you can do to improve your playing. Phone Post
3/1/13 10:51 PM
viorage
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrFluffyHippo -
viorage -

Wtf? What happened man? Phone Post
Long story my wife went on vacation a few years ago and left me with all the bills including the house. I paid all the other bills off and figured a foreclosure is better than a bankruptcy.

Well I'll hire a lawyer next time. They left the 20% on the 80-20 loan. I don't know what to do.

So I'll just play my guitar and hope it goes away Phone Post
3/1/13 10:53 PM
viorage

sewich - That sucks man, hopefully things work out for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF8AO30sEsI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here's a video for a simple hand strengthing exersise. I also practice scales, arpeggios and basic chromatic patterns with a rubber band on my 4 fretting fingers(have the bands placed in the crease of your knuckle closest to your palm if that makes sense). It helps keep your fingers from flying off the fretboard like a lot of new and experienced players do, less is more when it comes to finger movement, and builds strength in your hand. Start with 1 and keep adding bands as you get stronger. Probably the cheapest and simplest thing you can do to improve your playing. Phone Post
Ill try that. I have to learn. I just have to, it calms me down and especially relieves my anxiety. Phone Post
3/1/13 10:54 PM
viorage

Invisible Lats Syndrome -
viorage - 

How much of that $100k is owed to the Guitar Center?
$0.00 I won't even buy the shit I need to fix my amp Phone Post
3/1/13 10:55 PM
viorage

Mental. Please I'm begging a pantera tribute!!! Please Phone Post
3/1/13 10:56 PM
viorage

^^^ this love Phone Post
3/3/13 11:12 AM
viorage

can someone help me out real quick.  Are the tubes wired in a series in the amps?  So basically Im wondering if one tube goes out will the amp not work? 

That is what I am assuming?

3/3/13 12:44 PM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thrash Athletics, CEO
Nooo Phone Post
3/3/13 1:31 PM
Jacks Wasted Life
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just picked up a used Fender American Standard HSS Strat in Sienna Sunburst yesterday. Thing is mint and came with the Fender hardshell case for $720. I've been keeping an eye out for one and they don't pop up often in my area so I couldn't pass it up. Phone Post
3/3/13 2:43 PM
viorage

Jacks Wasted Life -  I just picked up a used Fender American Standard HSS Strat in Sienna Sunburst yesterday. Thing is mint and came with the Fender hardshell case for $720. I've been keeping an eye out for one and they don't pop up often in my area so I couldn't pass it up. Phone Post

pics please?

3/3/13 2:44 PM
viorage

MentaL -  Nooo Phone Post

fine i'll quit bothering you about it.

3/3/13 7:23 PM
Jacks Wasted Life
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage -
Jacks Wasted Life -  I just picked up a used Fender American Standard HSS Strat in Sienna Sunburst yesterday. Thing is mint and came with the Fender hardshell case for $720. I've been keeping an eye out for one and they don't pop up often in my area so I couldn't pass it up. Phone Post

pics please?

I've never posted pics, how do you do it? Can I send the pic to you through mma.com message? Phone Post
3/14/13 5:01 PM
Ryan Wood
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://youtu.be/SHop7wzNr6s

Guerilla Radio by Rage Against The Machine cover from earlier today \m/
3/14/13 5:14 PM
MrFluffyHippo
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My latest guitar. Got it off eBay for $100 with a broken headstock and missing laminate on head. Repaired it and repainted and buffed the body and polished all the chrome. It's at a shop now to get two small pieces of binding replaced around headstock and string nut put on. Should only have about $200-$250 invested. . Phone Post
3/14/13 8:05 PM
sewich
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking for a good acoustic, looking for a parlor sized one and a thinner neck since I have stubby fingers. Dont want to go over a grand. Was looking at a martin 00012 on musicians friend. Anyone got any good recommendations. Phone Post
3/14/13 11:43 PM
viorage

Jacks Wasted Life - 
viorage -

pics please?

I've never posted pics, how do you do it? Can I send the pic to you through mma.com message? Phone Post

yeah try that, ill try to host it

3/14/13 11:59 PM
viorage

Ryan Wood - http://youtu.be/SHop7wzNr6s

Guerilla Radio by Rage Against The Machine cover from earlier today \m/

badass dude

3/15/13 12:01 AM
viorage

^what pedals are you using

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.