UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> I bought the Guitar

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

3/14/13 11:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
viorage
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jacks Wasted Life - 
viorage -
Jacks Wasted Life -  I just picked up a used Fender American Standard HSS Strat in Sienna Sunburst yesterday. Thing is mint and came with the Fender hardshell case for $720. I've been keeping an eye out for one and they don't pop up often in my area so I couldn't pass it up. Phone Post

pics please?

I've never posted pics, how do you do it? Can I send the pic to you through mma.com message? Phone Post

yeah try that, ill try to host it

3/14/13 11:59 PM
viorage
397 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Wood - http://youtu.be/SHop7wzNr6s

Guerilla Radio by Rage Against The Machine cover from earlier today \m/

badass dude

3/15/13 12:01 AM
viorage

^what pedals are you using

3/15/13 12:03 AM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

By far, the best guitar sesh I've ever had was played on this guitar using a Line 6 Spider 4

3/15/13 12:05 AM
viorage

yellow wrkahlc - 

By far, the best guitar sesh I've ever had was played on this guitar using a Line 6 Spider 4

I hated my line 6 my new amp is awesome other than the fact I blew it up my first day having it

3/15/13 12:07 AM
yellow wrkahlc
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage, i need a new amp, mocha pissed on mine while I was in Fort Worth.

I need something under $300, but quality.

3/15/13 10:24 AM
viorage

yellow wrkahlc - 

wait a sec, do you know me?  Are you talking about the Moaka I work with?  I really like my blues Jr III.  You should be able to find one for $300 used im sure.  Let me look around for a second and see what I can find

3/15/13 10:32 AM
viorage

yellow wrkahlc - 

http://www.guitarcenter.com/In-Store-Used-USED-FENDER-BLUE-JUNIOR-15W-1x12-108781260-i3031818.gc

3/15/13 11:26 AM
Ryan Wood
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage - 

badass dude

Thanks man!

I'm using custom patches a multi-effects unit called the RP350 by Digitech.

At the start of the song I'm using a tremolo effect, during the verses I'm hitting muted strings while rocking a wah pedal back and forth for that "wakka wakka" sound. The guitar solo is a pitch shift effect that makes whatever note I play sound one octave higher.
3/15/13 3:39 PM
viorage

Ryan Wood - 
viorage - 

badass dude

Thanks man!

I'm using custom patches a multi-effects unit called the RP350 by Digitech.

At the start of the song I'm using a tremolo effect, during the verses I'm hitting muted strings while rocking a wah pedal back and forth for that "wakka wakka" sound. The guitar solo is a pitch shift effect that makes whatever note I play sound one octave higher.

im gonna have to try to learn that wakka wakka sound.  Time to break out the pedal board.  Havent used it in a while.

3/15/13 5:37 PM
Dajuisher
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just got this the other day on accident. Was killing traffic time in a used shop, and couldn't walk out without it.

Phone Post
3/15/13 6:11 PM
viorage

Dajuisher -  I just got this the other day on accident. Was killing traffic time in a used shop, and couldn't walk out without it.

Phone Post

that thing is beautiful

3/16/13 12:45 PM
viorage

thanks to rocksmith I just discovered a pretty badass band.

Probably old news but here you go

The Dead Weather:

3/16/13 12:47 PM
viorage

its got Jack White, and a mix of the raconteurs and queens of the stone age dudes I think.

Reminds me of the good old heroin music of back in the day.

3/16/13 12:51 PM
viorage

Dead sara

Im kinda digging this as well

3/16/13 1:05 PM
sewich
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage -

The Dead Weather:

Lol i was playing that song on rocksmith last night. Phone Post
3/16/13 1:29 PM
viorage

sewich - 
viorage -

The Dead Weather:

i cant play the damn palm mutes and hormonics worth a shit.  I have no idea what im doing wrong.  its pissing me off

3/16/13 1:42 PM
Mako_
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah that's a fun song to play on Rocksmith.

I've been playing wish you were here by incubus, another fun one to play.

Viorage, try some of the skill building exercises in rocksmith for that song. You can learn it slowly that way and build up to speed.
3/16/13 2:09 PM
viorage

Mako_ - Yeah that's a fun song to play on Rocksmith.

I've been playing wish you were here by incubus, another fun one to play.

Viorage, try some of the skill building exercises in rocksmith for that song. You can learn it slowly that way and build up to speed.

yeah I have been playing mostly the technique section.  For somereason the palm mutes never work and the damn tremolo.  I really dont know what im doing wrong.  Practice makes perfect though.  I'll get it.  This game really does help out learning a lot.

I can jump around the fretboard pretty damn good now.  A lot of the time without looking. 

3/16/13 2:24 PM
sewich
106 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage -
sewich - 
viorage -

The Dead Weather:

i cant play the damn palm mutes and hormonics worth a shit.  I have no idea what im doing wrong.  its pissing me off

Screen lag may be causing you to get the missed palm mute. Try Playing more with the beat of the song than the actual on screen timing. Phone Post
3/16/13 2:25 PM
sewich

Also the ducks mini game is the best game ever. Phone Post
3/16/13 4:16 PM
viorage

sewich -  Also the ducks mini game is the best game ever. Phone Post

i like the baseball as well

3/16/13 4:52 PM
snakepitz
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I sold so many guitars over the years. I am thankful I kept this one. 1988 Jackson Soloist (Ontario). Bought it in 88 as well

Just amazing...

3/16/13 4:53 PM
MentaL
529 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thrash Athletics, CEO

my next guitar, going to set me back around $1500 . its a lovely 7 string strat style. 

3/16/13 7:26 PM
sewich

Now they have 8 string guitars and it just feels so spinal tap. Yeah man my amp goes to 11 which is 1 louder and my guitar has 8 strings. I can see the usefullness if 7 string guitars but 8 strings just seem very novelty. Phone Post

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.