UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> I bought the Guitar

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/23/12 4:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MrFluffyHippo
2626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I gotta say viorage, I'm gonna start playing more because of this thread. Thanks a million and hope ur havin a blast! Phone Post
11/23/12 4:15 PM
glass neck
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i can rip seasons in the abyss acoustic

true story
11/23/12 5:04 PM
viorage
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Racer X - 

I set up and repair guitars for a living. I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding set up of your guitar.

I just brought it in about an hour ago to lower the action and get it restrung, but I would like to learn, eventually how to restring and tune it myself.  Ill definately hit you up

11/23/12 5:05 PM
viorage
388 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

im voting you guys up as much as I can, I feel like im ahead of the game for having a guitar for only two days

11/23/12 5:13 PM
Siboroni
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably been said already but I'm getting a copy of rocksmith xb360.

Been playing for 2-3 years mainly classical but being able to play a song I really enjoy all the way through will be great Phone Post
11/23/12 5:22 PM
sewich
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All this talk about buying guitars made me go buy a new one today. Jackson soloist, through body neck and emg 81/85 pickups. This neck feels like its made of butter its so slick and these emg pickups are insane. I might as well put my other girls in their cases cause I don't see myself putting this bitch down for awhile. Phone Post
11/23/12 5:29 PM
viorage

sewich -  All this talk about buying guitars made me go buy a new one today. Jackson soloist, through body neck and emg 81/85 pickups. This neck feels like its made of butter its so slick and these emg pickups are insane. I might as well put my other girls in their cases cause I don't see myself putting this bitch down for awhile. Phone Post

pics?

11/23/12 5:39 PM
KneeToFaceKO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats on your JV Strat. Remember, there are 12 notes and put them in whatever order that sounds good to YOU.
11/23/12 5:39 PM
KneeToFaceKO

Congrats on your JV Strat. Remember, there are 12 notes and put them in whatever order that sounds good to YOU.
11/23/12 5:52 PM
sewich
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

viorage -
sewich -  All this talk about buying guitars made me go buy a new one today. Jackson soloist, through body neck and emg 81/85 pickups. This neck feels like its made of butter its so slick and these emg pickups are insane. I might as well put my other girls in their cases cause I don't see myself putting this bitch down for awhile. Phone Post

pics?

Just what I. have on my phone and have no clue on how I would post them.
I don't own a computer to upload them to. Phone Post
11/23/12 6:00 PM
viorage

sewich - 
viorage -

pics?

Just what I. have on my phone and have no clue on how I would post them.
I don't own a computer to upload them to. Phone Post

ill PM you my number then text them to me and Ill post em for ya.

11/23/12 6:01 PM
viorage

Racer X - 

I set up and repair guitars for a living. I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding set up of your guitar.

how often should you change out your strings,  Lets say you play an hour a day.

11/23/12 6:20 PM
viorage

nogidavid -

Og's ultimate guitar Phone Post
11/23/12 6:24 PM
MrFluffyHippo
2626 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holy shit. I need a wangcaster!! Phone Post
11/23/12 6:30 PM
angryinch

viorage - 
Racer X - 

it varies.  I don't play that much during the week but my band plays between 4 and 8 four hour gigs every month. I can go as long as 2 or 3 months without changing them.  On the other hand, my band's other guitar player breaks strings left and right and he changes them a lot more often.  

11/23/12 6:31 PM
angryinch

MrFluffyHippo -  Holy shit. I need a wangcaster!! Phone Post

fuck that. I'm not going on stage playing something that looks like a giant dong.  But I would play a vag-caster if they made one.  

11/23/12 7:48 PM
Stache
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How hard would it be to play this? The second half obviously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm7EeuWnc-8

I'm not a big metal head but Metallica did such an awesome rendition of one of my favourite compositions of all time. It would be cool to play that one day.
11/23/12 7:58 PM
sewich

Stache - How hard would it be to play this? The second half obviously.

I'm not a big metal head but Metallica did such an awesome rendition of one of my favourite compositions of all time. It would be cool to play that one day.
God I hate Hammett's use of a wah.
Its really doesn't sound all that complicated, the wah makes it sound like there is more going on than there is. Phone Post
11/23/12 7:59 PM
sewich

nogidavid -

I would customize that with a hose that shoots out milk onto the audience. Phone Post
11/23/12 8:07 PM
sewich

viorage -
Racer X - 

It all depends, if you wash your hands before you play and wipe them down after, humidity, how hard to strike the strings.
You will know when they need to be changed, your fingers won't slide as easily , the sound will be different. Being newb you will probably be breaking high E strings for awhile so that would e a good time to change the rest.
Being that you have a tremolo bridge(the thing your strings attached to on the guitar body) don't remove all the strings at once, replace 1 at a time. Phone Post
11/23/12 8:12 PM
Stache
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sewich - 
Stache - How hard would it be to play this? The second half obviously.

God I hate Hammett's use of a wah.
Its really doesn't sound all that complicated, the wah makes it sound like there is more going on than there is. Phone Post

No shit? Interesting.

Is the wah what creates the weeping sound?
11/23/12 8:43 PM
MrFluffyHippo

If I play over 30 min I wipe my strings down afterwards. Get much longer use out of them. And yea the wah pedal makes the wheeping or wah sounds. Phone Post
11/23/12 8:47 PM
Stache

Thanks. I guess that makes sense.
11/23/12 8:53 PM
jkennedy
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrFluffyHippo - If I play over 30 min I wipe my strings down afterwards. Get much longer use out of them. And yea the wah pedal makes the wheeping or wah sounds. Phone Post
Jeebus. Seriously? I'm super anal when I pick up the Tele but other than that I don't worry too much. Phone Post
11/23/12 9:13 PM
100kgkilla

Sweet guitar!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.