UnderGround Forums

OtherGround Forums >> I bought the Guitar

11/23/12 8:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks. I guess that makes sense.
11/23/12 8:53 PM
jkennedy
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrFluffyHippo - If I play over 30 min I wipe my strings down afterwards. Get much longer use out of them. And yea the wah pedal makes the wheeping or wah sounds. Phone Post
Jeebus. Seriously? I'm super anal when I pick up the Tele but other than that I don't worry too much. Phone Post
11/23/12 9:13 PM
100kgkilla
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet guitar!
11/23/12 9:27 PM
MrFluffyHippo
1593 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jkennedy -
MrFluffyHippo - If I play over 30 min I wipe my strings down afterwards. Get much longer use out of them. And yea the wah pedal makes the wheeping or wah sounds. Phone Post
Jeebus. Seriously? I'm super anal when I pick up the Tele but other than that I don't worry too much. Phone Post
Not with a cleaner or anything, just a dry rag Phone Post
11/23/12 9:31 PM
viorage
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sewich - 
viorage -
Racer X - 

I set up and repair guitars for a living. I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding set up of your guitar.

how often should you change out your strings,  Lets say you play an hour a day.

It all depends, if you wash your hands before you play and wipe them down after, humidity, how hard to strike the strings.
You will know when they need to be changed, your fingers won't slide as easily , the sound will be different. Being newb you will probably be breaking high E strings for awhile so that would e a good time to change the rest.
Being that you have a tremolo bridge(the thing your strings attached to on the guitar body) don't remove all the strings at once, replace 1 at a time. Phone Post

what do you wipe them down with?

11/23/12 9:31 PM
viorage
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

100kgkilla - Sweet guitar!

thanks man.

11/23/12 9:44 PM
sewich
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just a cotton washcloth to remove any moisture . Phone Post
11/23/12 10:14 PM
DonkeyKick215
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read 5 pages of this thread and want to add for you to pay 30 bucks and get the guitar set up by a pro.

Ask around locally and get someone experienced

I would also reccomend to get a rectangle of wood and put it behind the bridge to deck the bridge. You will effectively make a hardtail but a beginner needs for a guitar to be in tune

Congrats on a great guitar. The deluxe models are the upper end of the MIM guitars. Find people to jam with ASAP

If you are in New Mexico I will hook you up with a free lesson.
11/23/12 10:18 PM
jkennedy
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MrFluffyHippo -
jkennedy -
Not with a cleaner or anything, just a dry rag Phone Post
So I should wipe down my strings before I play? Phone Post
11/23/12 10:27 PM
invalid
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't. I can't imagine how that would extend the life out of strings that aren't that expensive to begin with.

I just add some Honey and clean my fretboard every so often
11/24/12 12:54 AM
Mortal
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/12 12:54 AM
I usually just wait until my fingers start to smell metalic and then I know the strings need to be changed.
11/24/12 1:12 AM
THE DEAN
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/12 1:13 AM

The is mine...I've always loved the sound of the telecaster.

American Standard Tele. It's probably about 15 years old now.

11/24/12 1:26 AM
The Blizz
317 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Racer X -

I set up and repair guitars for a living. I'd be happy to answer any questions regarding set up of your guitar.

... PAUL GILBERT POSTS ON THE OG?! Phone Post
11/24/12 1:43 AM
iclimb513
238 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

johnonguitar7 - 
Johan Von Brügermëister - Throw out that line 6 peice of garbage and get a real amp with tubes and shit Phone Post
Don't do this. It won't help you at the moment.

You have everything you need and much much much more.

Trust in your equipment. It's fine. It's you that sucks :) Phone Post

So true. When I was learning to play in college, I got carried away and way overspent on my first guitar. I was terrible of course and thought "maybe a better guitar would help". Then I saw the guitar player for a really good local band play the shit out of a HONDO brand guitar (retail value, about $50) at a house party and it sounded fantastic.

11/24/12 10:23 AM
Extendo
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try not to get as frustrated as this fellow on your journey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vms_6_TSQuc Phone Post
11/24/12 11:14 AM
Stache
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LMAO!!! That guy ^ is AWESOME!!
11/24/12 11:17 AM
invalid
222 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL
11/24/12 11:33 AM
TheHaunted2
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Extendo - Try not to get as frustrated as this fellow on your journey.

Haha had me rolling Phone Post
11/24/12 11:44 AM
viorage

DonkeyKick215 - I read 5 pages of this thread and want to add for you to pay 30 bucks and get the guitar set up by a pro.

Ask around locally and get someone experienced

I would also reccomend to get a rectangle of wood and put it behind the bridge to deck the bridge. You will effectively make a hardtail but a beginner needs for a guitar to be in tune

Congrats on a great guitar. The deluxe models are the upper end of the MIM guitars. Find people to jam with ASAP

If you are in New Mexico I will hook you up with a free lesson.
I just had it set up yesterday. :) Phone Post
11/24/12 11:45 AM
viorage

Extendo - Try not to get as frustrated as this fellow on your journey.

Great heading to the computer now Phone Post
11/24/12 11:48 AM
Lahzerous
268 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Extendo -  Try not to get as frustrated as this fellow on your journey.

Holy fuck! Buahahahah!

11/24/12 11:54 AM
viorage

holy fuck my cheecks hurt

11/24/12 12:28 PM
BenBJJ
265 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How About this one:

Get. .fucked
11/24/12 12:42 PM
viorage

BenBJJ - How About this one:

Get. .fucked

??

11/24/12 12:45 PM
Retired Douchebag
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow so many guitarists on this board. This advice is almost like asking for fitness goals, dieting tips, or how to fuck women. Every one knows everything about everything! I wonder if any guitar players would step up if I posted up an OG guitar challenge?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.