UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bisping Not Happy with Silva

11/22/12 3:42 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kevsh
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Apparently the Brit is none too pleased that Anderson is either taking a year off ... or fighting GSP ... or ???

"He's put us all in this position," Bisping said. "It just sucks for the fans that want to see Anderson fight. It sucks for the fighters that want to fight Anderson for his belt, and it sucks for the UFC, as well."

Full Story:
http://mmajunkie.com/news/31753/whatever-ufc-champ-anderson-silva-does-michael-bisping-wants-him-to-get-on-with-it.mma

I concur. What say you Anderson??
11/22/12 3:54 PM
PJ Benn Fan
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping has a point.

I want to know where Silva's honor is in trying to get a fight with a much smaller guy who has never moved up in weight!

IF GSP were to take the silva fight, I would give him much more respect even if he was destroyed than I would ever give Silva for destroying him?

Not that he cares but thats my opinion!

11/22/12 3:56 PM
A bag of ricin
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What ever happens to budo? Phone Post
11/22/12 3:56 PM
A bag of ricin
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Happened* Phone Post
11/22/12 3:58 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think this is how any middleweight contender feels it's just Weidman and Bisping have the balls to say something about it
11/22/12 3:59 PM
TalkShowOnMute
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like Bisping more and more nowadays.
11/22/12 4:01 PM
shorebreaker420
1012 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's fucked up forsure Phone Post
11/22/12 4:04 PM
AK-BJJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping may actually die if he gets his fight with Silva but he's spot on here...
11/22/12 11:33 PM
stonepony

I normally find Bisping to be pretty obnoxious, but, he's got a perfectly legitimate beef here. This isn't SF where Overoids can sit on a belt for 2 years without ever defending it.

Sitting out a year, and maybe taking one fight against a smaller fighter from another division? Bogus.
11/22/12 11:45 PM
WALLSTREET_WRESTLER

I think bisping is a piece of shit

but give the man his TITLE SHOT already

mma is growing nicely in the UK, no need for the ufc to protect him anymore

and its a big money fight for everybody

11/23/12 12:24 AM
JBASS
239 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with what Bisping has said about Silva needing to fight the number one contender, Silva needs to fight Weidman next.

After that, let's talk superfight with GSP
11/23/12 12:25 AM
MahatmaPetey
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WALLSTREET_WRESTLER - I think bisping is a piece of shit

If he beats Vitor he will get it. Phone Post
11/23/12 6:38 AM
dave nagel
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gotta agree with Bisping on this one
11/23/12 7:41 AM
BROTHER WISDOM
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Toyota Cowboy -  Silva is the p4p best ducker in mma! Phone Post

Agreed! The was he ducks under his opponents punches then counters with a ko shot is quite masterful
11/23/12 9:59 AM
inf0
308 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it sucks because we have to listen to him whine all the time.. the fuck is wrong with pippi longstockings

11/23/12 10:26 AM
Teddy KGB
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Atkinson -  No respect for Anderson chasing a fight with a much smaller man in GSP.. If Anderson was really chasing Superfights he should have gone after Bones first then he'd had a legit reason to chase the fight with GSP. But the way he has done it def makes him look like a bitch.

Lost respect for this guy. Phone Post

Im sure Anderson is sitting in his multimillion dollar mansion crying his eyes out that he has lost your respect.

Why would it make sense to fight Jones first? If he beats Jones then there’s no way GSP would ever accept a fight with him plus most people would lose interest in the GSP fight. Makes perfect financial sense to fight and beat GSP in the biggest fight in UFC history which would then sets up the Jones fight to be even bigger.

Plus I like the way that it was ok for GSP to fight BJ twice who was way smaller than GSP. I assume nobody on this forum counts those victories on GSP’s record and that at the time nobody on this site was interested in that fight when it happened. I assume none of you bought the pvp just like you wont if GSP Silva happens.

Reality is that GSP legacy was built partially around the fact he beat BJ twice and BJ’s legacy has been discredited by GSP fans ever since that fight just because he lost to a much bigger fighter.

Good news is the exact same thing will happen to GSP if he accept and losses to Silva. All this p4p/goat talk will be a thing of the past for GSP.
11/23/12 10:41 AM
PJ Benn Fan
223 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Teddy KGB - 
Atkinson -  No respect for Anderson chasing a fight with a much smaller man in GSP.. If Anderson was really chasing Superfights he should have gone after Bones first then he'd had a legit reason to chase the fight with GSP. But the way he has done it def makes him look like a bitch.

Lost respect for this guy. Phone Post

Im sure Anderson is sitting in his multimillion dollar mansion crying his eyes out that he has lost your respect.

Why would it make sense to fight Jones first? If he beats Jones then there’s no way GSP would ever accept a fight with him plus most people would lose interest in the GSP fight. Makes perfect financial sense to fight and beat GSP in the biggest fight in UFC history which would then sets up the Jones fight to be even bigger.

Plus I like the way that it was ok for GSP to fight BJ twice who was way smaller than GSP. I assume nobody on this forum counts those victories on GSP’s record and that at the time nobody on this site was interested in that fight when it happened. I assume none of you bought the pvp just like you wont if GSP Silva happens.

Reality is that GSP legacy was built partially around the fact he beat BJ twice and BJ’s legacy has been discredited by GSP fans ever since that fight just because he lost to a much bigger fighter.

Good news is the exact same thing will happen to GSP if he accept and losses to Silva. All this p4p/goat talk will be a thing of the past for GSP.

There are differences etween the 2 situations you listed.

GSP never dropped down to fight BJ.

It would be the same if say GSP had sometimes fought at 185.

But he hasnt. He always has fought at 170 and he has never said he will or wants to go up in weight.

Like I said I am not a huge GSP fan but the way Silva is really gunning for the GSP fight instead of the Jones fight really makes Silva look less honorable IMO.

And again he doesnt care. And thats fine.

But if this fight goes through and he destroys GSP (which I think is the likely outcome) in 10 -15 years when people are still bringing it up he should not be surprised.

Same with Floyd Mayweather. All the money in the world wont change the fact that many will refuse to recognize him as an all time great if he never fights Manny.

Its the way it goes/

11/23/12 12:04 PM
ufcman187

Bisping is like bad rash. You hate it at 1st but like it or not, it grows on you. I am actually becoming a fan and I have no idea how it happened. He has some good points and I agree. The #1 contender should get the fight. There is a reason we have weight classes. Anderson is so dominate that I have no interest in seeing him fighting someone smaller than him.
11/23/12 12:55 PM
JFC1001
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A good point to make is that it is a business and Anderson is 37 years old. It's solid to think that he wants the fights to maximize the amount of the money can make over the next 2 years and he will retire. I fear Bisping will never face him. GSP super fight, one more MW title defense and then Jon Jones and be would more than likely retire. That's a smart play. Phone Post
11/23/12 1:01 PM
orcus

WALLSTREET_WRESTLER - I think bisping is a piece of shit

Already? He lost one fight ago and his win was a lackluster decision over Stann.

11/23/12 3:16 PM
A bailie

NBKNAS - "Hispeen no hespect nattin! I YOU BREAKA YOU FACEA!! HISPEEN I YOU BREAKA YOU FACEA!!! Phone Post
. Phone Post
11/23/12 5:24 PM
KneeToFaceKO

Blah, blah, blah. Give him the shot, watch him get brutalized and relegated back to permanent gatekeeper status. Meh.
11/24/12 9:35 AM
BshMstr
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i think Bisping is right in this situation as well...

Silva is looking to never defend his title again, and keep taking non-relevant money fights until her retires.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.