UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Far Cry 3

11/22/12 3:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
nrallen
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pre-ordered for delivery next Friday.

Looks awesome!

The only criticism I've read is the multiplayer. Which makes you wonder if it might have received better review scores without it...which is absurd but probably true.
11/22/12 4:11 PM
nrallen

IGN: 9/10

http://youtu.be/jbTVpZaB6Q0

Eurogamer: 10/10

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-21-far-cry-3-review

11/22/12 6:28 PM
orcus

Looks phenomenal.

11/23/12 12:39 AM
Invisible Lats Syndrome

Awesome.

I thought Far Cry 2 was fucking amazing. Sure the checkpoints respawned and were a chore, but just running around the scrub setting fires and killing people was fun and the setting was more interested than WWII, Middle East, Space Marines, etc like 95% of other first person games.
11/23/12 1:02 AM
soreshins
169 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Is it out on Tuesday? I have a couple of games to trade in. Never played far cry but this looks very very good so might use them for this Phone Post
11/23/12 7:32 AM
The Blizz
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Farcry 2 made my peepee hard. I'm gonna gamefly this at first, then see if it's worth buying. not surprised about the multiplayer seeing as FC2's wasn't anything to write home about. Phone Post
11/23/12 12:21 PM
Yossarian
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks awesome in reviews. If I wasn't in the middle of playing 3 other games right now I'd be all over this Phone Post
11/23/12 5:22 PM
cq_Beven
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hated far cry 2 - I'm glad they heading back to a tropical island like the first one Phone Post
11/23/12 6:02 PM
nrallen

i was hyped for dishonoured but reviews came in slightly more critical than anticipated, so i gave it a miss. never liked the convoluted plot of the assassin's creed games so haven't bothered with that franchise.
11/23/12 6:15 PM
The Blizz
104 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yossarian - Looks awesome in reviews. If I wasn't in the middle of playing 3 other games right now I'd be all over this Phone Post
lol same here. Phone Post
11/23/12 6:43 PM
supersaiyan

Invisible Lats Syndrome - Awesome.

I thought Far Cry 2 was fucking amazing. Sure the checkpoints respawned and were a chore, but just running around the scrub setting fires and killing people was fun and the setting was more interested than WWII, Middle East, Space Marines, etc like 95% of other first person games.

loved it myself n had a blast... not planning on getting it anytime soon but even still..

i hope the mp aspect doesnt take away from a good game...i believe GTA-5 will have mp aspect...personally some games are FINE without adding that mp crap to it such as the GTA series
11/23/12 6:49 PM
supersaiyan

The Blizz - 
Yossarian - Looks awesome in reviews. If I wasn't in the middle of playing 3 other games right now I'd be all over this Phone Post

i swear if get another game i will lose my freaking MIND...

DAMN U GAMEMAKERS!!!
11/23/12 6:57 PM
supersaiyan

nrallen - i was hyped for dishonoured but reviews came in slightly more critical than anticipated, so i gave it a miss. never liked the convoluted plot of the assassin's creed games so haven't bothered with that franchise.

funny i am actually playing both of those games now lol

i think you would like Dishonoured over AC3 imo...not that i am playing either too much right now cuz i keep getting sucked into MASS EFFECT 3 mp too damn much lol

but truth be told AC storylines are definitely convoluted to ridiculous ends to NO end -that is fact.
11/26/12 6:06 PM
nrallen

i think i will get round to dishonoured eventually but expect far cry 3 is going to take up a lot of my gaming time.
11/26/12 8:05 PM
omgjoshjames
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really excited about far cry 3. I think I'm gonna try to be as stealthy as possible and take everything out with the bow. Something about being able to hunt sharks with a bow just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Phone Post
11/26/12 8:33 PM
orcus

Only concern about Far Cry 3 is that even though visually it's not all that -- imo it doesn't even look as good as the 6 year old Crysis -- it apparently has very steep system requirements; it's barely getting 30-40fps on GTX 680 systems.

11/27/12 2:33 PM
Brock Lobster
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hated Farcry 2 but ill give this one a try. It really looks like they've stepped it up. THERE IS TOO MANY FUCKING GAMES COMING OUT IN WINTER Phone Post
11/27/12 3:49 PM
I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

supersaiyan -
The Blizz - 

DAMN U GAMEMAKERS!!!
This, i have Halo 4, ps all stars, diablo 3 and league of legends actively being played lol Phone Post
11/27/12 6:49 PM
nrallen

I'm only playing Need for Speed at the moment, excellent fun once you get to grips with the handling and all info constantly appearing on screen.

Friday I happen to have a day off work so I'll be eagerly awaiting delivery.

Orcus, playing on console so no driver concerns or PC issues here...just hoping it runs at a respectable frame rate.
11/27/12 7:14 PM
The Blizz

I_Bungalo_Baboo_Babies -
supersaiyan -
The Blizz - 

DAMN U GAMEMAKERS!!!
This, i have Halo 4, ps all stars, diablo 3 and league of legends actively being played lol Phone Post
mine's Borderlands 2, Halo 4, Sleeping Dogs, & AC3. SOOOO MUUUUCH GAAAAME!! Phone Post
11/27/12 8:32 PM
orcus

nrallen - I'm only playing Need for Speed at the moment, excellent fun once you get to grips with the handling and all info constantly appearing on screen.

Friday I happen to have a day off work so I'll be eagerly awaiting delivery.

Orcus, playing on console so no driver concerns or PC issues here...just hoping it runs at a respectable frame rate.

Framerate looks okay on console, but it looks like the tearing is pretty bad and I can't stand that. I think they tried to claim it was the video capture equipment, but it's in every video from every site, so sounds like b.s.

11/28/12 12:01 AM
supersaiyan

bwahahahahaha @ orcus and his pc blues...

:)

consoles >> pc

j/k
11/29/12 3:15 AM
orcus

Just played for about an hour. Fun as hell and beautiful. Runs great on my 560ti. Using settings a mix of medium to high, honestly raising any of them had no immediate visual effect other than dropping the framerate, so fuck it. It's a beautiful game. The recurve bow rules. Driving around is fun. Seems like there will be lots to do.

Only complaints are that the tutorial stuff takes awhile to trudge through, and the HUD is too obtrusive and too dumbed-down -- every damn thing in the world is marked on your minimap, from treasure chests to ammo to enemies that aren't even in view. And as if that's not bad enough, enemies and animals onscreen are outlined even behind cover or behind a hill or whatever, like Promethean Vision in Halo 4. For some reason there are no options to remove all this Baby's First Game helping stuff.

11/29/12 7:51 AM
Elbeezy1
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus -

Just played for about an hour. Fun as hell and beautiful. Runs great on my 560ti. Using settings a mix of medium to high, honestly raising any of them had no immediate visual effect other than dropping the framerate, so fuck it. It's a beautiful game. The recurve bow rules. Driving around is fun. Seems like there will be lots to do.

Only complaints are that the tutorial stuff takes awhile to trudge through, and the HUD is too obtrusive and too dumbed-down -- every damn thing in the world is marked on your minimap, from treasure chests to ammo to enemies that aren't even in view. And as if that's not bad enough, enemies and animals onscreen are outlined even behind cover or behind a hill or whatever, like Promethean Vision in Halo 4. For some reason there are no options to remove all this Baby's First Game helping stuff.

My thoughts exactly...

NEEDS PROPER SURVIVOR MODE Phone Post
11/29/12 12:25 PM
orcus

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.