UnderGround Forums

BJJGround Forum >> Question re: sleeve choke difficulties

11/22/12 6:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
X_Rated
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Setting up sleeve chokes from top position.. A problem I'm having now is that people are getting hip to it and so move to block my hand from crossing their throat and it becomes a fight. Now there are chokes that I can go to if the ezekiel doesn't work, like various cross chokes paper cutter etc, but I really want the sleeve choke.. Any advice or resources on getting that hand across? Phone Post
11/22/12 7:26 PM
Baroquen Record
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remove the hand before you go Goethe choke or hit it in transition. I like to set them up as someone regains half guard as try try to turn back into me I slip over their neck and choke them from their guard. Phone Post
11/24/12 9:24 AM
shark tank
185 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

put your shoulder into their chin and flatten them out. they will likely fight this. as they are fighting it set up the choke. once you're ready, let them win the cross face battle as you bring the top hand over their throat.

or

set up the choke from the top and start a leg battle so they are distracted with the thought of putting you back into half guard. right when you are ready to slide the top choking hand over, let them win the half guard battle. i think it's far more difficult for them to defend this choke from half than if you mounted. if, for some reason, they don't tap and effectively defend the choke, they will likely open up for other submission (possibly the far side arm bar).
11/24/12 12:23 PM
Muffinho
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if it's arm in, take their back

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.