UnderGround Forums

S&C UnderGround >> Rate my get lean diet and ideas for arvo snack.

11/22/12 11:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meal 1

Half cup of oats with almond milk honey and strawberries.

Meal 2

2 whole eggs with 4 whites on 2 slices of whole meal and half and avocado

Meal 3

chicken beef or turkey with brown rice and broccoli

Meal 4

?????

Meal 5

Chicken fish or beef with a spinach tomato onion and advocado salad

Trying to avoid carbs after lunch. Any ideas for meal 4?? Phone Post
11/23/12 10:04 AM
XmmaAddictX
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Depends on your genetics and how much work you're putting in. also, depends what kind of shape you are currently in.
Me, personally wouldnt get so lean eating oats, two slices of bread, brown rice, and honey daily. thats too much carbs for me to get lean. Phone Post
11/23/12 10:05 AM
XmmaAddictX
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe a low carb protein shake for meal 4? Phone Post
11/23/12 10:47 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/23/12 1:23 PM

you're missing a ton of green leafy veggies. concentrate on that for your "carb" portion and because of high fiber (not to mention all the vitamins you can possibly imagine) you'll feel satiated.

also, keep in mind the functionality of your concurrent work outs. if you're not doing much what's the need of brown rice or bread? 

11/23/12 10:51 AM
XmmaAddictX

Arthur speaks the truth Phone Post
11/23/12 3:01 PM

Training pretty hard.

Weights Monday Wednesday Friday

Jog twice a week for an hour

20km bike ride once a week

Sprint session once a week Phone Post
11/23/12 4:13 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good stuff! so remember to have a meal ~3 hours before trainnig (especially if hard training) and maybe a bit of high water content fruit 30-45 minutes prior and 4:1 carb:protein ratio post work out. 

also, just of note because before i began fasting i used to utilize oats/oat bran/kamut flakes for breakfast all the time, you can go a bit more wild with the morning stuff. add some blueberries, half a banana maybe some nuts? all that stuff will keep you very satiated and won't cause body fat gain. berries of all sorts are usually very low calorically but VERY high in nutrients. in fact, if you do this honey will be not needed.

11/24/12 3:13 PM

ArthurKnoqOut -

good stuff! so remember to have a meal ~3 hours before trainnig (especially if hard training) and maybe a bit of high water content fruit 30-45 minutes prior and 4:1 carb:protein ratio post work out. 

also, just of note because before i began fasting i used to utilize oats/oat bran/kamut flakes for breakfast all the time, you can go a bit more wild with the morning stuff. add some blueberries, half a banana maybe some nuts? all that stuff will keep you very satiated and won't cause body fat gain. berries of all sorts are usually very low calorically but VERY high in nutrients. in fact, if you do this honey will be not needed.

I usually train in the morning. Would the chicken and brown rice suffice as post workout meal? Also would it be a good idea to replace the bread and rice with vegetables on non weights days? Phone Post
11/24/12 3:32 PM
XmmaAddictX

Replacing the rice and bread with green leafy veg on non training days is definately a good idea. Phone Post
11/26/12 11:41 AM
ArthurKnoqOut

OregonChaelClosedDueToBandWagonCrash - 
ArthurKnoqOut -

I usually train in the morning. Would the chicken and brown rice suffice as post workout meal? Also would it be a good idea to replace the bread and rice with vegetables on non weights days? Phone Post

yeah why not? the whole notion of "this is breakfast" "that is lunch" is silly. Yeah of course but you should have grean leafy veggies even on training days. or if you don't want to actually eat them make a big green smoothie and take it with you throughout the day. :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.