UnderGround Forums

GeekGround >> Comic reader on android?

11/23/12 3:26 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bigjon29
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can any of you fellow GGers recommend a good comic reader on android?

I use and love comic zeal on IOS but there doesn't seem to be anything as good for android.I'm using ACV at the moment and I've tried perfect viewer but didn't like that one.

Cheers for any help Phone Post
11/23/12 7:29 AM
YVEL MACHIDA
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ComicCat works wonderfully on my kindle fire Phone Post
11/23/12 7:51 AM
Bigjon29
75 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

YVEL MACHIDA - ComicCat works wonderfully on my kindle fire Phone Post
Thanks ill check it out later Phone Post
11/23/12 6:07 PM
YVEL MACHIDA
375 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bigjon29 -
YVEL MACHIDA - ComicCat works wonderfully on my kindle fire Phone Post
Thanks ill check it out later Phone Post
Any luck? Phone Post
11/24/12 1:03 PM
Bigjon29

Yeah its very good,quick question is there anyway to edit your comic collection and place them into folders with this app?Had a quick look but couldn't see how Phone Post
11/24/12 3:12 PM
SupesUp
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have only been using acv, you didn't like it? Phone Post
11/24/12 3:57 PM
fsshariq
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Perfect Viewer works quite well.

It has a built in feature that catalogs your comics and creates a bookshelf.

11/24/12 6:33 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

Bigjon29 - Yeah its very good,quick question is there anyway to edit your comic collection and place them into folders with this app?Had a quick look but couldn't see how Phone Post
It can be done by transferng folders onto your reader. So instead of just putting the comics in, title the folder "Batman: Night of the Owls" or whatever it is then transfer and all the comics will come up under that category Phone Post
11/24/12 9:17 PM
Bigjon29

YVEL MACHIDA -
Bigjon29 - Yeah its very good,quick question is there anyway to edit your comic collection and place them into folders with this app?Had a quick look but couldn't see how Phone Post
It can be done by transferng folders onto your reader. So instead of just putting the comics in, title the folder "Batman: Night of the Owls" or whatever it is then transfer and all the comics will come up under that category Phone Post
OK cool I'll try that,thanks for the help dude Phone Post
11/24/12 10:10 PM
YVEL MACHIDA

Bigjon29 -
YVEL MACHIDA -
OK cool I'll try that,thanks for the help dude Phone Post
Np Phone Post
11/24/12 10:11 PM
SupesUp
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What am I missing out on just using acv? Phone Post
11/24/12 11:06 PM
fsshariq
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Some of the other apps allow more functionality such as gestures and custom places you can tap for certain action. Perfect viewer like i said has a shelf view. I believe some other apps give you the ability to wirelessly sync your library. ACV is very simple and straight forward, which is a good thing. If you just want to read your comics and can do without the features mentioned above, stick with ACV. 

11/25/12 9:48 AM
bogle1
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mango is a really good app if you are interested in manga comics Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.