UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> How did fighter pay in Pride compare to UFC?

11/29/12 11:05 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Fight! UK Online
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anybody know the most that Rampage got paid by Pride?

12/1/12 5:14 AM
Easytarget
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AZKIEL - I find the "paid in cash" thing hard to believe. Anyone ever try to fly internationally with like $50,000 cash? Am I missing something?

Very possible for some of the smaller purses (under 10k), but I'd be pretty surprised otherwise.

Hendo mentions it in an interview, and so does colemann irc. Stating exactly that, they flew home with a lot of cash.
12/1/12 5:38 AM
StephenLangdown
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Easytarget - 
AZKIEL - I find the "paid in cash" thing hard to believe. Anyone ever try to fly internationally with like $50,000 cash? Am I missing something?

Very possible for some of the smaller purses (under 10k), but I'd be pretty surprised otherwise.

Hendo mentions it in an interview, and so does colemann irc. Stating exactly that, they flew home with a lot of cash.

Would be quite hard, esp if they were doing it all the time. But I guess they found a way. Maybe they split the money with all they corner men and entourage. So they could get it all across.
12/1/12 7:50 AM
time traveling 12er
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chartered jet maybe? I know you can get away with quite a bit on a private jet.

Also on Bobb Sapp ever being legit. Come on. I know a lot of the guys he fought were legit, but this is a country where they sometimes paid people more to lose than to win. Sapp at the time was a major money maker. It's not like he just woke up one day and became this giant baby that would curl up every time someone touched him. I just find it hard to believe someone of that low a skill level ever beat a bunch of legit fighters. I remember watching the first Sapp/Hoost fight wondering wtf Hoost was doing trading with Sapp and standing straight up letting Sapp chuck his mongoloid haymakers at him like that.
12/1/12 8:57 AM
Steve4192
216 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

StephenLangdown - 
Easytarget - 

Would be quite hard, esp if they were doing it all the time. But I guess they found a way. Maybe they split the money with all they corner men and entourage. So they could get it all across.

They split it up with their cornermen and used athletic tape to tape it to their legs rather than carrying it in their luggage.

12/1/12 6:29 PM
theshooter
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I remember hearing that Rickson Graice and Nobuhiko Takada took home fat pay days when they fought at PRIDE's 1 and 4.

I also heard that Nayoa Ogawa vs. Hidehiko Yoshida was a fat pay day for both fighters.

I still miss PRIDE, I still consider to have been the best MMA promotion ever.
12/2/12 12:32 AM
MasterofMartialArts
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JakodaRay -
WatchinMMA -  You guys know that pride has been dead for years right? Lol Phone Post

You know that Pride never die?
He must not. Phone Post
12/2/12 7:49 AM
per
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pride could throw out some huge sums at their top draws, it always seemed strange to me that it was possible with a business model that did not include PPV income. All those millions must have come from ticket sales, the TV deal, advertising and DVD sales. How much did Fuji TV really pay for a pride event?

It is difficult to find info on individual fighter pay in Pride, most of it is forum posters who "heard" something. I recall reading that Fujita made 1.3 million dollars for one of his fights which seems bizarre but the pro wrestlers were always their biggest stars. Rickson Gracie also said they offered him 5 million to fight Sakuraba back in the day.

According to USA today Yoshida and Ogawa made 2 million each for their fight in 2005.
12/6/12 1:53 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMAViking.com
Yuki Kondo is working at a gas station according to the rumors

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.