UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Spong vs Bonjasky moves to March 23

11/23/12 6:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
john joe
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/23/12 6:00 AM
Fighters Only, web monkey

The highly-anticipated showdown between Remy Bonjasky (76-14, 40 KO's) and Tyrone Spong (68-6-1 42 KO's) will now take place on Saturday, March 23 at the Excel Arena in London, England, it was announced today by Glory Sports International (GSI), parent company of the Glory World Series.

The bout had previously been set for February 16 but with Bonjasky being set to participate in the GLORY 4 - TOKYO: GRAND SLAM 16-man mega-tournament on New Year's Eve, it was decided that February would potentially be too soon for him to get back in the ring. He will now have several more weeks to recover from his tournament bouts and get in peak condition for his first-time meeting with Spong.

"Remy was more than happy to take part in the tournament and then fight again in February," explains GLORY Chairman Pierre Andurand. "But this is the first time that he and Spong will have fought and there was such huge interest in the match when we announced it that we decided to move the date and give him some time to rest up. It means that he and Spong will be in peak condition when they face each other."

Marcus Luer, Managing Director of GLORY, added, "The worldwide interest in Spong vs. Bonjasky has been absolutely huge. Within literally minutes of it being announced we were inundated with requests for tickets and broadcast details.

"With this fight being of such magnitude to fans worldwide, we want both fighters to be at their absolute best for this historic first meeting. They now have a few extra weeks to sharpen their weapons for what is expected to be a truly classic encounter."

http://www.fightersonlymag.com/content/news/17597-bonjasky-vs-spong-moves-to-march-23

11/23/12 6:05 AM
Standup29
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am looking forward to this fight. The delay sucks but it makes sense to give Remy time to be at his best.

Thanks!! Phone Post
11/23/12 6:31 AM
Brigham
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't wait for this fight. Phone Post
11/23/12 8:13 AM
TheFlyingGentlemen

War The Flying Gentleman! Phone Post
11/23/12 8:20 AM
Tilla

Holy Shit! I'll be there, for sure.

Any other fights announced?
11/23/12 8:37 AM
GrayKickass
129 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

War Bonjasky! My favourite fighter of all time! Phone Post
11/23/12 8:52 AM
Shogun121
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/23/12 8:52 AM
Great fight but bonjasky is pretty big guy, i wish tyrone could get higher profile kickboxing fights below 205, but theirs not alot of big names at his best weight.

Will be pulling for tyrone.
11/23/12 9:52 AM
The Sauce
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Spong will win as his hands are considerably better, but Remy's a bad dood!! Phone Post
11/23/12 12:14 PM
OnlyTheStrongSurvive
515 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If Remy comes back at a very high level this fight will be great Phone Post
11/23/12 12:38 PM
john joe
333 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only, web monkey
Tilla - Holy Shit! I'll be there, for sure.

Jordan Watson vs Steve Moxon (will be a war)
Liam Harrison vs Mosab Amrani
11/24/12 10:50 PM
The Sauce
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

john joe -
Tilla - Holy Shit! I'll be there, for sure.

Jordan Watson vs Steve Moxon (will be a war)
Liam Harrison vs Mosab Amrani
Bad Company is a bad ass gym! Especially Harrison and Watson, those three fights alone are extremely exciting! Phone Post
11/24/12 10:54 PM
French Fries Malone

Wicked fight. War remy!!! Phone Post
11/24/12 11:33 PM
Toquinho
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was bonjasky not forces to quit due to eye injury and risk of getting blind?

Oh well.. Prob made it worth it..

Interesting matchup.. Hope he remy is in good shape but afraid spong is just too much and be a walk over... That would be disappointing...

Winner of this vs manhoef :) Phone Post
11/24/12 11:38 PM
MolsonMuscles
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brigham -  I can't wait for this fight. Phone Post

This.
11/25/12 12:37 AM
Toquinho
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read remy fought braddock recently.. Was he as good as the old remy? Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.