UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey likely to main event UFC PPV

11/23/12 1:20 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hungry4Stink
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems to me that the UFC is hoping this will generate a buzz outside of the usual MMA press. ESPN could really become interested and it could get coverage on mainstream news outlets. Might turn out to be a shrewd marketing move and reignite some interest in the UFC among the general public.
11/23/12 1:25 PM
Delorian
339 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Watch Honda get head kicked KTFO too, that'd be a funny! Phone Post
11/23/12 1:27 PM
StruggleSnuggles
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless its against Cyborg or a completely stacked card... This is one card I'll pass on Phone Post
11/23/12 1:56 PM
whoabro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ronda can headline this PPV for sure (remember the kind of ratings Gina drew, and Ronda has way more mainstream press than Gina did), but i'm not sure how sustainable that will be.
11/23/12 2:56 PM
BaraoKix

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 
BaraoKix - 
Not paying $55.00 to watch her armbar her opponent in less than 2 mins...

Im happy that shes in the UFC, they should put her on a card with another title fight as the main event.

She would make for a great Co-main...

People used to pay for Mike Tyson fights, just to see him K.O his opponent in 30 seconds. That was part of the appeal. I feel the same about Honda. I wanna see her armbar her next opponent. Hell, I hope she wins all of her fights by armbar and retires undefeated. Hickson style.

I was 1 of those people, if you dont know the difference between Mike Tyson of the late 80s and Ronda of now, youre in a heap of trouble...
11/23/12 3:02 PM
StruggleSnuggles
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

whoabro - Ronda can headline this PPV for sure (remember the kind of ratings Gina drew, and Ronda has way more mainstream press than Gina did), but i'm not sure how sustainable that will be.
Gina drew ratings on TV that didn't cost $44.95 to buy... There's a huge difference not to mention she was on American Gladiators!!! Phone Post
11/23/12 3:10 PM
Malagant
120 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Although it probably wont happen unless she faces cyborg, If she gets one punched or loses embarrassingly in her first match... Whole division wiped out of UFC. Seems like Dana put all his eggs in one basket for the woman's division.
11/23/12 3:15 PM
Bam57Bam
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

victorpoprock - Wtf is the matter with you guys saying you will never buy a ppv with a woman's fight? Are you even fans?

I've seen some great fucking fights between women. How could you not want to see Ronda fight in the UFC? Phone Post
A ppv main event should not be between two women. It should be two of the top male fighters in the world.

Although even that hasn't been a priority for the UFC lately. Phone Post
11/23/12 3:17 PM
Il Duce
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was at UFC on Fox 4 at Staples in LA, and when Ronda's face was up on the big screens, the place went nuts. More cheers for Ronda than 90% of all other fighters, possibly even the most.
I think all the doubters will be disappointed when she's more popular than Cruz or Aldo. Phone Post
11/23/12 3:20 PM
Soup and Beer
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would pay for a Rousy main event. Long before I'd pay to see that disasterous flyweight division they came up with. It's like watching two 4 year olds slap fight. Unbelievably bad. I will not waste my time nor my money on that crap again. Phone Post
11/23/12 3:23 PM
Il Duce
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^And I am not a Ronda fan. Phone Post
11/23/12 3:24 PM
MainelyBJJ
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man some of u dudes need to take a step out of the cave?

Lots of knuckle dragging going on in this thread!!

11/23/12 3:28 PM
Flexo
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hope that cards stacked Phone Post
11/23/12 3:29 PM
smth416
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

time traveling 12er -
smth416 -  Lol at Dana White. Does he ever stick to his word anymore?

And he should check out the thread here where over half of the UFCs biggest fans say they won't pay for that PPV Phone Post

Lol, what are you 8 years old? Only an idiot sticks to their guns after circumstances change.
You know what I mean twat waffle and i understand Ronda is a game changer for WMMA.

But headlining a fucking 60 dollar ppv is laughable at this point.

Zuffa has gotten greedy and the only circumstance that changed is there may be money to be made. Dana always said the division was too thin for the UFC and that hasn't changed. Phone Post
11/23/12 6:03 PM
TheComedian

This should be hilarious. Can't wait for their 140k ppv buys on this one.

I'll make you a bet right now: whatever card they put her as the main event on they put as the co-main event one of their most popular fighters just so people buy the PPV. Mark my words!!!!!
11/23/12 6:06 PM
Kenso
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I won't buy the card and the UFC won't care either. Now, how is it that they say Rhonda is a big draw?
11/23/12 6:40 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Unless it's against Cyborg, this one won't do a buy rate even as good as Barao-Faber.

Remember when $kala melted down as Kimbo was being beaten by Petruzelli?

We will enjoy this scene as Dana does the same when his chick gets beaten.

If Dana were giving women a shot in the UFC, I'd toss Susan B. Anthony off the coin in favor of BLAF and tell Susan B. Komen to create a new ribbon for those women who support breast cancer awareness and believe Dana is awesome.

But it's not so.

Dana isn't giving women a shot.

He is pushing Rousey so hard there would be a Dana White footprint on her ass like Bigfoot Silva's back tattoo if ever she did another ESPN the body issue.

Rousey is talented but you cannot force her on the public and expect them to react like she is Brock Lesnar in female form because she talks smack and looks more fuckable than average female fighters.

It is disingenuous and it will be pleasing when she loses just to give Dana his $kala moment or Fedor " :) " tweet comeuppance. Phone Post
11/23/12 6:55 PM
chris curry
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If she does headline it will be a stacked card with an additional title fight. No way does Honda pull the ppv numbers ufc wants being the only title fight. Personally I think it will do crap numbers
11/23/12 7:07 PM
Stu Cazzo
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have to see every Rousey fight - her skills are on a different level - that's what I pay to see.

11/23/12 7:20 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

FlaccidJoe Isn't Elite - 
victorpoprock -  Wtf is the matter with you guys saying you will never buy a ppv with a woman's fight? Are you even fans?

I've seen some great fucking fights between women. How could you not want to see Ronda fight in the UFC? Phone Post

Yes, I'm a huge fan, but a WMMA fight should never headline a UFC PPV card. That's a fact. If they want to use it to headline the undercard on FX or a Fuel TV card, more power to them, but it automatically takes a Pay per view down a view notches.

"That's a fact" because an internet poster says so....lol

11/23/12 7:31 PM
Stu Cazzo
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gina Carano is kicking ass - Dana doesn't know what he's doing....he's missing out - SF is better than the UFC

Rousey signs with the UFC - Dana must be getting blowjobs....I'm not going to watch (lie)

This place is weird....

11/23/12 8:03 PM
FCFBlazer
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd pay money to watch Rowdy fight. Phone Post
11/23/12 10:57 PM
omlet de fromage

Fuck man. I miss ufc on spike and not this fox crap changing the whole spirit of it. Phone Post
11/23/12 11:09 PM
Woodford Mike
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG! - Unless that card is fucking stacked to the gills.....would not buy. Phone Post
Ditto Phone Post
11/23/12 11:42 PM
Authority Figure

Reality

• More than enough WMMA fans to pick up the slack.
  • This isn't much different than all the outcry about MMA in general years ago.
  • Years from now people that oppose WMMA will see like dinosaurs. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.