UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rousey likely to main event UFC PPV

11/24/12 1:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Never going to happen people
11/24/12 1:36 AM
Mexican Janitor
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

FlaccidJoe Isn't Elite - There's one PPV that I won't buy.
Lawl. I can only imagine the reaction of a packed bar when WMMA comes on a UFC ppv Phone Post
11/24/12 3:10 AM
JimmersonzGlove
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT

11/24/12 5:06 AM
pickula
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/12 5:07 AM
"Sorry, but I feel it would be disrespectful to the fighters who have paid their dues. "

She's trained judo since she was a kid, won lots of titles, won an Olympic medal, won all her amateur fights and is 6-0 in professional fights......what makes you think she hasn't paid her dues? That's a better resume than lots of the male fighters who have participated in the UFC.
11/24/12 7:41 AM
Gendai Budo
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The problem is that there simply aren't enough talented women MMA fighters.

Rousey already beat Tate and Kaufmann which leaves Coenen, Cyborg, Fujii, Gurgel and McMann as the only potential contenders. As much as I like these fighters, none except Cyborg or McMann would be expected to last more than one round against Rousey.

Simply impossible to build a division (in the UFC) around one person or even three people; bantamweight and flyweight have already demonstrated the results. Phone Post
11/24/12 8:05 AM
trishstratus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can easily see the PPV being announced. At the last minute Miesha or Cyborg is injured, Chael agrees to fight Honda on one day's notice. Biggest PPV eva.
11/24/12 8:06 AM
Kostakio
609 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG! - Unless that card is fucking stacked to the gills.....would not buy. Phone Post
Same here. Phone Post
11/24/12 8:56 AM
whatamess

cant wait to put some money on marloes
11/24/12 9:32 AM
195 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

time traveling 12er - 
smth416 -  Lol at Dana White. Does he ever stick to his word anymore?

And he should check out the thread here where over half of the UFCs biggest fans say they won't pay for that PPV Phone Post

Lol, what are you 8 years old? Only an idiot sticks to their guns after circumstances change.

lol ,wat changed?  you sound like a guy that would sell his mother for the right price

11/24/12 9:37 AM
DAVID H
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Authority Figure - 

Reality

• More than enough WMMA fans to pick up the slack.
  • This isn't much different than all the outcry about MMA in general years ago.
  • Years from now people that oppose WMMA will see like dinosaurs. 

Yeah, because other women's sports have really taken off.

Reality....

Initially, WMMA will be big because it's something new and different. But, just like other women's professional sports, it will fade quickly....
11/24/12 11:57 AM
danggook
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub 200k buys, count on ir Phone Post
11/24/12 12:15 PM
ufc98newb
108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i will buy it bc i think it will be on the hendo machida card. but i think its ridiculous a sideshow like this is gonna take away from the integrity of two very serious martial artists by making their extremely important fight 3 rds instead of 5. if machida hendo is not 5 rds, there is no reason to have made the rule to allow non-title fights to be 5

11/24/12 12:17 PM
IIAces

XcessiveZ - Would like to see her fight in the UFC but I won't be paying to see her headline a card. Phone Post
^^^^

Will defiantly be a bar night. And I buy every UFC event. Phone Post
11/24/12 12:18 PM
Trombles
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Meh Phone Post
11/24/12 1:24 PM
BlueOnBlack
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gendai Budo -  The problem is that there simply aren't enough talented women MMA fighters.

Rousey already beat Tate and Kaufmann which leaves Coenen, Cyborg, Fujii, Gurgel and McMann as the only potential contenders. As much as I like these fighters, none except Cyborg or McMann would be expected to last more than one round against Rousey.

Simply impossible to build a division (in the UFC) around one person or even three people; bantamweight and flyweight have already demonstrated the results. Phone Post

I came here to post this.

This isn't about women's MMA, imo. This is about cashing in on Rousey while they still can. She is so much better than anyone else in her division that her fights will simply be a sort of "so who does Ronda armbar this time?" mismatch that will quickly lose it's appeal.

While I'm not a fan of WMMA (same way I'm not a fan of the WNBA), I do hope they eventually succeed in creating something but I think that is dependent on more women entering the fight game first and foremost.
11/24/12 1:40 PM
BeatonHauff
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What a fucking joke, it might work for 1 ppv until people realize how sloppy women's fighting is. Phone Post
11/24/12 2:04 PM
BaraoKix

trishstratus - I can easily see the PPV being announced. At the last minute Miesha or Cyborg is injured, Chael agrees to fight Honda on one day's notice. Biggest PPV eva.

Ronda subs him in record time...
11/24/12 5:38 PM
SmackyBear
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have no idea how it will do. But just thought I'd throw this out there...

Average ratings for Ronda headlining a SF arena series event on Showtime:

500,500 viewers

Average ratings for Hendo headlining a SF arena series event on Showtime:

441,333 viewers

And one of Dan's fights was against Fedor.

Maybe the UFC thinks they'll just give people what they want? Just food for thought.
11/24/12 6:58 PM
elburrogrande
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the posts on this thread are disappointing. Make me ashamed to call myself an mma fan.
11/24/12 7:37 PM
ferocitytv
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Will buy whatever card she's on especially if she rematches with Tate.
11/24/12 8:05 PM
chaplinshouse
788 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this either needs to be on a free ufc fox night or include a stacked as hell card with it.  and since he's pushing this female stuff he needs to start throwing money at gina carano she's still a major draw

11/25/12 4:37 AM
Enemies

I can see her definitely being co-main event, but there is no way I'd shell out cash for a female main event. Even a UFC on Fox would be disappointing. I guess a show on FX would be alright.

In all fairness though I wouldn't be happy paying for a 125 or 135 men's main event either.
11/25/12 3:01 PM
elburrogrande
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

look at all of you telling her she cant do something simply because of the color of her sex

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.