UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The art in Dana White's office

11/24/12 9:58 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MMAjustice
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How much would the red scribble picture go for???

Don't get it...

11/24/12 10:04 AM
NorthernIrishZombie
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's what I was thinking of.

11/24/12 10:40 AM
BooZe

BoilerBrawnByBeatdown - holy shit @ Tyson's neck
I swear I can just hear rampage saying "look at my neck, look at my neck" like he did during that "Alpha" Ariel interview... Phone Post
11/24/12 11:44 AM
C Riv

Wow...like a Boss! Dana is cool as shit

11/24/12 11:46 AM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

~~ MMA Movember Edition ~~

11/24/12 12:07 PM
Jive Turkey

stonepony - 
Jive Turkey - 
stonepony - 
mmavixen - 
Jive Turkey - 
mmavixen - 

As an art lover, I am so fucking jealous I don't know where to begin.  And seriously, a fossilized sabretooth tiger skull?  Life is so unfair :)

You'd be surprised what kind of stuff you can get your hands on. I'm not talking $160,000 Smilodon fossils, but reasonably priced. I've got a modest collection of fossils and antiquities and am certainly not a rich man

Really? I'd love to hear more about it.

Ebay buddy. You can buy real T-rex teeth at very reasonable prices (less than $100). Spinosaurus is common too, they pull a lot of them out of Africa. I would love a smilodon skull, but, I'd have to go find one myself. So expensive (Dana's in that condition is probably $200k).

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Rocks-Fossils-Minerals-/3213/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=fossil

More than 44,000 listings currently. You can get a megalodon tooth for surprisingly little money. They were great-whites the size of school buses. Teeth bigger than your hand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-nice-jet-black-Georgia-megalodon-shark-tooth-teeth-4-41-/221155203664?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337de09a50

Just be careful and make sure you're not buying a replica.

linking to a tooth that still has 17 days to go doesn't really give anyone a sense of prices. at 4.5", that will probably go for over $300 when all is said and done. Any trex teeth will go for over $1000

I meant spinosaurus. They're cooler anyway.

Oh, ya, Spinosaurus teeth are much cheaper. And usually bigger too. Cooler? Naaaaaah ;)
11/24/12 3:38 PM
mose
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheMentalisT - 
MMAjustice - How much would the red scribble picture go for???

Don't get it...

$5 MILLION its worth. Was only worth $1.45 mill 7 years ago.

And given the run-up going on in the Basquiat market, who knows. Many, moneyed, are building toward Basquiat as a member of the $100million club. This piece is no where near the level of something like 'Riding with Death' or 'Untitled(Skull)', but the kind of upward pressure being exerted on masterpieces does raise all boats.

11/24/12 8:52 PM
mmavixen
1110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NorthFromHere - Araki's interview in Vice magazine:
"OK, well, why don't you start by telling me about the first time you picked up a camera...

No, no, no, forget it! Let's just forget about this whole thing. I'm leaving. Why don't you just go and watch some TV or something--don't bother me. I'm not fucking doing this anymore. You should know all about this crap. It's so boring. You don't even ask about my current projects. Don't fucking ask me about the first time I took a photograph or whatever--it's pathetic. And I don't need you to go writing this up in an article for other ignorant people who don't know me to read either, OK? I don't give a shit. I'm not interested in money or fame. I'm not looking for that anymore.

Well then, can I ask about all the photo books that you've published?

That's such a stupid question, man. Which one do you want to talk about? I have 450 books, for God's sake.

In EROTOS, you made ordinary flowers and cracks in the ground look like male and female genitalia. Why do you think your photos come across as being so erotic?

Why do they come across as erotic? Because I shot them. That's what my photos are. You're wondering why they look erotic? It is what it is, you know? You're going to keep asking me these dumb questions and write it up in your little article? Oh, come on, you can do better than that. I've been asked the same question a million times, dude."

Thaks for the interview.  I missed an exhibition of Araki's by a month once in London and I was pretty upset.  I remember hearing he had prostate cancer.  I guess he's okay now?

11/25/12 2:08 AM
RaginRedneck169
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There was a video blog once of the office and there was a poster with the word "FUCK" written on it at different angles....anyone remember this or have any info on it?
11/25/12 5:46 AM
Lord Kancho
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can't believe this is an article.
11/25/12 10:08 AM
Eddy Payeur
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/25/12 11:21 AM
OftheWay

Zed Wayne Zed - Does that have any relevance to Pride?

Those gun carved from bibles are great.

I can already feel the religios getting mad.

Cool office, Dana!
I'm a Christian, but those gun pieces are cool. It obviously speaks to religion, including Christianity, being used as a weapon. Even us stuffy Christians can appreciate that. Phone Post
11/25/12 12:47 PM
jkd_guy
175 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cementhead - Um where's the Stephanie Seymour picture
This. Phone Post
11/25/12 1:15 PM
Brian Rule
264 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome art. Good for Dana that he can acquire and appreciate this kind of stuff. Really kinda proud of his taste haha

Would love to see a similar article (video?) about the Fertita's collections.

Also mods please ban OP for not including Steph Seymour nude. Like many of you I fapped to my fair share of a Victoria Secret catalogs growing up

11/25/12 2:27 PM
Ryan Black
341 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OftheWay -

Cool office, Dana!
I'm a Christian, but those gun pieces are cool. It obviously speaks to religion, including Christianity, being used as a weapon. Even us stuffy Christians can appreciate that. Phone Post
I am also a Christian, and the gun book pieces spoke to me in a different way. They way they are framed and positioned makes for a fantastic display too. I'm sure Dana has a great interior decorator/designer.

The first emotion/feeling/word that came to mind when I saw the Bible Guns was "Power." Followed by "Faith." Then reading your response, it just reminded me of why I love art like the pieces Mr. White and the Fertittas admire. You can have two different people of similar views and interests with a completely different interpretation of any given piece of artwork.

Everything in DFW's office is awesome.

Oh, and I wonder if the "FUCK" piece we've seen was sent to him by a fan. It just seems like that would make sense, lol. Phone Post
11/25/12 3:00 PM
mmavixen
1110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Black - 
OftheWay -

Cool office, Dana!
I am also a Christian, and the gun book pieces spoke to me in a different way. They way they are framed and positioned makes for a fantastic display too. I'm sure Dana has a great interior decorator/designer.

The first emotion/feeling/word that came to mind when I saw the Bible Guns was "Power." Followed by "Faith." Then reading your response, it just reminded me of why I love art like the pieces Mr. White and the Fertittas admire. You can have two different people of similar views and interests with a completely different interpretation of any given piece of artwork.

Everything in DFW's office is awesome.

Oh, and I wonder if the "FUCK" piece we've seen was sent to him by a fan. It just seems like that would make sense, lol. Phone Post

Voted up.  I'm a Christian, too and thought the exact same thing when I saw the bible guns.  ANd great point about how subjective art can be, that's the beauty of it.

11/25/12 3:11 PM
Ryan Black
341 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thank you. You are awesome mmavixen! :) Phone Post
11/25/12 4:59 PM
Ilikebjj
45 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope the next article is about how regular Dana White is.
11/25/12 5:12 PM
AlphaSlap
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If all else fails, he will be able to retire off the Basqiat alone.

Very impressed
11/25/12 5:55 PM
rudj
554 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

why no romo's?

11/25/12 6:09 PM
The Cooler

Edited: 11/25/12 6:11 PM
Cindy,

Tell Dana I made this for him.

http://rashadface.com/var/albums/MMA-Shoops/Dana%20F%20Gacy.jpg?m=1343347089

It would look good on his wall, and fit in perfectly with his art lover badass theme. What is more scary than a serial killer? It is the perfect intimidation piece.

I also made him a pair of bronze dipped boxing gloves, but I need his record so I can finish the engraving. Does he remember it yet?
11/25/12 7:57 PM
GTFOOHWTBS
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^ is it this one?
http://www.egotastic.com/2011/01/stephanie-seymo-8/stephanie-seymour-nude-photograph/

11/25/12 8:09 PM
SamboSlim187

Who gives a fuck? Phone Post
11/25/12 10:40 PM
Megatherium
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/26/12 6:39 PM
Dana
11/26/12 12:54 AM
stonepony

Jive Turkey - 
stonepony - 
Jive Turkey - 
stonepony - 
mmavixen - 
Jive Turkey - 
mmavixen - 

As an art lover, I am so fucking jealous I don't know where to begin.  And seriously, a fossilized sabretooth tiger skull?  Life is so unfair :)

You'd be surprised what kind of stuff you can get your hands on. I'm not talking $160,000 Smilodon fossils, but reasonably priced. I've got a modest collection of fossils and antiquities and am certainly not a rich man

Really? I'd love to hear more about it.

Ebay buddy. You can buy real T-rex teeth at very reasonable prices (less than $100). Spinosaurus is common too, they pull a lot of them out of Africa. I would love a smilodon skull, but, I'd have to go find one myself. So expensive (Dana's in that condition is probably $200k).

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Rocks-Fossils-Minerals-/3213/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=fossil

More than 44,000 listings currently. You can get a megalodon tooth for surprisingly little money. They were great-whites the size of school buses. Teeth bigger than your hand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-nice-jet-black-Georgia-megalodon-shark-tooth-teeth-4-41-/221155203664?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337de09a50

Just be careful and make sure you're not buying a replica.

linking to a tooth that still has 17 days to go doesn't really give anyone a sense of prices. at 4.5", that will probably go for over $300 when all is said and done. Any trex teeth will go for over $1000

I meant spinosaurus. They're cooler anyway.

Oh, ya, Spinosaurus teeth are much cheaper. And usually bigger too. Cooler? Naaaaaah ;)

I don't know... T-rex is obviously more famous, and the fossil is a more impressive status-symbol piece for a collection. But...

http://tinyurl.com/cerw7yw

Spinosaurus was a lot more scary. T-rex was most likely a scavenger, and spinosaurus was much more of a predator (and would make short work of a t-rex/allosaurus).

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.