UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The art in Dana White's office

11/26/12 1:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mexican Janitor
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where's Ronda? Phone Post
11/26/12 2:23 AM
stonepony
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jive Turkey - I know they were a bigger animal, I just meant aesthetically, the t-rex teeth are more appealing. A nice sized, serrated tooth is more impressive than a conical one. Plus, there always seems to be a lot of restoration work done to the Spinosaurus teeth.

The shape also suggests it ate fish, which isn't so bad ass ;)

Well, that's a bit like saying a Crocodile isn't so bad ass.
I'd rather have a big megalodon tooth. But you know, something like a trilobite collection would be cool too. The variety, and some of them are just so interesting looking. They're also pretty inexpensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOP-CLASS-DICRANURUS-FOSSIL-TRILOBITE-GREAT-SPECIMEN-PERFECT-PREPARATION-/110979480441?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d6e47b79

Look at that f'n thing. Amazing.
11/26/12 2:36 AM
Wasa-B
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If he has that drawing, he should have the Gomi sketch too.
11/26/12 2:43 AM
Megatherium
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony - That is probably a legit smilodon skull, not a cast or a replica. $200k, easy.

Lol, smilodon was nothing special.

2:45

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY-GMPO6kmE&feature=relmfu
11/26/12 3:07 AM
Jive Turkey

stonepony - 
Jive Turkey - I know they were a bigger animal, I just meant aesthetically, the t-rex teeth are more appealing. A nice sized, serrated tooth is more impressive than a conical one. Plus, there always seems to be a lot of restoration work done to the Spinosaurus teeth.

I'd rather have a big megalodon tooth. But you know, something like a trilobite collection would be cool too. The variety, and some of them are just so interesting looking. They're also pretty inexpensive.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TOP-CLASS-DICRANURUS-FOSSIL-TRILOBITE-GREAT-SPECIMEN-PERFECT-PREPARATION-/110979480441?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d6e47b79

Good point about crocodiles.

I've got both a megalodon tooth and a hollardops trilobite. My trilobite isn't nearly as intricate as the one you linked to, but the detail is amazing. You're able to make out all the little individual lenses in the eye. It still blows my mind when I look at it.
You should start a collection; you seem really interested
11/26/12 3:26 AM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ryan Black -  Thank you. You are awesome mmavixen! :) Phone Post

You're too sweet.  I'm not awesome, I just know a good, intelligent post when I see one and reward accordingly. :)

11/26/12 3:35 AM
Phil Cornelius

When u have that much money...you just spend just to spend..6 figures on art should be giving that 6 figures to the humans that put more money in his pocket down the road
11/26/12 7:33 AM
stonepony

Jive Turkey - 
stonepony - 

Good point about crocodiles.

I've got both a megalodon tooth and a hollardops trilobite. My trilobite isn't nearly as intricate as the one you linked to, but the detail is amazing. You're able to make out all the little individual lenses in the eye. It still blows my mind when I look at it.
You should start a collection; you seem really interested

Yeah, meteorites/fossils are both fascinating IMO. I found a spear-head when I was a kid, was big and white/orange and semi transparent. Lost it.

I know if I bought a trilobite I'd probably try to continue extracting it from the matrix. Dental tools and a dremil or something, until I broke it.
11/26/12 12:14 PM
cheesesteak
242 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

very avant-garde
11/26/12 12:33 PM
Mayhem13
233 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stonepony -
mmavixen - 
Jive Turkey - 
mmavixen - 

As an art lover, I am so fucking jealous I don't know where to begin.  And seriously, a fossilized sabretooth tiger skull?  Life is so unfair :)

You'd be surprised what kind of stuff you can get your hands on. I'm not talking $160,000 Smilodon fossils, but reasonably priced. I've got a modest collection of fossils and antiquities and am certainly not a rich man

Really? I'd love to hear more about it.

Ebay buddy. You can buy real T-rex teeth at very reasonable prices (less than $100). Spinosaurus is common too, they pull a lot of them out of Africa. I would love a smilodon skull, but, I'd have to go find one myself. So expensive (Dana's in that condition is probably $200k).

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Rocks-Fossils-Minerals-/3213/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=fossil

More than 44,000 listings currently. You can get a megalodon tooth for surprisingly little money. They were great-whites the size of school buses. Teeth bigger than your hand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Very-nice-jet-black-Georgia-megalodon-shark-tooth-teeth-4-41-/221155203664?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337de09a50

Just be careful and make sure you're not buying a replica.
When I was about 12-13 years old I found a megaladon tooth in the beach in Venice, Florida.

I was so excited. Took it back to where we were staying, wrapped it up in paper towels, packed it up and when we got back home I unwrapped it to find it somehow was snapped in half in the luggage while traveling back to OH. I was super bummed out. Phone Post
11/26/12 12:37 PM
Kirik
1728 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The UnderGround, Mayor

I am going to set up a Bliptadon Ground :-)

11/27/12 1:03 AM
outtrigger

The chimp holding revolver art totally epiphanize the UFC: mad ape Dana White holding a gun to the fighters head once they sign the UFC contract. Totally make sense
11/27/12 3:57 AM
Ryan Black
426 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmavixen -
Ryan Black -  Thank you. You are awesome mmavixen! :) Phone Post

You're too sweet.  I'm not awesome, I just know a good, intelligent post when I see one and reward accordingly. :)

Well it is very much appreciated :)

And, you most certainly ARE awesome... one of the coolest people here. Your positivity is refreshing.

I'd love to own those Bible Gun pieces- the more I look at the pictures. It's definitely on the list, lol. I just find it very powerful art. And I would also really like to hear how DFW feels about those pieces, specifically. Awesome stuff... Phone Post
11/27/12 8:16 AM
stonepony

outtrigger - The chimp holding revolver art totally epiphanize the UFC: mad ape Dana White holding a gun to the fighters head once they sign the UFC contract. Totally make sense

*derp*

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.