UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> AS: I want GSP then maybe jones. up to Dana white.

11/23/12 1:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ortman166
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The pound-for-pound king and middleweight champion Anderson Silva is in attendance for UFC 154 in Canada tonight. Before the show Silva talked to the media and of course was asked about the possible fight with Georges St-Pierre, should GSP defeat Condit tonight. Silva said he would fight GSP, but more interesting was that he said he would also be up for a fight with the light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones if that were what the UFC wanted.

Silva seemed clear that he thinks GSP will beat Carlos Condit and that would set up the super fight between what most people think are the #1 and #2 pound for pound best fighters in MMA today. There has been many different opinions amongst the MMA fans and media about which super fight was more intriguing, Silva vs. GSP or Silva vs. Jones. Well it looks like maybe we can all get our wish and get both fights in the future. For now it seems Silva is focused on the possibilities of a GSP fight when he spoke with the media before UFC 154 tonight.

“My first goal is the Georges St-Pierre fight, the super fight,” he said. “The second goal? Maybe Jon Jones. But this is not my decision. This is Dana [White's] decision.”

The interesting thing about even being open to fighting Jon Jones now is the fact that Silva and Jones both recently said they didn’t have any interest in fighting each other. They both have a lot of respect for each other but maybe with Jon Jones saying recently that he didn’t want to fight Silva because he didn’t want to be the one who beat him has something to do with Silva changing his mind. For now though, we wait to see if everything falls into place. The thing we know is if Silva fights GSP next or Jon Jones, it will be the biggest PPV the UFC will ever put on and will be a treat for us fans of MMA. Phone Post
11/23/12 1:12 PM
ortman166

Epic Phone Post
11/23/12 1:13 PM
gooddoc

GSP is chicken, he might as well fight Jones then.
11/23/12 1:14 PM
Libero21
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson silva money has a completly different meaning now Phone Post
11/23/12 1:27 PM
XcessiveZ
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gooddoc - GSP is chicken, he might as well fight Jones then.
GSP has never ducked anyone ever and has never complained about taking a fight. Phone Post
11/23/12 1:30 PM
Prepare2Die

Why not just start with Mighty Mouse then Dominic Cruz and work his way up from there??? Phone Post
11/23/12 1:30 PM
Winston Wolf

XcessiveZ - 
GSP has never ducked anyone ever and has never complained about taking a fight. Phone Post

Im a huge fan of both but Silva looks bad calling out a smaller fighter
11/23/12 1:33 PM
gooddoc

XcessiveZ - 

He seems to be stuttering a lot when asked about this fight.

It seems to me that if he really wants challenging fights that he should be excited to the fight against Silva.

Alas, this is simply not the case.
11/23/12 1:34 PM
Pat Giles

Prepare2Die - Why not just start with Mighty Mouse then Dominic Cruz and work his way up from there??? Phone Post
We wanna see fights not Anderson and the munchkins from oz. Phone Post
11/23/12 1:38 PM
Mayhem Monkey
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gooddoc - GSP is chicken, he might as well fight Jones then.

Riiiiight... the smaller guy is the chicken, the who is being challenged by the giant who is doing everything he can to avoid fighting someone his size...
11/23/12 1:39 PM
ortman166

Pat Giles -
Prepare2Die - Why not just start with Mighty Mouse then Dominic Cruz and work his way up from there??? Phone Post
Lol, come on now guys lets not act like this fight hasn't been talked about for years and a lot of people actually think gsp has a shot. Phone Post
11/23/12 1:40 PM
mkou
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gooddoc - 
XcessiveZ - 

It seems to me that if he really wants challenging fights that he should be excited to the fight against Silva.

You think facing a murdered's row of welterweights are not challenging fights? Talk about a keyboard warrior. If Silva comes down to 170, GSP will fight him straight away.
11/23/12 1:43 PM
gooddoc

mkou - 
gooddoc - 
XcessiveZ - 

You think facing a murdered's row of welterweights are not challenging fights? Talk about a keyboard warrior. If Silva comes down to 170, GSP will fight him straight away.

look this fight would be historic, and he is avoiding it because of 8 pounds (178). Sorry I'm not buying it.

Either he wants to test himself against Silva, or he doesn't but either way it doesn't matter with fans like you guys.
11/23/12 1:44 PM
sacredhate
76 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Winston Wolf - 
XcessiveZ - 

Im a huge fan of both but Silva looks bad calling out a smaller fighter

well, it makes sense. if he beats the bigger champ first then the GSP fight loses money making potential.

Fighting GSP first makes good money...and sets the Jones fight up as his final legacy and fair fight.
11/23/12 1:44 PM
ortman166

Haters gonna hate Phone Post
11/23/12 1:51 PM
HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP a chicken gtfo Phone Post
11/23/12 1:53 PM
gooddoc

HalfThisGameIs90PercentMental - 

GSP a chicken gtfo Phone Post

MMA fan, has an M.D. after his name.
11/23/12 2:00 PM
JayBRO

gooddoc -
XcessiveZ - 

You've never trained a day in your life, it's obvious. Please go back to sitting on the couch and judging others. Phone Post
11/23/12 2:03 PM
gooddoc

JayBRO - 
gooddoc -
XcessiveZ - 

You've never trained a day in your life, it's obvious. Please go back to sitting on the couch and judging others. Phone Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
11/23/12 3:03 PM
Headkick420

GSP is p4p best MMA fighter in the world.

Anderson is making a fool of himself if he is looking past him.
11/23/12 3:23 PM
Avenged MOFO

Headkick420 - GSP is p4p best MMA fighter in the world.

Anderson is making a fool of himself if he is looking past him.
I agree^ .

GSP had always fought the very best competition!!! Phone Post
11/23/12 3:27 PM
Kings21
42 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ortman166 - 
Pat Giles -
Lol, come on now guys lets not act like this fight hasn't been talked about for years and a lot of people actually think gsp has a shot. Phone Post

Personally my desire to see GSP vs Anderson (dont get me wrong, i'd still watch it) has waned over the past couple years and even more last weekend. While I think GSP for the most part just looked rusty against Condit I think GSP gets murdered by Anderson and I dont think it'll be all that competitive. Thats the only reason I wouldnt wanna see that fight. Just dont think it would be as competitive as I once thought it would and I'd rather see Anderson call out and fight Jon Jones. Yea Jones is bigger but I feel that fight would be much more competitive than GSP/Anderson and I think GSP would even be the favorite.

That said, if Anderson really plans on or is at least ok with fighting GSP then Jones, then I'm all for both fights. But if I had to pick one or the other, its Anderson vs Jones.

I'm a fan of all three of those figthers and just want the best, most competitive fights to happen.
11/23/12 3:28 PM
itskrisdude
144 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's literally the only left for Silva to do. Take out the only two other fighters in the p4p discussion, then retire as the undisputed best of all time.
11/23/12 3:43 PM
kid chaos
186 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If the fight with gsp happens I would put alot of money on it that the jones fight will not happen. He will retire after gsp Phone Post
11/23/12 3:46 PM
Entreri

Anderson will never fight Jones.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.