UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> How The Wii U Trumps All Other Consoles:

11/23/12 1:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rookie29
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All Wii U models come with a HDMI cable in the box.

The only console that does that. Phone Post
11/23/12 10:16 PM
SlightlyStoopid
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Phone Post
11/24/12 12:52 AM
rookie29

SlightlyStoopid - Phone Post
That too.

Finally a HDMI cable in the box and penis TVs.

Flying cars are around the corner. Phone Post
11/25/12 11:46 PM
Sofa King Cool
349 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it's a pretty cool system. As long as you keep your expectations realistic. Phone Post
11/26/12 12:22 AM
Yossarian
246 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love it so far.
11/26/12 12:16 PM
disbeliever
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
I played one over a friends house over Thanksgiving break. They bought it for their kids. I found it enjoyable.

Of course I am able to like more than one console and find things good about them all, unlike some people.

I wouldn't turn to wii-u to play Call of Duty, but it's another neat idea I think.
11/26/12 2:33 PM
Flexo
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My xbox came with hdmi, so, ya. Phone Post
11/26/12 3:44 PM
Bry Bry

disbeliever-i dont know anyone buying this wii-U system so im curious, would you buy this system to play for you?i just see it as a fun gimmick that will last about 20 moinutes like the Wii...
11/26/12 3:56 PM
disbeliever
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, Moderator
Bry Bry - disbeliever-i dont know anyone buying this wii-U system so im curious, would you buy this system to play for you?i just see it as a fun gimmick that will last about 20 moinutes like the Wii...

I said it was enjoyable, which I really believe. I had "fun" experimenting with it and some of the games were cool to play with others.

As I said, I would most likely NOT buy this system for myself, because the games I play are better on PC anyway, or at the very least ps3.

I can see how this is as cool as wii for children though, and if it were cheaper I would most likely buy one for my children to tinker with.

So I agree with many that the hardware is outdated, and the price too high. I just don't feel the need to shit on it or anything else for any reason, and can appreciate the positives about it.
11/26/12 4:07 PM
CNewton317

You can buy the pro controller which is just like a ps3 controller...I have black ops 2 for wii u ad the graphics are better than the 360 version...just wait til they come out with games actually made for the wii u an not games based off the 360/ ps3 versions...then ull see what this console can do! Phone Post
11/27/12 2:04 AM
mwmhong
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rookie29 - All Wii U models come with a HDMI cable in the box.

The only console that does that. Phone Post
HDMI cable makes it best? OK..... Phone Post
11/27/12 9:11 AM
SlapUsilly
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will buy a Wii U eventually, just like I will buy the next Xbox and PS4.

Why? Because I'm a dyed-in-the-wool gamer and not a fanboy who gets all huffy and pouty over my favorite brand.

I think PS3 and 360 graphics are still amazing, just as I think Wii and PS2 graphics are great.

A new Zelda, Metroid, and Mario games are reason enough to get the Wii U as far as I'm concerned.
11/27/12 9:26 PM
rookie29

Flexo - My xbox came with hdmi, so, ya. Phone Post
The original Xbox did not.

The 360 has new models with a HDMI port. But, they don't ship with a cable in the box. Phone Post
11/27/12 10:09 PM
AbbeyRoadMe
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Wii U is actually in stock at some of the local stores here in Connecticut. Just the fact that it's available is tempting me to make an impulse buy.

My fear is that (like the Wii) I will buy it for the nostalgia of games like Zelda, and Mario but quickly realize there aren't enough games to hold my interest. Phone Post
11/28/12 8:50 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sofa King Cool - I think it's a pretty cool system. As long as you keep your expectations realistic. Phone Post
You just can't go in expecting it to be what it isn't. If you want a hardcore gaming MACHINE, you Microsoft or Sony. If you want innovative, slightly new gaming concepts and ideas as well as fun features in a somewhat zany interactive playing system, you want Nintendo. Nintendo doesn't have the best console out, it may never. But they ARE the best at what they do. Phone Post
11/28/12 8:51 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CNewton317 - You can buy the pro controller which is just like a ps3 controller...I have black ops 2 for wii u ad the graphics are better than the 360 version...just wait til they come out with games actually made for the wii u an not games based off the 360/ ps3 versions...then ull see what this console can do! Phone Post
Hmm, I seriously can't wait! Phone Post
12/3/12 1:20 PM
Nakedwelshman
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

rookie29 -
Flexo - My xbox came with hdmi, so, ya. Phone Post
The original Xbox did not.

The 360 has new models with a HDMI port. But, they don't ship with a cable in the box. Phone Post
Mine came with one too Phone Post
12/4/12 5:03 AM
Mosley84
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you buy the classic Mario games for the wii u? Phone Post
12/4/12 9:16 PM
WikiTheWalrus
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I played one shortly while taking my niece to Gamestop. The graphics on the game were cool. Other than that, I don't really see a reason to buy one.
12/10/12 9:08 AM
Willybone
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll probably pick one up next year. Big N has made me consistently happy for decades and I think this will do the same. I've got a gaming PC which already lets me play lots of the bigger multiplatform games, but I love the Nintendo exclusives and enjoy their experimentation with new directions in gaming.

12/10/12 7:33 PM
nrallen

Digital Foundry has been comparing the release games with those on 360/PS3 and so far the Wii U failed in all tests apart from one; Trine 2 was visually superior on the Wii U. That is all.

It has more RAM, a better GPU but a slower CPU. However, that CPU is apparently more efficient. I think this means it will produce better looking/performing games than 360/PS3...which are both very old.

The Wii U will look extremely dated by the time new consoles are launched by Microsoft and Sony.

I've read the tablet controller requires a separate power adaptor and the battery lasts around 3 hours of gaming. Terrible!
12/13/12 8:06 PM
supersaiyan

I like Wii U for what it is ...thats it...lets not get carried a way with trying to stack it vs PS3 or Xbox360 and by god of all not vs nEXt Gen..

its a cool system for what it is meant for and that is for fun cool innovative games ..

Solakcin69 put it best with his post...

i played the Wii U for a bit at GAmestop and rather enjoyed the playing i did...it was a nice touch to have a portable asset with hookups to interface to a tv ...a nice 2 for 1 combo concept if you ask me along with the tocuhscreen feature . :)

Wont be getting it myself tho or any NEXT Gen console for a while myself ...plenty of games n stuff on the 360 and ps3 to hold me for at least another 2 years or so
12/27/12 5:40 PM
dxgnr8
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A friend of mine from work got her 8 year old son one for Christmas and they can't get it to work on their tv. I just had a quick look at a game forum and there were heaps of people with same problem. Most of them had to return it to Nintendo to get it repaired. That's a disgrace if you ask me. Kids are getting them for Christmas and can't even use them.
Yeah, a hdmi cable is what makes all the difference! If only the Wii U knew how to use one! Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.