UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> What if GSP was calling out Benson Henderson?

11/24/12 3:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
blacksamurai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kevin Arnold - GSP would have to do the following to compare to silva's actions in recent months:

-make a number of excuses for why he can't, won't, or shouldn't fight Silva (Jones)

-say he has no interest in fighting the big up and coming name at at WW in Hendricks (Weidman)

-say he is going to take a year off to make movies

-challenge the champ a weight class below him (Henderson)

GSP would get destroyed if he displayed this type of behavior.

I am not a fan of Silva at all. I think he is the goat and I respect his skills as a fighter though. It just amazes me how Jon Jones can be destroyed the way he was for not taking a fight on 10 days notice and yet Silva is allowed to dictate everything to the UFC and fellow fighters.

It also amazes me that Silva is the one pulling some BS with this situation and yet so many people are blaming GSP already for not taking the fight. Again, Silva is the goat but he doesn't walk on water and he isn't bigger than the sport despite what he and his fans seem to think.

"-say he has no interest in fighting the big up and coming name at at WW in Hendricks (Weidman)"

Apple to Oranges one guy is 31 the other is 36 and will fight only 4 more years he wants to get GSP now before someone stops him, and diminishes his legacy a bit and his body and health start breaking down exponentially it almost happened last weekend you think Silva woulda kept pursuing this fight if Condit finished GSP? Phone Post
11/24/12 3:54 PM
blacksamurai

mike hammer - Anderson hasn't fought at WW for nearly a decade Othello - Silva has put on a significant amount of weight over the years. Rumors are he walks around at 225 these days so I would think it would be next to impossible for him to get any lighter than a 180 lbs which is still 10 lbs over the WW division weight limit. GSP isn't even a big WW either on top of that he's showed no interest in the Silva fight. All in all it's a terrible fight for him it could potentially take years off of his career the potential beating he could receive.
You smoking dope St Pierre is huge not a monster like Marquandt but a big mofo! Phone Post
11/24/12 8:50 PM
mike hammer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've met GSP in person blacksamurai and although he's a physical specimen he's not a big guy compared to other UFC fighters I've seen in his division. Thiago Alves for example is a fair amount bigger than GSP is. Silva has a substantial amount of size on GSP.

Anyways long story short Silva wants this fight over going up against Bones Jones because he's looking for a big pay day against a much smaller opponent that he knows he can beat. He knows if him and Bones ever fought that he would end up on his back on the receiving end of repeated elbow blows from the top. Bones would brutalize him plain and simple so he's looking for an easier fight.
11/24/12 9:27 PM
orcus

Sippy Cuppy - 
Andersons_Chin - Benson hasnt cleaned out his division, which could be said of GSP or Andy.

Also, Andy/GSP is a match fans have been asking about for years.

If he gets past Nate, who's left?

Showtime?

Then what?

Melendez

Alvarez

Thomson

...and by then there will be someone else.

11/24/12 9:32 PM
MRK3000

This is big show.
11/24/12 9:43 PM
Carrtrouble
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bendo is a pretty big lw. Big ol' horse thighs.. Beep? Phone Post
11/24/12 9:45 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just remember how many people thought Frankie Edgar won the rematch against Henderson. What if Dana was pushing for a fight between Edgar and GSP? I know Dana says its more for P4P status, but, I'd rather see fighters fight in their proper weight classes than fight for p4p status. Too many factors come into to play such as height, weight, reach, age, style, ect.
11/24/12 11:14 PM
SonOfThePeepHole
51 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA -
Entreri - Jones has cleaned out this division.

Anderson is not calling him out. I wonder why...

He said he is open to that fight but want GSP first.

why gsp first? Phone Post
11/24/12 11:58 PM
SupesUp
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

But when Cormier does it going on and on and on about fighting Jones everyone has a huge boner for Cormier over it.
It's ok to call out the smaller guy when they get as much hate as Jones. Phone Post
11/25/12 1:12 AM
ortoPsy

i'd like to see:
henderson/pettis
gsp/hendricks
silva/jbj at catch weight 195 Phone Post
11/25/12 1:18 AM
nni
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When has Anderson called out GSP? Can you post some quotes and links of him doing that?
11/25/12 1:25 AM
Fedors Jim Jams

nni - When has Anderson called out GSP? Can you post some quotes and links of him doing that?

well considering silva "doesn't speak english" that'll be hard to do. a guy who speaks english fluently like gsp can be easier to criticize for saying things.
11/25/12 11:06 AM
mike hammer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got to disagree with you DanGold on Bones vs Cormier. That's a fight where I think Dan would put him on his back and would be able to hurt Jones on the feet. It's 50/50 on who takes that one. Bones has the reach Cormier has the power and take downs - that one would be a barn burner.

11/25/12 11:12 AM
OftheWay

mike hammer - The fans would probably say it's not a fair fight due to the fact GSP is much bigger than he is. Anderson has at least the same weight and size difference on GSP as GSP has on Henderson.

This is why I'm not sure what the logic is for Anderson in fighting GSP? There are weight classes for a reason and I think it's hypercritical for fans wanting to see this fight when people would never say let's put Benson vs Cruz or GSP vs Aldo.

Dana and Anderson are pressuring him big time and I think it's total BS. What's your guy's opinion?
I actually thing GSP/Henderson is a fairer fight size wise than GSP/Silva; Henderson's a huge LW. Phone Post
11/25/12 11:29 AM
semtex0809
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Benson is saying he will move to 170 soon bc 155 cut is getting hard Phone Post
11/25/12 11:42 AM
OftheWay

semtex0809 - Benson is saying he will move to 170 soon bc 155 cut is getting hard Phone Post
Exactly. And I believe Bendo would give GSP one heck of a fight. Phone Post
11/25/12 1:37 PM
Jetster
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blacksamurai - 
mike hammer - Anderson hasn't fought at WW for nearly a decade Othello - Silva has put on a significant amount of weight over the years. Rumors are he walks around at 225 these days so I would think it would be next to impossible for him to get any lighter than a 180 lbs which is still 10 lbs over the WW division weight limit. GSP isn't even a big WW either on top of that he's showed no interest in the Silva fight. All in all it's a terrible fight for him it could potentially take years off of his career the potential beating he could receive.
You smoking dope St Pierre is huge not a monster like Marquandt but a big mofo! Phone Post

Really Now, just curious have you ever met GSP? I have, I have also met Matt Hughes, Miletich ect so i can tell you GSP is not a big WW, he has stated this himself many times that he needed to get bigger to compete with some of the WW's in his division....so again where is your info coming from? Fitch was much bigger before he went full retard on that vegan diet, Alves is significantly bigger ect...
11/25/12 1:53 PM
4thHorsemen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would respect GSP more if he said it straight up like Anderson Silva that he is not interested in moving up and fighting at all. There's something admirable about how silva has told the media without beating around the bush that he's not interested in a Jones fight, but that it's still up to the UFC.

I would rather that type of attitude than two years of " I am only focused on my next fight right now and I can't look past him by talking about Anderson. I also have to put on the weight properly. I have to sit down and talk to my team about this" and crap. I like GSP but he needs to stop running from the question and just tell the media he's not interested , like silva has said, instead of all this bullshit.
11/25/12 2:38 PM
tjmitchiscool
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haha I'm pretty sure bendo would accept a GSP superfight at 162 Phone Post
11/25/12 2:58 PM
whoabro

Id love to see bendo vs gsp, esp since bendos game depends so much on his size. Phone Post
11/25/12 10:27 PM
mike hammer

So Benson is a huge 155er and you guys are saying him and GSP are closer in size than Anderson vs GSP are?
11/25/12 10:29 PM
kingkoopa

The better comparison is BJ vs GSP... oh wait that happened Phone Post
11/25/12 10:32 PM
mike hammer

Yah GSP had some size on Penn for sure but Penn has fought guys as big as Machida so that boy's a freak of nature.
11/26/12 12:17 AM
blacksamurai

mike hammer - I've met GSP in person blacksamurai and although he's a physical specimen he's not a big guy compared to other UFC fighters I've seen in his division. Thiago Alves for example is a fair amount bigger than GSP is. Silva has a substantial amount of size on GSP.

Anyways long story short Silva wants this fight over going up against Bones Jones because he's looking for a big pay day against a much smaller opponent that he knows he can beat. He knows if him and Bones ever fought that he would end up on his back on the receiving end of repeated elbow blows from the top. Bones would brutalize him plain and simple so he's looking for an easier fight.
Right now GSP is a bigger draw than JBJ, but after the TUF JBJ will be the bigger draw (his brothers will make an appearance on the show, and writers will show him as a family man) then Silva will have egg on his face it will look like a major dicktuck after JBJ comes off the show... Then he'll be talked about in the same
vein as Fedor not fighting Randy... Phone Post
11/26/12 12:19 AM
blacksamurai

mike hammer - I've met GSP in person blacksamurai and although he's a physical specimen he's not a big guy compared to other UFC fighters I've seen in his division. Thiago Alves for example is a fair amount bigger than GSP is. Silva has a substantial amount of size on GSP.

But yeah pre-Mike Dolce Thiago was huge, but Gleison is actually the same size which is funny... Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.