UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> Bitters for Acid Reflux?

11/23/12 8:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
oblongo
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've recently been diagnosed with acid reflux or GERD, and my doctor has told me to take Zantac. I've been taking it a few days now, and it works fine. But my problems weren't as severe as some others.

I've got a friend who had acid reflux for a long time, much worse than mine, and he said he was able to get off his medicine by drinking a small amount of bitters with every meal.

I've done a little reading on the Internet, and it seems that some other people swear by this. But I was also told by my doctor that alcohol triggered acid reflux, so I'm a bit reluctant to start using bitters.

Has anyone tried this or have any thoughts on whether the benefits outweigh the possible side effects from the alcohol?
11/30/12 1:06 PM
cruedi
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I read somewhere that someone chopped up a tablespoon of grapefruit peels and ate them to get rid of his heartburn. He had said nothing worked but that.

I found a treatment for my son who had bad acid reflux since birth that used orange peels, it works great. Before that if was scripts that didn't help as much. I didn't want him on previcad/zantec etc because of the side effects of daily use.

12/10/12 2:34 AM
joemasepoos
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try learning and experimenting with food combining , you can't just eat whatever you like in the same meal , also keep your meals simple , and eat lots of raw fresh salads .
12/10/12 2:36 AM
joemasepoos
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can also try drinking a glass of water with a tablespoon of Braggs organic apple cider vinegar before a meal .

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.