UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why do people say Anderson fights nobody?

11/23/12 10:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
heavyweightmma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

When before every opponent fights him, they make threads saying: (Insert fighter) has this, this, and this which is the perfect recipe to defeat Silva. Or, (Insert fighter) has a 3-4 fight win streak against the top competition in the division, but then they get destroyed by Silva.

These haters just don't want to believe the epicness that is Anderson Silva.

Silva has destroyed 2 Roided up LHW's, and laughed at them during the fight.

Silva finished Bonnar convincingly, while Jones couldn't.

Silva doesn't get what he deserves.
11/24/12 12:49 AM
bknumber1
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson is either THE GOAT or one of them, anyone arguing that has a big task at hand. Doesn't change the fact he wasted a fight on Bonnar instead of someone relevant at LHW. I say super fight with GSP at 180, super fight with JBJ at 205, and ride off into the sunset regardless of their outcomes. Phone Post
11/24/12 2:38 AM
heavyweightmma

bornop -  When was the last time Dana complained about Silva turning down a fight? Just because he doesn't fight according to the whims of the UG and occasionally deserving MWs, does not mean he is ducking anyone. Phone Post

This. At this point no one should complain about him turning down a fight or two.

Ex. the Weidman fight and the Jones fight. People think Weidman has the tools to defeat Silva, yet he's only fought one guy who ever fought Silva, and that was Maia.

Maia was embarrassed against Silva.
11/24/12 2:46 AM
heavyweightmma

BoilerBrawnByBeatdown - 

Lol exactly.
11/24/12 3:34 AM
PeterIrl
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

heavyweightmma - When before every opponent fights him, they make threads saying: (Insert fighter) has this, this, and this which is the perfect recipe to defeat Silva. Or, (Insert fighter) has a 3-4 fight win streak against the top competition in the division, but then they get destroyed by Silva.

People say Andy just fought nobodies, it's just because he made em look like nobodies, y'all musta forgot!!!!
11/24/12 3:42 AM
heavyweightmma

easedel:

He defended the MW title of the world for five years so far. He's fought and embarrassed pretty much everyone he's fought so far. He steps in to save the companies ass at an a event.

He deserves these long breaks. Let the other contenders fight for an interim belt, which by the way, is exactly what Bisping is wanting.

If there is ANYONE in this organization who deserves to do what he wants every once and a while, it is Anderson Silva, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Here's an idea, have the Bisping vs. Vitor fight be for the interim belt. Then after that, have the winner of that fight, fight the winner of Weidman vs. whoever he's going to fight next.

Silva's fought 18 times in the last five years, so he hasn't been taking any breaks. That's 3-4 fights every year, something that most UFC champs don't/can't do.

11/24/12 3:45 AM
heavyweightmma

easedel, again:

For Anderson, he's nearing the end of his career, so super fights ARE an ideal thought right now. It's not correct to say that title defenses should be the idea right now, because for him, it's not and it shouldn't.
11/24/12 11:48 AM
Silhouette
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/12 11:51 AM
I love Anderson he is one of the greats of the sport no doubt, but the detractors bring up some valid points. The same arguments lobbed at Silva were lobbed at everyone else: weak competition, a bad loss or two, favorable match-ups, ducking, etc.

but some of Silvas opponent had horrible losses right before fighting them, out of the ufc, or have dropped weight classes now. This happens in all weight classes but 185 was always looked at as weak historically.

Add that to the fact of Silva clowning Maia and Leites and generally acting like an buffoon in both fights. The mans gonna have haters.
11/24/12 11:56 AM
Silhouette
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

heavyweightmma - easedel:

He defended the MW title of the world for five years so far. He's fought and embarrassed pretty much everyone he's fought so far. He steps in to save the companies ass at an a event.

He deserves these long breaks. Let the other contenders fight for an interim belt, which by the way, is exactly what Bisping is wanting.

If there is ANYONE in this organization who deserves to do what he wants every once and a while, it is Anderson Silva, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Here's an idea, have the Bisping vs. Vitor fight be for the interim belt. Then after that, have the winner of that fight, fight the winner of Weidman vs. whoever he's going to fight next.

Silva's fought 18 times in the last five years, so he hasn't been taking any breaks. That's 3-4 fights every year, something that most UFC champs don't/can't do.

hes fought 12 times in the last 5 years

he only fought twice in 2009, 2010, and 2011

only fighting at 185 once in 2009
11/24/12 12:19 PM
IIAces

heavyweightmma - When before every opponent fights him, they make threads saying: (Insert fighter) has this, this, and this which is the perfect recipe to defeat Silva. Or, (Insert fighter) has a 3-4 fight win streak against the top competition in the division, but then they get destroyed by Silva.

It's because after he makes them look foolish and weak, most don't bounce back. So most people think they weren't that good to begin with. Phone Post
11/24/12 12:24 PM
Entreri

Anderson is epic. He plays with LHW's like they are nobody's. I do wish he fights a really great LHW, to make it interesting.

If he wasn't #1, then certainly GSP would be calling him out at any weight. Hell, so would Jones.

A fight with Jones is probably closer to 50/50. I don't think Anderson would be at much of a disadvantage.
11/24/12 1:28 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A few lhw including Rashad turned down a fight with Silva. He is probably the most dangerous opponent short of jbj at lhw. And dominant in the rest. I only say short of jbj simply because the bigger champ is usually considered the bigger threat. Phone Post
11/24/12 1:31 PM
Drunkie
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

putting down andersons feats lets them claim there favorite fighter is better.

anderson being so good is what makes 185 appear to be a weak class. people are now saying 205 is weak because of how much jon jones is clowning everyone. when 1 fighter just stands above the rest it makes them look weaker.
11/24/12 2:03 PM
BaraoKix

Anderson makes his opponents look like 0-2 amateurs...
11/24/12 3:31 PM
UGCTT_nightkap
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Drunkie - putting down andersons feats lets them claim there favorite fighter is better.

anderson being so good is what makes 185 appear to be a weak class. people are now saying 205 is weak because of how much jon jones is clowning everyone. when 1 fighter just stands above the rest it makes them look weaker.
Man...couldn't have said it better myself Phone Post
11/24/12 4:44 PM
heavyweightmma

Silhouette - 

If you're only talking about his MW fights, that's not the discussion. these are who Silva has fought, all of his opponents.
11/24/12 5:24 PM
Silhouette

Edited: 11/24/12 5:25 PM
heavyweightmma - 
Silhouette - 

If you're only talking about his MW fights, that's not the discussion. these are who Silva has fought, all of his opponents.

what makes you think im not talking about all his fights? when i pointed out was that he only fought at 185 once in 2009, which is something that his haters point to
11/24/12 5:35 PM
heavyweightmma

Silhouette - 
heavyweightmma - 
Silhouette - 

what makes you think im not talking about all his fights? when i pointed out was that he only fought at 185 once in 2009, which is something that his haters point to

For some reason I calculated that 2006-2012 was five years.

Now I understand how fucking stupid I was, and it was forom 2007-2012.

My bad, but my statements still stand.

Read my 4th and 5th posts. They're true.
11/25/12 3:09 AM
Silhouette

heavyweightmma - 
Silhouette - 
heavyweightmma - 
Silhouette - 

For some reason I calculated that 2006-2012 was five years.

Now I understand how fucking stupid I was, and it was forom 2007-2012.

My bad, but my statements still stand.

Read my 4th and 5th posts. They're true.

I agree that Silva deserves superfights, but he also seems to be ducking the biggest and most obvious one, Jon Jones. I know hes kinda playing the game for a payday but DFW would pay them just damn fine for that fight.

playing devils advocate here

Anderson beat rich franklin for the title, while Franklin was a respected champ, 185 was weak. Franklins best wins were against Evan Tanner and David Louasio.

Travis Lutter who got his shot off TUF has never beaten a top 10 opponent, his biggest win Cote? or pele. record of 10-6, he was out of the ufc after his next fight

Marquardt was not ready for a title shot

Patrick Cote went into his bout with AS 13-4, coming off a very unimpressive fight with Ricardo Almeda, He actually has looked the best on the feet with Silva and lost due to injury, and was out of the UFC goin 0-2 after the silva bout

The Leites and Maia fights speak for themselves, Maia was also 1-1 coming into his title shot suffering a bad ko to Marquardt

Forrest is known for having a weak chin, and was coming off a bad KO by rashad in previous fight

Chael talked his way into the fight

Andersons best win is Dan Henderson
11/25/12 4:12 AM
ANT_P1989
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"You can only defeat who's standing in front of you..." Phone Post
11/25/12 4:18 AM
Foob
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

its always like this. people see the guys lose he beat and they think the fighters were overrated. it happened to fedor, it is happening to silva, and soon there will be talk about how GSP only fought nobodys
11/25/12 4:20 AM
yellow wrkahlc

ANT_P1989 -  "You can only defeat who's standing in front of you..." Phone Post

That's not true.

Black Ops, bro.

11/25/12 11:53 AM
bhealthy

besides JEALOUS HATERS and misinformed dullards who is saying this?
11/25/12 11:55 AM
SamboSlim187

Because. Phone Post
11/25/12 3:31 PM
PeterIrl
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Need an Andy remix.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.