UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Why do people say Anderson fights nobody?

11/25/12 7:41 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
knuckleballs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silhouette - 
heavyweightmma - 
Silhouette - 
heavyweightmma - 
Silhouette - 
heavyweightmma - easedel:

He defended the MW title of the world for five years so far. He's fought and embarrassed pretty much everyone he's fought so far. He steps in to save the companies ass at an a event.

He deserves these long breaks. Let the other contenders fight for an interim belt, which by the way, is exactly what Bisping is wanting.

If there is ANYONE in this organization who deserves to do what he wants every once and a while, it is Anderson Silva, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Here's an idea, have the Bisping vs. Vitor fight be for the interim belt. Then after that, have the winner of that fight, fight the winner of Weidman vs. whoever he's going to fight next.

Silva's fought 18 times in the last five years, so he hasn't been taking any breaks. That's 3-4 fights every year, something that most UFC champs don't/can't do.

hes fought 12 times in the last 5 years

he only fought twice in 2009, 2010, and 2011

only fighting at 185 once in 2009

If you're only talking about his MW fights, that's not the discussion. these are who Silva has fought, all of his opponents.

what makes you think im not talking about all his fights? when i pointed out was that he only fought at 185 once in 2009, which is something that his haters point to

For some reason I calculated that 2006-2012 was five years.

Now I understand how fucking stupid I was, and it was forom 2007-2012.

My bad, but my statements still stand.

Read my 4th and 5th posts. They're true.

I agree that Silva deserves superfights, but he also seems to be ducking the biggest and most obvious one, Jon Jones. I know hes kinda playing the game for a payday but DFW would pay them just damn fine for that fight.

playing devils advocate here

Anderson beat rich franklin for the title, while Franklin was a respected champ, 185 was weak. Franklins best wins were against Evan Tanner and David Louasio.

Travis Lutter who got his shot off TUF has never beaten a top 10 opponent, his biggest win Cote? or pele. record of 10-6, he was out of the ufc after his next fight

Marquardt was not ready for a title shot

Patrick Cote went into his bout with AS 13-4, coming off a very unimpressive fight with Ricardo Almeda, He actually has looked the best on the feet with Silva and lost due to injury, and was out of the UFC goin 0-2 after the silva bout

The Leites and Maia fights speak for themselves, Maia was also 1-1 coming into his title shot suffering a bad ko to Marquardt

Forrest is known for having a weak chin, and was coming off a bad KO by rashad in previous fight

Chael talked his way into the fight

Andersons best win is Dan Henderson

Vitor Belfort is a very good fighter, whom you forgot here....

Forrest and Franklin were fucking champs and he made them look like children fighting against an adult.

No other fighter makes it look so easy....
11/25/12 8:13 PM
xXJayRobXx
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cause all people have their own opinions about everything. HELAX Phone Post
11/25/12 8:53 PM
KZTT_HaliChap
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WWETopTeam - Anderson beat a top ten bjj fighter in the world in Thales Leites. He then beat up another top ten bjj fighter in Damian Maia.

He beat a brazilian boxing champion in Vitor belfort , who was a heavyweight champion for UFC and beat up Randy couture in 11 seconds.

Anderson beat up dutch striker Lee Murray. He outwrestled Chael Sonnen submitted Hendo.

He beat Olympic Wrestlers, ADCC Champs , and pro boxers at their own game.
Whoa. Did I really miss Randy get KOd in 11 seconds by Vitor? Phone Post
11/25/12 9:54 PM
DanChow
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Anderson Silva trainer on strategy to beat Jon Jones: Find out how he fights on his back (AS wants the fight.)

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/11/25/3691090/anderson-silva-trainer-on-strategy-to-beat-jon-jones-find-out-how-he-fights-on-his-back-ufc-mma
11/25/12 10:49 PM
Roy Batty
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The big, yet unspoken testament to Silva's dominance and talent is that none of the bigger WWs or smaller LHWs who would be potential contenders at 185, except Rashad, have shown any interest in moving to that division, despite how short a path they'd have to a title shot.
11/26/12 11:38 AM
bhealthy

Fedor vs Anderson at 205 would be awesome.

Fu** ufc-style. go IVC rules in a ring and watch the GOAT be the GOAT!
11/26/12 12:14 PM
Lazer MMA

x Anchor x -  So Hendo KO'd Fedor and Silva beat Hendo.

Why can't DW bring Fedor in to fight Silva. Epic fight no? Phone Post

This!

Silva already said he'd lose this though.

AS can drink enough water to make 207 like Hendo did and prove this mma math fail out. Just another fight he'd never take at the end of the day.
11/26/12 12:20 PM
Lazer MMA

bhealthy - Fedor vs Anderson at 205 would be awesome.

Fu** ufc-style. go IVC rules in a ring and watch the GOAT be the GOAT!

Ah, don't lessen the moment with a 205 fight. Hendo also said he'd not even fight catch weight. Fight the best Fedor, don't give excuses.

I think he'd fight JBJ before Fedor but we're talking long odds that he'd fight either IMO (hope like hell I'm wrong).
11/26/12 1:07 PM
The Swinging Richard
458 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/26/12 4:53 PM
bhealthy

OK, anderson vs. the best Fedor
that would be worth seeing
11/26/12 5:03 PM
jitsnbeer
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

They say that to all the greats.

People say they don't fight nobody, but they just make them look like nobody.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.