UnderGround Forums

GamerGround >> Lego LotR

11/24/12 3:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
orcus
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/12 3:17 AM

I guess it's basic button mashing and simple puzzles like the other Lego games, but it's LotR, you get to use the entire Fellowship, it's got some open-world Middle Earth to play in, and it looks incredible (at least on PC):

I haven't gotten past Hobbiton because I'm still playing Mass Effect and haven't gotten into it yet, but man does it look beautiful.

11/24/12 6:53 AM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks really fun. Might get it if some of my friends get it because Lego games have consistently fun co-op modes. Phone Post
11/24/12 2:08 PM
invalid
199 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Frodo looks like he has downs lol
11/24/12 3:22 PM
orcus

That's Sam. Frodo's to his right in the second pic.

9/10 from Eurogamer.

80 (!) unlockable characters including Gil Galad and Tom Bombadil. :O

11/24/12 3:48 PM
NamelessGuy
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm playing on the 3DS and I love it. I just fought the mountain troll and its awesome being able to use the entire fellowship. Phone Post
11/24/12 5:58 PM
shootfighterbull

That does look beautiful. Phone Post
11/27/12 10:01 AM
6ULDV8

It does indeed look nice. Here's the first video of a full playthrough with no commentary:

11/27/12 12:31 PM
None So Blind
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

80 unlockable characters is nice, but I played the Batman and Indiana Jones Lego games, and some of the unlocking requirements were a gold-plated BITCH :-P
11/28/12 8:52 PM
Salokcin69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shootfighterbull - That does look beautiful. Phone Post
This. Wow, did not expect that from a Lego game. Lol Phone Post
12/2/12 2:31 PM
Poleeko
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I bought this on the Wii for my son and I to play (he's six). It is so dark, we can barely see anything with brightness on max. Is it just the beginning that is hard to see or do I have a bad copy? Phone Post
12/2/12 2:36 PM
orcus

12/2/12 2:42 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Poleeko - I bought this on the Wii for my son and I to play (he's six). It is so dark, we can barely see anything with brightness on max. Is it just the beginning that is hard to see or do I have a bad copy? Phone Post
Maybe turn up the brightness on your TV as well as in game? Phone Post
12/2/12 2:42 PM
6ULDV8

Got it and yeah it's awesome.  Really simple little fun game I can play with my kid and have a great time.

We're through the mines of Moriah, kicking ass and taking names.

It's very enjoyable and the little touches they put in the cutscenes are awesome.

I give it an 8.5/10 overall, and I only gave WOW a seven.

12/2/12 2:51 PM
shootfighterbull

6ULDV8 -

Got it and yeah it's awesome.  Really simple little fun game I can play with my kid and have a great time.

We're through the mines of Moriah, kicking ass and taking names.

It's very enjoyable and the little touches they put in the cutscenes are awesome.

I give it an 8.5/10 overall, and I only gave WOW a seven.

Moria Phone Post
12/2/12 2:53 PM
Sofa King Cool
303 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gonna get it. Is it on the Wii U?

I guess the Wii games are backwards compatible? Phone Post
12/2/12 4:05 PM
Poleeko
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay -
Poleeko - I bought this on the Wii for my son and I to play (he's six). It is so dark, we can barely see anything with brightness on max. Is it just the beginning that is hard to see or do I have a bad copy? Phone Post
Maybe turn up the brightness on your TV as well as in game? Phone Post
I did. That why I was asking if it is just the first level. I can't return it cause I bought it from fucking GameStop and didn't buy their bullshit new game insurance. Phone Post
12/2/12 4:37 PM
orcus

THere should be a brightness thing in the options of the game, usually it shows some kind of image and gives you a slider to move up or down so that the image is barely visible on a black background or something like that.

A bad copy will just not work, it will certainly never change brightness or anything like that.

12/2/12 6:00 PM
Poleeko

That's what I thought as well. There is no brightness icon in options and changing the settings on my tv has no effect. GameStop tried to blame it on the AV cables. Phone Post
12/2/12 6:02 PM
orcus

12/3/12 10:36 AM
6ULDV8

Moria, my bad.  We played again tonight and it really is a fun little time killer.  She lets me play Sam and Gimli most of the time.

12/3/12 11:05 AM
orcus

Poleeko -  That's what I thought as well. There is no brightness icon in options and changing the settings on my tv has no effect. GameStop tried to blame it on the AV cables. Phone Post

TV settings not changing anything maks no sense at all. Your brightness control on the tv would make a solid black screen light gray if you cranked it enough. Do you see anything at all?

12/3/12 11:10 AM
Poleeko

Barely. Phone Post
12/3/12 12:56 PM
Poleeko

I'll try to take a picture later tonight. It's strange. I've never had a game do this before. Phone Post
12/4/12 1:15 AM
orcus

Edited: 12/04/12 1:16 AM

The whole gang in Rivendell on the way to Moria.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.