UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who is the best fighter from your state?

11/24/12 5:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Michael Kn1ght
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ACalandrelli - I wanna see Dan Cramer in Bellators next 185lb Tournament i think its time. Hopefully next season
This. Phone Post
11/24/12 5:12 PM
OhNo
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BobbyBigLug - 

Scott Jorgensen was born in Utah, but I don't think he ever took a fight while living or training here.  I think he took all or the majority of his fights while living in Idaho.   

I'd give utah to court or siler for current UFC fighters.
11/24/12 5:14 PM
UGSlapshot

EighNullSects - This list needs to be changed, Keith Jardine is neither the baddest man in Montana nor a guy who trains in Montana. If anything he is a New Mexico guy.

Our baddest man in the state is Lloyd 'Cupcake' Woodard.

WUTT
Tim Welch.. Phone Post
11/24/12 5:23 PM
slumdog

Jaybrone -
OSUkinkledmyBEAVERhole -
uratoker2 -  How can Faber be ranked above either of the Diaz brothers in Cali? Phone Post

This.
Because he has arguably accomplished more.

But Hendo > either Diaz bro and Faber. Phone Post
Exactly this. Hendo is the fucking man. Phone Post
11/24/12 5:23 PM
Another Foob
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

blacksamurai - 
Another Foob - Re: FL - I like Alex Caceres as much as the next guy, but it's kinda crazy to put him ahead of Jonathan Brookins, considering he won the season of TUF they shared.

Assuming we don't count any of the guys at ATT or Blackzilians, I think Tom Lawlor or Ben Saunders would top the list. "Crazy Horse" is pretty good too. :)
Brookings is from Oregon i think one of his parents live in Ocala and he went to school in Missouri, and Tom is from RI... Phone Post

Ah, I didn't know that. As has been touched on, I guess it's hard to know what the criteria is for saying where a fighter is "from". I always make a note of fighters that are introduced as fighting "out of" Florida. As I recall, that's how Brookins and Lawlor were introduced on TUF. But, it really should depend on where the fighter considers themselves from, I guess.
11/24/12 5:37 PM
ShanTheMan
805 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Urijah as #1?

No fucking way
11/24/12 5:51 PM
CMX
146 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tito should be #1 for Cali, cases could also be made for the Diaz bros and Hendo Phone Post
11/24/12 5:55 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

blacksamurai -
IronTigerMMA - lol @ Stephen thompson Phone Post
The best fighter from SC is Joe Frazier, Paul Williams or Chad Dawson take your pick, but the best MMA fighter is Stephen Thompson they just legalized MMA recently in sc and amateur wrestling is irrelevant in my home state... Phone Post
I thought Dawson was CT? Phone Post
11/24/12 5:57 PM
UGCTT_Gaspare

ACalandrelli - I wanna see Dan Cramer in Bellators next 185lb Tournament i think its time. Hopefully next season
How do you enter it? Do you fight for a spot? Or does Bellator pick you? Phone Post
11/24/12 6:06 PM
blupitt
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Themanders1 - bleacher report screwed up ct. ill take glover texiera all day
This!! Phone Post
11/24/12 6:43 PM
CLINTK9
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the guy at bleacher report is a little man or likes little men. whats with the lack of LHW's & HW's on this list. Mediocre HW's can kill MM or Cruz.
11/24/12 6:54 PM
BobbyBoston
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kwnel2178 -
UGCTT_Gaspare -  Nick Newell is on track to be CT's best! Phone Post

yeah, also Brennan Ward is another guy to look out for in CT.
Oops! I thought he was ri my bad Phone Post
11/24/12 6:55 PM
BobbyBoston
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Michael Kn1ght -
kwnel2178 - Mike Campbell should be RI.
Agreed, he took down Yves Edwards also. Def has fought way higher tier of fighters despite his losses. Phone Post
Fought Pettis and villlafort Phone Post
11/24/12 7:10 PM
GayGuardMooseSaucy
488 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Indiana-All time is Torres, right now it's broke Fitch.

We've also got arguably the most exciting fighter in mma history from our state.

Herman, Bonnar, Duffee, and McCorkle also Indiana born Phone Post
11/24/12 7:12 PM
Zakmma
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

John Salter is a good fighter, but here in Alabama Walt Harris is the best. Look for him to make waves in the UFC HW division soon.

11/24/12 7:58 PM
RayRaysFunhouse
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Alumynabjj - Demetrius Johnson is not a Kentuckian. Stupid that he was chosen.

Johnson grew up in Parkland, Washington where he attended Washington High School and was a stand out athlete in Track, Wrestling and Cross Country. In wrestling, he would go on to place 3rd and 2nd in state his junior and senior year. He participated in Track and Cross Country to improve his cardio for Wrestling. He competed at the State Championships in Track and Cross Country as well.
Shhh dont correct that one.
If they don't "give" us DJ then we're gonna be stuck with Junie Browning representing Kentucky... Phone Post
11/24/12 8:01 PM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dan Severn for Michigan?
11/24/12 8:09 PM
Vulva Fabulous
833 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice to see our little state of CT have so much love. Phone Post
11/24/12 8:09 PM
K3YLOCK

Maine- Boetsch is good, but I'd give it to Mike Brown. Former title holder.
11/24/12 8:17 PM
Muzalini

Giraffix Inc, Owner, Designer
K3YLOCK - Maine- Boetsch is good, but I'd give it to Mike Brown. Former title holder.
Tim Sylvia! Phone Post
11/24/12 8:18 PM
Muzalini

Giraffix Inc, Owner, Designer
Also South Dakota should be Brock Lesnar since he was a UFC champ Phone Post
11/24/12 8:19 PM
Chromium
110 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where the fuck is D.C.? Mike Easton, motherfuckers.
11/24/12 8:43 PM
mmavixen
1111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/12 8:43 PM
Another Foob - Re: FL - I like Alex Caceres as much as the next guy, but it's kinda crazy to put him ahead of Jonathan Brookins, considering he won the season of TUF they shared.

Assuming we don't count any of the guys at ATT or Blackzilians, I think Tom Lawlor or Ben Saunders would top the list. "Crazy Horse" is pretty good too. :)

As much as I like Brookins as a person, I think Alex is way more gifted as an athlete and is a champion in the making if he makes the right decisions.  Everyone he trains with raves about him and how easily he picks up everything. I am also proud they chose him because he represents Miami. Anyway, I might also have gone with Ben Saunders.

But yeah, we have ATT and the Blackzilians here, so this list is based on where someone was born or where the live now?  In that case, we have Rashad, The Reem, the list is countless.

11/24/12 8:52 PM
slapnutz666

World Peace's Left Elbow - As a Missourian, I really want to see Chandler vs. Michael Johnson at some point in my life Phone Post
I agree! Would be a great fight Phone Post
11/24/12 9:13 PM
Lib

RayRaysFunhouse - 
Alumynabjj - Demetrius Johnson is not a Kentuckian. Stupid that he was chosen.

Johnson grew up in Parkland, Washington where he attended Washington High School and was a stand out athlete in Track, Wrestling and Cross Country. In wrestling, he would go on to place 3rd and 2nd in state his junior and senior year. He participated in Track and Cross Country to improve his cardio for Wrestling. He competed at the State Championships in Track and Cross Country as well.
Shhh dont correct that one.
If they don't "give" us DJ then we're gonna be stuck with Junie Browning representing Kentucky... Phone Post

They must just ignore where everyone actually grew up and lived and just go by where they're born. I've known DJ since middle school, he moved to Tacoma while he was in elementary school, but I totally get you being okay with claiming him over Junie haha...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.