UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Who is the best fighter from your state?

11/25/12 3:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KZTT_FawkingxD
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

David rickels for Kansas!!!

War caveman!! Tim Elliot is from OK Phone Post
11/25/12 5:37 PM
CALI NATIVE
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nearly all are from Cali now

11/25/12 5:47 PM
Tank by gogoplata
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tanner904 -  So joe warren is better then rashad Evans? Not to mention Faber over Diaz? This guy doesn't know mma that well Phone Post

Rashad Evans is from New York, not Michigan..

Dan Severn IS from Michigan, though and he is a lot better than Joe Warren.
11/25/12 5:50 PM
inf0
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vancouver, BC

11/25/12 7:26 PM
TheIronCodpiece
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

All due respect to Pettis, but Big Ben takes it. Pettis is good, but Big Ben has done better against much stiffer comp for a lot longer time
11/25/12 7:27 PM
TheIronCodpiece
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 

Vancouver, BC

Whatever happened to Kang? After he got cut, he did that one promotion in Australia, and haven't heard shit since
11/25/12 8:14 PM
PhillyFights
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kostakio-

"Michael Chandler is the real deal. Phone Post"

He most certainly is.... on that note Eddie Alvarez is a better p4p fighter than Phil davis for PA

11/25/12 8:23 PM
Cheggers
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bisping Phone Post
11/25/12 8:57 PM
UGCTT_Shope
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UGCTT_stuffadamdoes -
RayRaysFunhouse - Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Forrest from Georgia?
I'm like 99% sure he's from Augusta. Phone Post
This! There are 1 or 2 others I would put above Johnson. He is up top though. Phone Post
He wasn't born in GA, but I think he moved there with his mom shortly after he was born. Phone Post
11/25/12 9:12 PM
ronnieg80

There's a guy named Josh Neer from Des Moines, IA that needs to be considered and I believe Eric Koch might be in the running for Iowa as well.
11/25/12 9:13 PM
ronnieg80

Edited: 11/25/12 9:14 PM
IOWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11/25/12 9:20 PM
Mertvaya Ruka
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Quebec - Canada - Georges St-Pierre
11/25/12 9:24 PM
jake11

Rocky Marciano & Marvin Hagler
11/26/12 12:09 AM
Chromium
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

List is dumb in general, but more specifically Mike Easton was born and raised in Washington, DC. He was born in George Washington University Hospital (http://www.ufc.com/news/Fighting-Since-Birth-Mike-Easton-Has-Arrived) and raised in Anacostia (http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/out-and-about-dc/2011/aug/15/anacostia-native-fights-home/). He is DC born and raised. did not move to Maryland until he was about 17.

That being said, I do feel bad for Maryland. They have no actual representation on this list.
11/26/12 1:03 AM
blacksamurai

Another Foob -
blacksamurai - 
Another Foob - Re: FL - I like Alex Caceres as much as the next guy, but it's kinda crazy to put him ahead of Jonathan Brookins, considering he won the season of TUF they shared.

Assuming we don't count any of the guys at ATT or Blackzilians, I think Tom Lawlor or Ben Saunders would top the list. "Crazy Horse" is pretty good too. :)
Brookings is from Oregon i think one of his parents live in Ocala and he went to school in Missouri, and Tom is from RI... Phone Post

Ah, I didn't know that. As has been touched on, I guess it's hard to know what the criteria is for saying where a fighter is "from". I always make a note of fighters that are introduced as fighting "out of" Florida. As I recall, that's how Brookins and Lawlor were introduced on TUF. But, it really should depend on where the fighter considers themselves from, I guess.
I think Tom went to UCF, but i know he started out training with Paul Rodriguez, Ben, and Seth. I heard a rumor he tried to join up with Gracie Bara in Orlando, but they ran him off cause even with Babalus success in the UFC they weren't really feeling MMA until ATT really took off they more into annual contract having buttscooters lol... Phone Post
11/26/12 1:07 AM
blacksamurai

GSP'eedonmyface -
mmavixen -
Another Foob - Re: FL - I like Alex Caceres as much as the next guy, but it's kinda crazy to put him ahead of Jonathan Brookins, considering he won the season of TUF they shared.

Assuming we don't count any of the guys at ATT or Blackzilians, I think Tom Lawlor or Ben Saunders would top the list. "Crazy Horse" is pretty good too. :)

As much as I like Brookins as a person, I think Alex is way more gifted as an athlete and is a champion in the making if he makes the right decisions.  Everyone he trains with raves about him and how easily he picks up everything. I am also proud they chose him because he represents Miami. Anyway, I might also have gone with Ben Saunders.

But yeah, we have ATT and the Blackzilians here, so this list is based on where someone was born or where the live now?  In that case, we have Rashad, The Reem, the list is countless.

By that logic pat curran was born in Florida and I'd say he's way better than brookins or Bruce leroy Phone Post
What gym you train at lol? Brookins got awful stand up, but he is athletic imo he'd wrestle fuck your boy at 45 or 55 he is the 145 mixed version of Jon Fitch... Phone Post
11/26/12 1:09 AM
AbbottMary
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rampage!!
11/26/12 1:09 AM
Forrest Spliffn

Province. And it's rory Mac Phone Post
11/26/12 1:13 AM
blacksamurai

DeuceDroppin -
irishman84 -
SQUEEZIE - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Alpinestar - Cain should be representing Arizona, not Cruz.
Or Benson since he actually fights out of Arizona. Not sure how they determined "in your state" Phone Post

wow. they didnt determine that,u did. unless they changed it says "FROM your state". for your sake and a lot of other here i hope it did say "in your state" at first.even then if u couldnt figure out what was goin on then idk. that being said i def dont agree with some of the list at all

yup full retard status. They know exactly what the article was going for they're reaching because their state hasn't produced shit. lol @ some of these Floridians trying to claim the entire Blackzillian team. Those guys dont give a fuck about Florida and they damn sure aren't repping it
I don't give a fuck about the blackzillians. I pointed out that Alex isn't even the best guy in his own gym. Phone Post
Who does Bruce Leroy train with? Phone Post
11/26/12 5:20 AM
UGCTT_mousetrap
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kyle noke Phone Post
11/26/12 9:53 AM
DeuceDroppin

blacksamurai -
DeuceDroppin -
irishman84 -
SQUEEZIE - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
Alpinestar - Cain should be representing Arizona, not Cruz.
Or Benson since he actually fights out of Arizona. Not sure how they determined "in your state" Phone Post

wow. they didnt determine that,u did. unless they changed it says "FROM your state". for your sake and a lot of other here i hope it did say "in your state" at first.even then if u couldnt figure out what was goin on then idk. that being said i def dont agree with some of the list at all

yup full retard status. They know exactly what the article was going for they're reaching because their state hasn't produced shit. lol @ some of these Floridians trying to claim the entire Blackzillian team. Those guys dont give a fuck about Florida and they damn sure aren't repping it
I don't give a fuck about the blackzillians. I pointed out that Alex isn't even the best guy in his own gym. Phone Post
Who does Bruce Leroy train with? Phone Post
Zen BJJ and Young Tigers. Not sure if he's "crosstraining" anywhere else currently. Used to train with FFA. Phone Post
11/26/12 11:59 AM
YouCantHandleMyRiddum
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/26/12 11:59 AM

Province...

Quebec - Georges St-Pierre

11/26/12 12:00 PM
BearsDownAzzUp
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HUGHES
11/26/12 12:01 PM
Tom Lawlor
473 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Based on the criteria, I would be repping Mass, and Joe has a better resume than me.

If it goes by where you reside, the list would be way different across the board, and I'd probably get the RI nod based on my UFC experience. Phone Post
11/26/12 1:07 PM
vermonter
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey man... at least we don't have the worst fighter. Murphy is undefeated in pro bouts :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.