UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Urijah Faber vs. Vaughan Lee...lol

11/24/12 12:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BrettAwesome
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/12 12:32 PM

Good to see the UFC still giving favourable matchups. Hilarious mismatch, Lee is coming off a squash loss to Faber's teammate TJ Dillashaw too. Wonder if Faber gets gifted a #1 contender fight after winning this one?
11/24/12 12:34 PM
BaraoKix
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Faber needs to get back on the W train
11/24/12 12:37 PM
UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG!
859 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Serious? Phone Post
11/24/12 12:37 PM
Brigham
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its a business.

11/24/12 12:43 PM
Chris27

Whatever, Faber needs wins, you dont have alot of top BW contenders, you dont want to risk Faber beating any of them right now because he needs atleast three or four wins before he can get another title shot.

WHat card is this for? 156 or 157?

11/24/12 12:52 PM
epwar
552 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

After this win he will no doubt be ready for a title shot. ;-)

11/24/12 12:52 PM
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck... I like Vaughn Lee...

Faber by sub in the first. Unfortunately :( Phone Post
11/24/12 12:58 PM
UGCTT_Song2
900 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Props to Vaughn for taking it, but shit man I wonder what the betting line will be? Phone Post
UGCTT_Fraser_Finlay
224 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

explodin - Why? Phone Post
Faber needs a win.

Lee is expendable. I don't like it either... Phone Post
Don_Dada
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anyone really get surprised anymore? Joe Silva has been on the rock for a long time now. Urijah Favour indeed.
11/24/12 1:34 PM
Winston Wolf
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not sure if theres ever been a UFC fighter more favored than Faber
11/24/12 1:35 PM
Acidic

Don_Dada - Does anyone really get surprised anymore? Joe Silva has been on the rock for a long time now. Urijah Favour indeed.

Joe is a overrated shit match maker. For every good match and obvious match he makes there are 5 other shitty matches made. For fuck sake UFC on FOx 2 was just a prime example of how overrated he really is

11/24/12 1:38 PM
caposa
1798 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tthis is similar to the Phil Davis vs. Griggs fight they tried to throw together. Phil ended up facing Prado, which was also laughable. Sometimes they don't even bother trying to hide their squash matches.

11/24/12 1:44 PM
SpiritualElixir

Obviously you guys did not see VVaughn Lee's win over Kid Yamamoto. I got Uriah winning but don't sleep on Vaughn Lee and I say it will be competitive.

JustWatch Phone Post
11/24/12 1:50 PM
caposa
1798 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SpiritualElixir -  Obviously you guys did not see VVaughn Lee's win over Kid Yamamoto. I got Uriah winning but don't sleep on Vaughn Lee and I say it will be competitive.

JustWatch Phone Post

Nope pretty sure we saw it. Kid is a shell of his former self. Yes, Lee has a nice sub game but all you have to watch is his last fight against Dillashaw (Urijah's teammate) to see exactly what the UFC is trying to do with this fight. There is supposed to be order in a division. Faber just fought for the interim belt and has no business fighting a mid-lower tier fighter who is also coming off a loss. They are trying to get Faber a win, end of story.

11/24/12 1:50 PM
Loadin76
1213 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The question is.... Does Urijah get  a title shot with this win?

11/24/12 1:54 PM
Chris27

Who should he fight then?

Sometimes I dont think fans really look at the big picture. Here is a guy who has lost what, 5 title fights in a row or some shit, already had two BW shots.

Its probably the weakest div in the UFC minus Fly cause thats new, who should he fight?

Look who is already booked, who is available? Do you want Faber to fight Bowles again?

Cruz is out, Barao/Mayday are probably gonna fight, Pickett, Easton, Jorgensen have fights already, who is left?

No Torres, no Bibiano, no Tyson Nam, so who should he be fighting? And even if they did have someone like say Easton available do you want them to make that fight and possibly kill off one of the guys making a run at at title shot for Faber? If you do that then you cant even say shit when the UFC throws Faber into another title fight.

So its either give him a no name fight to get him back on track or throw him in with a contneder, dont know who and if he wins he is right back in the title mix which fans dont seem to like.

11/24/12 1:54 PM
And Wagners Cut

Don_Dada - Does anyone really get surprised anymore? Joe Silva has been on the rock for a long time now. Urijah Favour indeed.
Chad Mendes vs Cody Mckenzie springs to mind. Phone Post
11/24/12 1:56 PM
Evzey
85 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd fucking love it if he looses! Phone Post
11/24/12 1:57 PM
Chris27

Acidic - 
Don_Dada - Does anyone really get surprised anymore? Joe Silva has been on the rock for a long time now. Urijah Favour indeed.

Joe is a overrated shit match maker. For every good match and obvious match he makes there are 5 other shitty matches made. For fuck sake UFC on FOx 2 was just a prime example of how overrated he really is

Putting 6 top fighters, 2 number 1 contender fights makes him an overrated shit matchmaker?

I guess in these days a good matchmaker is setting up one sided fights so we see finishes, thats the definition of a great matchmaker.

Because Fox 5, 155, 156, Lomard/Palhares, GSot/Ross etc are just terribly matched cards/fights.

Oh no, fight went to a decision, shitty matchmaking by Joe Silva. There are times guys are booked, guys are hurt, you need to make some fights that arent great, it happens. Most of the time Joe Silva puts together great fights, its up to the fighters to deliver.
11/24/12 2:12 PM
Don_Dada
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I actually take back what i said about Joe Silva, i'm pretty sure Sean Shelby does the matchmaking for Featherweights and below.
11/24/12 2:22 PM
epwar
552 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris27 - Who should he fight then?

Sometimes I dont think fans really look at the big picture. Here is a guy who has lost what, 5 title fights in a row or some shit, already had two BW shots.

Its probably the weakest div in the UFC minus Fly cause thats new, who should he fight?

Look who is already booked, who is available? Do you want Faber to fight Bowles again?

Cruz is out, Barao/Mayday are probably gonna fight, Pickett, Easton, Jorgensen have fights already, who is left?

No Torres, no Bibiano, no Tyson Nam, so who should he be fighting? And even if they did have someone like say Easton available do you want them to make that fight and possibly kill off one of the guys making a run at at title shot for Faber? If you do that then you cant even say shit when the UFC throws Faber into another title fight.

So its either give him a no name fight to get him back on track or throw him in with a contneder, dont know who and if he wins he is right back in the title mix which fans dont seem to like.

He should be fighting a guy like Easton or Bryan Caraway, who is in the top 20.  Faber just came off a title fight loss and should be fighting a higher ranked opponent than a guy who isn't even ranked in the top 50.  That's a joke and an obvious sign of continued favoritism for The California Kid.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/bantamweight/

11/24/12 2:29 PM
ehumble
152 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

For those criticiizing Joe Silva: He didn't make this fight. Sean Shelby is the matchmaker for 145/135/125.

11/24/12 2:34 PM
UGCTT_SMASHED BY A BIG RIG!
859 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just checked and this fight is supposed to be for 156. Now it all makes sense....they just put this fight together so incase Aldo gets injured they'll just bump Faber to yet another interim title fight against Edgar. Anyone else see it go down like this? Phone Post
11/24/12 2:49 PM
raf_269
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it makes sense...as long as Urijah doesn't get a title shot after it.

On paper, this fight favors Faber obviously. I account that on a shallow division. We're used to seeing him in title fights or against better name fighters.

This fight just shows that he's moved to the back of the line and has to fight his way back in the mix with a few wins instead of his constant title shots that everyone hates.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.