UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Disappointed with how Strikeforce turned out

11/24/12 2:58 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1025 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

"I don't have anything to do with them" was a common response when reporters wanted to get UFC president Dan White's take on Strikeforce.

White recently, though, admitted he's disappointed with how things have turned out for the promotion.

"I am (disappointed)," White told a small group of reporters following the post-even news conference for UFC 154 in Montreal this past week. "I don't want to talk any s---, though. I could for about four hours. But I won't. It's not worth it."

TMZ recently reported that the Jan. 12 show would be Strikeforce's last. Zuffa officials have not confirmed that, and White stopped short of confirming it as well.

He simply reiterated that he always had been hopeful of what Zuffa might be able to do with Strikeforce, and disappointment with how things have transpired down the stretch with the pair of cancellations.

"Yeah, I was excited," White said. "You guys know that. I was really excited about it."

Read entire article...

11/24/12 3:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yellow wrkahlc
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No, he's not. The sooner it was over, the better it was for the UFC. Phone Post
11/24/12 3:16 PM
liquidrob
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol?
11/24/12 3:17 PM
SamboMMA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL@ Dana's bullshit again.We knew right away what Zuffa's plans for Strikeforce were when the Press Conference for the first Zuffa run SF show had ZERO Press.

I swear who does he think he's fooling with this nonsense?
11/24/12 3:19 PM
Malvert the Janitor
781 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I understand the need for feeder leagues but, truthfully, I'm more excited to have the Strikeforce talent under the UFC banner. Phone Post
11/24/12 3:31 PM
MisterHawkeMMA
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I 100% believe him. Dana is a business man... and it'd of been great business to own your competition. Showtime really dropped the ball on this one. Strikeforce wasn't only going to be a feeder league, it was going to be a place where guys who didn't make sense to be in the UFC could showcase. Remember, he tried to make Penn vs. Melendez a while ago. That'd of been an awesome fight.

11/24/12 3:40 PM
MisterHawkeMMA
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at getting voted down for agreeing with Dana. Forget that the guy that has done the most for our sport is also the guy the public hates the most. Smh
11/24/12 3:41 PM
SkooterFanForLife
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I don't get it. We hijacked their biggest stars, ruined the hw tourney, ended the hw division, canceled two shows in a row, and treated them like a basement dwelling stepchild. I am so disappointed."
11/24/12 3:42 PM
GelderdEnd

It's just PRIDE all over again, he knew how it would turn out Phone Post
11/24/12 3:44 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what happend to the HW GP again?
11/24/12 3:45 PM
UGCTT_ Lay'n'PrayNINJA

inb4DFWjrlaysdownthelaw :)

11/24/12 3:45 PM
TartanTopTeamSextoy#2

Lol he knew from day one what they wanted to do when they bought strikeforce Phone Post
11/24/12 3:48 PM
Gortcho
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol at Dan White. He looks like a Dana now that i think of it Phone Post
11/24/12 3:54 PM
Hungry4Stink
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Business as usual.
11/24/12 4:06 PM
KZTT_JonJones'sPublicist
111 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gould have folded it right away instead of dragging it on. I'm glad it's almost over with. Bring on some new super fights. Phone Post
11/24/12 4:07 PM
Malvert the Janitor
781 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ObamaCare -
Malvert the Janitor -  I understand the need for feeder leagues but, truthfully, I'm more excited to have the Strikeforce talent under the UFC banner. Phone Post

what a shill. 

most of the SF fighters will have to go back to fighting local shows 

It's just an opinion, my man. Nothing more. Phone Post
11/24/12 4:13 PM
timmyboy1233
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub Phone Post
11/24/12 4:15 PM
Ondz
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Big fish eats little fish.

It's easy to blame the UFC here, but the people that owned Strikeforce before them were the ones making the decision to sell.

I feel sorry for the fighters that didn't make it over to the UFC though.
11/24/12 4:17 PM
whatamess

at one point strikeforce was actually "better" than the ufc, but they also had terrible luck with injuries.
11/24/12 4:23 PM
itskrisdude
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/24/12 4:22 PM
Laughable sentiments from White.

To suggest Zuffa didn't have the rescources or knowledge to sustain Strikeforce is absurd. Dana knows how to promote an MMA brand, nothing about Strikeforce was suddenly insurmountable or beyond his abilities.

Zuffa simply didn't see the project being worth the time or energy, and they should just say so.
11/24/12 4:28 PM
DanteHec
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol come on everyone knows the truth. What bothers me is the fighters not making money because its a good business move to slowly kill Strikeforce. Just merge it already give these guys fights. Phone Post
11/24/12 4:30 PM
Bofbro
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Strikeforce events just before Zuffa got involved were alot better than what the UFC were putting out at the time.

Threat destroyed.

11/24/12 4:31 PM
slumdog

Or is he...? Phone Post
11/24/12 4:33 PM
itskrisdude
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You create an over-populated roster when you simply merge the two companies. There's not enough events to get all these guys fighting regularly.

At some point they're going to have to do something to remedy the issue. The talent grows along with the sport, and the sheer numbers will need to be accomodated.
11/24/12 4:41 PM
Rear Naked Chode
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hungry4Stink - Business as usual.

Pretty much, I'm sure he said something similar about pride. As a business man I'm sure it's in his best interest but it sucks from a fan perspective.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.