UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> STUDENT SEIZURE DURING CLASS!

11/24/12 3:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knowledge is power,preparation and prevention.This morning as I'm teaching the kids ,12 year old girl started acting unresponsive to commands.As I approached her eyes gave me alarm,and I knew she was going to convulse and have a seizure.I'vee been teaching 24 years now with previous Law Enforcement and Military background,I've had the typical injuries,but never In front of kids.I THANK GOD for giving me the experience to help this young girl survive.GET FIRST AID CERTIFIED AND DEFIB. AT YOUR SCHOOLS!Pass the Knowledge.Peace
11/24/12 3:59 PM
Ronald McDojo
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You used the AED on her?
11/24/12 5:33 PM
Kings21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Knowledge is power. Elaborate. When someone is having a seizure arent you supposed to just let it happen and try to keep their head from bouncing off the floor or smacking into things?
11/24/12 5:58 PM
kid chaos
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kings21 - Knowledge is power. Elaborate. When someone is having a seizure arent you supposed to just let it happen and try to keep their head from bouncing off the floor or smacking into things?
Pretty much, then recovery position after they have "settled".

Right? Phone Post
11/24/12 5:58 PM
kid chaos
221 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

kid chaos -
Kings21 - Knowledge is power. Elaborate. When someone is having a seizure arent you supposed to just let it happen and try to keep their head from bouncing off the floor or smacking into things?
Pretty much, then recovery position after they have "settled".

Right? Phone Post
And of course call paramedics Phone Post
11/24/12 6:20 PM
MoBeffah
250 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yup just monitor. Pad the head. Don't put anything near their mouth as their jaw will clench down. Recovery position is so the tongue doesn't fall back into the throat and prevent breathing. Phone Post
11/24/12 6:40 PM

^Yes Moniter eyes and motor function early signs.She was standing and saw the signs I caught her before she seized.MoBeffah on point. She stopped breathing for few seconds,thats when I got scared.She's home now :)Definitely call 911.
11/24/12 6:42 PM

ps No AED unless no pulse
11/24/12 6:42 PM
Brock Lobster
109 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This happened in English class back in high school a couple years ago. This girl started seizuring and fell out of her desk and hit her head super hard. Was pretty a scary situation. We put her on her side and one of her best friends put banana on her lips. She said the potassium is supposed to help or something like that. Phone Post
11/24/12 8:19 PM
Kings21
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

672 - ^Yes Moniter eyes and motor function early signs.She was standing and saw the signs I caught her before she seized.MoBeffah on point. She stopped breathing for few seconds,thats when I got scared.She's home now :)Definitely call 911.

I had a gf who developed a seizure disorder and she'd be standing there (or sitting) and just drop. I think a couple times I was able to see it in her eyes before it happened. Definitely some scary shit. She also stopped breathing multiple times and I had to perform CPR on her, assuming because of what MoBeffah stated (who knew? boy scout training from when i was 12 years old came in handy). But yea I pretty much was just told after the first one that if she had more that i basically was just to try to move her away from furniture and brace her head just enough to keep it from bouncing off the floor but not to hold it in place.

Anyways, glad to hear that the girl is back home and safe.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.