UnderGround Forums

Boxing UnderGround >> Ricky Hatton Beaten

11/24/12 6:08 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Topsyjt
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taken from BBC NEWS website

Oh now, the dream is over. Ricky Hatton is flat out on the canvas after being floored by a crushing shot to the body. Senchenko wins with a ninth round stoppage. After a worrying couple of minutes on the canvas, he raises himself to his feet and is cheered by the crowd. He is still their hero, but surely that is the last time we see him in the ring? Phone Post
11/24/12 6:09 PM
Topsyjt
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/20468589
Here is the News link guys. Phone Post
11/24/12 6:27 PM
Mclay won my SN
355 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should have took an easier fight IMO,8 rounder to get his new skills up and running.He was still toooo open and not using angles and just walking forward.The shot that dropped him was a peach,fair play sabchenko.Im absolutely gutted for the hitman though.Maybe it's time to hang them up Mr hatton,you will forever be a legend. Phone Post
11/24/12 6:29 PM
Mclay won my SN
355 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was cringing when he was throwing those big lefts as well and missing by miles,part of me wants him to fight again and win for his redemption and the sensible part of me is sayin you have been champ twice Ricky,enough is enough. Phone Post
11/24/12 6:29 PM
LordSeano
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shit he came out of retirement as he had spiralled into depression after the two stoppages.

This won't help Phone Post
11/24/12 6:44 PM
Mclay won my SN

LordSeano - Shit he came out of retirement as he had spiralled into depression after the two stoppages.

This won't help Phone Post
He's gonna need a strong circle of family/friends to keep him sane now like. Phone Post
11/24/12 6:47 PM
U4EA
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't like to say it, but that guy is a suicide waiting to happen. I have never seen a fighter so totally destroyed by a loss. If someone had handed him a gun in the post-fight interview, he would have ended it right there.

Youth is gone and time has moved along. If he can get his head sorted, it certainly won't be boxing that will do it for him.
11/24/12 8:36 PM
Mclay won my SN

He's just announced his retirement,I hope he can be happy now. Phone Post
11/25/12 1:06 AM
HayemakeredByHaye
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

:-(
11/25/12 5:12 AM
Chappie
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not the wisest decision on Hatton's behalf to take a fight like that after spending 3 plus years away from the sport. Ricky's offense looked decent, but his defense was horrible from round 1 on. Similar to U4EA, I am a little fearful for Hatton's safety after watching the post fight interview and taking into account his recent history and references to having suicidal thoughts. Hopefully, someone close to him can tell him that at the end of the day that boxing is only a sport and that he has lots things to be proud of and that he should be insanely happy about the large amounts of money that the sport of boxing has enabled him to make. Phone Post
11/25/12 10:54 AM
Topsyjt

Mclay won my SN - Should have took an easier fight IMO,8 rounder to get his new skills up and running.He was still toooo open and not using angles and just walking forward.The shot that dropped him was a peach,fair play sabchenko.Im absolutely gutted for the hitman though.Maybe it's time to hang them up Mr hatton,you will forever be a legend. Phone Post
He needed a challenge to get him motivated. This was a 50/50 bout. Props to Hatton for not taken an easy 8rnd win. Hope he was put the demons to
Rest. Phone Post
11/25/12 10:55 AM
Topsyjt

Mclay won my SN - He's just announced his retirement,I hope he can be happy now. Phone Post
Same. Great British sport mans. Great ambassador for British boxing. Phone Post
11/26/12 3:32 PM
pharochuck
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
U4EA - Don't like to say it, but that guy is a suicide waiting to happen. I have never seen a fighter so totally destroyed by a loss. If someone had handed him a gun in the post-fight interview, he would have ended it right there.

Youth is gone and time has moved along. If he can get his head sorted, it certainly won't be boxing that will do it for him.

unfortunately you might be correct. i look to see him spiral out of control before the end of 2013. wish he would keep going, seems like he has a serious void in his life

11/26/12 3:38 PM
LordSeano
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Have you seen the post-fight press conference. He was on the verge of tears and looked a total mess
11/26/12 4:23 PM
Topsyjt

LordSeano - Have you seen the post-fight press conference. He was on the verge of tears and looked a total mess
I watched it. Hopefully it's 12weeks of emotion (disappointment too) not the start of a spiral to hell. Fingers crossed guys. Phone Post
11/26/12 5:31 PM
U4EA
137 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The thing with Hatton is he has a very close family, a son he loves dearly and a girlfriend he loves dearly. Yet none of this seems to make any difference to him. It's not like he has other areas in his life he need to sort out.

I don't see how he can hold himself together, but I hope he gets himself sorted. But, right now, it seems that getting back a world title was his only way out of his depression and he has just been totally destroyed by an average fighter with little power.
11/28/12 8:09 PM
Topsyjt

U4EA - The thing with Hatton is he has a very close family, a son he loves dearly and a girlfriend he loves dearly. Yet none of this seems to make any difference to him. It's not like he has other areas in his life he need to sort out.

I don't see how he can hold himself together, but I hope he gets himself sorted. But, right now, it seems that getting back a world title was his only way out of his depression and he has just been totally destroyed by an average fighter with little power.
Good points made sir.
Only time will tell. Phone Post
11/30/12 6:49 PM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
285 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sadly I hope he fights once more.

Give him a soft touch.

Pack the place once more, let them cheer, give Ricky the best chance to go out a winner.

It could save his life. Phone Post
11/30/12 10:18 PM
judomf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The problem with RH is simply that he was never as good as he was made out to be, and lost all his 'big' fights, with the exception of beating up an old Kostya Tzyu (and he got away with a lot of foul play in that fight).

His unrealistic expectations contributed to his downfall. If he had of gone to the US earlier in his career and beaten credible contenders instead of beating up schmucks in the UK in order to protect and inflated record, then he would have been better prepared for Mayweather, etc.

I don't know about suicide, but i can see him descending into drug and alcohol abuse again ...
12/1/12 2:54 AM
LordSeano

judomf - The problem with RH is simply that he was never as good as he was made out to be, and lost all his 'big' fights, with the exception of beating up an old Kostya Tzyu (and he got away with a lot of foul play in that fight).

His unrealistic expectations contributed to his downfall. If he had of gone to the US earlier in his career and beaten credible contenders instead of beating up schmucks in the UK in order to protect and inflated record, then he would have been better prepared for Mayweather, etc.

I don't know about suicide, but i can see him descending into drug and alcohol abuse again ...
Yeah you are right. I mean its not as if he was the ring champion at 140, a two weight champion and beat the likes of phillips, casillas, malignaggi, a not at all past it tszyu and a whole host of 140 contenders only to lose to the two greatest p4p fighters of this generation.

99.9% of fighters would die for that career Phone Post
12/1/12 6:11 AM
U4EA

LordSeano - 
judomf - The problem with RH is simply that he was never as good as he was made out to be, and lost all his 'big' fights, with the exception of beating up an old Kostya Tzyu (and he got away with a lot of foul play in that fight).

Yeah you are right. I mean its not as if he was the ring champion at 140, a two weight champion and beat the likes of phillips, casillas, malignaggi, a not at all past it tszyu and a whole host of 140 contenders only to lose to the two greatest p4p fighters of this generation.

99.9% of fighters would die for that career Phone Post

This.

BTW, I think it's time that the world drops the "Hatton got away with so much rough tactics against Tszyu". If you want to complain about rough tactics, you want to check out Tszyu vs Mitchell I.
12/1/12 7:46 AM
HayemakeredByHaye
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Its a pity Hatton wasn't allowed to even hit mayweather without the ref interfering. If he had been given the same leeway he was against Tzyu he could have beaten him. He certainly wouldn't have been stopped. Never the same after that loss
12/2/12 5:20 PM
PoundforPound
160 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/02/12 5:20 PM
HayemakeredByHaye - Its a pity Hatton wasn't allowed to even hit mayweather without the ref interfering. If he had been given the same leeway he was against Tzyu he could have beaten him.

Let's not get delusional here.
12/3/12 3:07 PM
pharochuck
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts LLC, Moderator
HayemakeredByHaye - Its a pity Hatton wasn't allowed to even hit mayweather without the ref interfering. If he had been given the same leeway he was against Tzyu he could have beaten him. He certainly wouldn't have been stopped. Never the same after that loss
Mayweather, regardless of how you feel about his personality and all that has lived in the gym his entire life. The rough stuff doesn't really bother him. Only thing being allowed to be rougher would have done was pissed mayweather off and caused him to step up the attack sooner Phone Post
12/3/12 4:11 PM
HayemakeredByHaye

pharochuck - 
HayemakeredByHaye - Its a pity Hatton wasn't allowed to even hit mayweather without the ref interfering. If he had been given the same leeway he was against Tzyu he could have beaten him. He certainly wouldn't have been stopped. Never the same after that loss
Mayweather, regardless of how you feel about his personality and all that has lived in the gym his entire life. The rough stuff doesn't really bother him. Only thing being allowed to be rougher would have done was pissed mayweather off and caused him to step up the attack sooner Phone Post

I disagree. He has been dominating people in the gym his whole life. Its been a long time since Floyd would have had to deal with anyone roughing him up in the gym. He calls the shots and is used to having things his own way.

Zab Judah getting rough and the ensuing melee clearly Rattled Mayweather and he has admitted as much himself.When everyone else was in the ring fighting he didnt move from the corner and at one point sitting in his corner looked like a scared little boy. Afterwards , in between rounds he was touching gloves and hugging Judah. wtf?! He didnt get mad and step it up, he retreated into his shell and tried to placate Judah.

Mayweather is a better boxer than Hatton. Doesnt change the fact that Hatton was practically fighting two men with Cortez as ref. Floyd was allowed to stick his elbow in Hattons face as much as he wanted, largely got away with holding while Hatton was being constantly harassed by Cortez and even deducted a point for hitting the back of the head when Floyd purposely turned his back!!

Any fighter facing Floyd has a hard enough task ahead of then without the extra hassle of a biased ref. If Hatton was given the leeway he was against Tzyu I cant see how there is any question he would have given Floyd more of a test.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.