UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> GSP fans: What WW would make you the most nervous?

11/24/12 6:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DaemonDragon
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To the hardcore fans of GSP - if you could magically make GSP forever avoid a fight with a certain WW, because that WW scares you, which WW would it be? Which WW would make you the most nervous?

If I were a GSP fan, I think Ellenberger and Hendricks would be the guys I'd least want to face. Jake has huge power and greatly improved TDD (only taken down once in the UFC, when he was going crazy trying to finish Condit). Hendricks has good wrestling (although his MMA wrestling doesn't quite seem to match his amateur pedigree) and also has big power.

Jake is the more varied striker, his knees are very dangerous as well while Johny only has boxing. But Hendricks is a southpaw which makes a jab-centric strategy more difficult for GSP to implement, and might also make it harder for GSP to hit his renowned double leg.

Both Jake and Johny would pose a huge threat the first 2 rounds IMO (though I think past round 2, they'd gas out relative to GSP's near infinite cardio, and be much less dangerous).

I'd give honorable mentions to Nate Marquardt and to a lesser extent, Nick Diaz.
11/24/12 6:33 PM
Brock Lobster
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm not a hardcore fan of his but I think Nick and Marquardt are his biggest threats, with Nate having a slightly better chance of beating him. I have a feeling both the Ellenberger and Hendricks fights look exactly like Koscheck vs GSP. Phone Post
11/24/12 6:34 PM
Taste It
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate Marquardt would be my answer, big strong WW, KO power witha very agreesive fast style and varies his strikes well. Also very good on the ground. Scary fight for any WW
11/24/12 6:35 PM
whatamess
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hes the best WW in the world
maybe nate
11/24/12 6:36 PM
Washed Up

GSP will never fight Nate... I'd have to say Diaz and Hendricks.
11/24/12 6:36 PM
inf0
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nate Marquardt? Are you fucking serious?

GSP destroys him. What has Nate ever accomplished in MMA to make you even think for a second he'd be a challenge?

11/24/12 6:37 PM
Malvert the Janitor
842 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone post the video of GSP and Nate M wrestling...

That fight would look just like Georges' last, IMO. Phone Post
11/24/12 6:39 PM
Winston Wolf

id like to see the video
11/24/12 6:39 PM
CLINTK9
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

theres none.

Diaz, Hendricks, Nate, Maia, can pose some challenges and maybe get a win. but mostly likley GSP takes them all.
11/24/12 6:41 PM
Taste It
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

inf0 - 

GSP destroys him. What has Nate ever accomplished in MMA to make you even think for a second he'd be a challenge?

Yeah nothing except for challenging AS for the MW title and being a perennial contender his entire UFC career and winning the SF belt I guess nothing....
11/24/12 6:45 PM
Kimbos Bread
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maia Phone Post
11/24/12 6:47 PM
mikegli
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always thought Kampmann would be an interesting fight.
11/24/12 6:48 PM
inf0
301 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taste It - 
inf0 - 

Yeah nothing except for challenging AS for the MW title and being a perennial contender his entire UFC career and winning the SF belt I guess nothing....

Exactly, nothing.

11/24/12 6:53 PM
Taste It

inf0 - 
Taste It - 
inf0 - 

Exactly, nothing.

At the very least by definition those are things....they are also impressive and you're a cunt
11/24/12 6:55 PM
inf0

I'm the cunt yet you're resorting to name-calling over a peaceful discussion. Oh the irony.

11/24/12 6:57 PM
Taste It

Have you ever tried not being a cunt...hmm have you twat face?
11/24/12 6:57 PM
inf0

full derp

11/24/12 6:59 PM
Taste It

Cool man use a deragatory term for tards real mature Cunts McGee
11/24/12 6:59 PM
inf0

I'm not the one named Taste It.. I hear you came up with that name after your Dad fucked your ass so hard, you could Taste it.

11/24/12 7:02 PM
Daverr

Diaz or marquardt
11/24/12 7:02 PM
JerseyShoreTapTeam

Hendricks

LOL at anyone thinking Diaz would provide any kind of threat to GSP. Just LOL. Name one good wrestler Diaz has ever beaten. One. Please.
11/24/12 7:04 PM
Taste It

Wow man whats with the hostility no wonder people think your such a cunt...
11/24/12 7:05 PM
inf0

Taste It - Wow man whats with the hostility no wonder people think your such a cunt...

**you're

11/24/12 7:11 PM
Lil P

Lol Gsp would hold Nate down and rape him on the ground just like Chael did. I would say power wise Hendricks is his biggest threat and style wise Diaz is clearly his biggest threat
11/24/12 7:15 PM
Pancake Syrup
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No one giving Rory a chance? Hendricksand Rory are 1 and 2 right now imo

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.