UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Diaz vs Hendricks = Win Win for UFC

11/24/12 7:04 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brock Lobster
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With all the talk about how Diaz hasn't fought a wrestler in 6 years and a lot of people on the UG saying Hendricks needs one more win to get a shot I think this is the best matchup for UFC to make. I know they don't usually make people coming off a win fight a person coming off a loss but hear me out. We all know Dana wants GSP-Silva so lets hypothetically say that happens Feb/March, that leaves the welterweight title on hold until at least next summer. Make this fight and it will either A) Give Hendricks the credibility needed to warrant a title shot (excuse Jones/Sonnen) or B) Prove Diaz can hang with a great wrestler in 2013. Diaz needs a comeback fight because as much as I'd like to see it, he doesn't deserve an instant title shot even if his last loss was controversial to some. There would be a legit #1 contender for the title and they could make that title fight around summer. UFC makes a fight that appeals to the fans, they don't have a great welterweight sitting on the sidelines for a year again, and it clears up the small jam at welterweight. Win win for UFC. I know, cool story bro. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.