UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Sakara Should have Just SLAMMED Cote...

11/26/12 4:29 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually, isnt this the 2nd fight for Cote that he's lost in controversial fashion? He kinda got spiked against Belcher leading to a TKO.
11/26/12 4:39 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cjlom21 - I remember being excited for Fedor fights knowing its gonna be a epic war and god knows what will happen.

but now you can bet your house on GSP winning by 5 round decision.

so hard to win 5 round decision when your diving for a takedown second dude throws a punch and take ur HGH and hold the dude down for life of you.

LOL GO MMA, Oops i mean "ULTIMATE FIGHTING IN A CAGE YOU CAN HOLD"

Funniest training technique in MMA

"CAGE CONTROL, HOLD HIM HENDO, HOLD EM ON THAT CAGE BRO"

So were you disappointed when 3 of Fedor's biggest fights in Pride went to decisions?
11/26/12 4:40 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

Edited: 11/26/12 4:39 PM
Or are you just still butt-hurt about Henderson knocking out Fedor?
11/26/12 4:41 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

Wasa-B - Actually, isnt this the 2nd fight for Cote that he's lost in controversial fashion? He kinda got spiked against Belcher leading to a TKO.

Belcher dropped him on his face.

http://i44.tinypic.com/20sya8o.jpg
11/26/12 4:52 PM
random_muppett
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheComedian -
Sex Chicken - 

You are a horrible comedian and it's Watchmen.

You're a fucking idiot and clown. Your posts routinely suck cock and you come onto a thread that is about a legitimate issue and you say something stupid and think what? That you're clever?

GTFO moron...
Sex Chicken is one of my favourite posters.

He's one funny mutherfucker. Phone Post
11/26/12 5:52 PM
Diesel67
59 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheComedian - 
Billytk - What he should have done is follow the rules and NOT thrown 10+ illegal shots to the back of the head then we wouldn't have to listen to him whine

I have a great question for you:

Why is that rule in place?

Is it there for the safety of the fighters? Can't imagine that's the reason, since it's perfectly legal and okeuy-dokey to SMASH the back of a guy's head on the ground until he's unconscious.

So why is it there then? Just so people have to follow it?

I don't know. Please help me out here and explain it to me...

The rule is in place to placate politicians and soccer moms. Give us back manly fighting.
11/26/12 5:56 PM
Wasa-B
286 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Got a tough time thinking politicians and moms have any clue between getting hit in the head/face and the back of the head.

If anything is illegal because of bad PR, its soccer kicks.

Back of the head is also illegal in boxing, no? Coincedence?
11/26/12 6:38 PM
UGCTT Private First Class America
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced -
Wasa-B - Actually, isnt this the 2nd fight for Cote that he's lost in controversial fashion? He kinda got spiked against Belcher leading to a TKO.

Belcher dropped him on his face.

http://i44.tinypic.com/20sya8o.jpg
Phone Post
11/26/12 10:22 PM
TheComedian

youarewhatiswrong - Show me where I called you a name (other than your screenname.)

You unraveled nothing, but made specious assertions that can't be proved or disproved here. That show you reference is a joke, and does nothing to prove the pressure that the brain stem/atlas/axis are actually subjected to.

Nobody is going to come to any conclusion here, this is stupid, you're wasting everyone's time.

You're a horrible comedian, and it's "Watchmen."

I made specious claims? Like what? Did Dale Earnhardt die of a heart attack? Or was his neck broken, just as you described, by WHIPLASH?

Are you saying that getting the lower portion of the back of your head SMASHED onto the canvas can't break your neck?

Are you saying that just the whiplash of a slam can't break your neck?

Are you still trying to pretend that punching someone on the back of the head is SO much more dangerous than a slam (like the ones I posted) that the slam should be legal and the punches illegal?

I don't know how long you've been watching MMA but maybe you remember (or you can watch it here: http://mma-gifs.tumblr.com/post/26908747378/ufc-19-frank-shamrock-vs-igor-zinoviev) Frank Shamrock's slam on Igor Zinoviev. Guess what happened to Igor.......his neck got broken and he retired.

Now please name ANY mma fighter who EVER got his neck broken by punches to the back of the head. Shooto let them be legal all the way until around 2007-8, so you have plenty of fights to choose from... Good luck and report back soon!
11/26/12 10:30 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

Zinoviev's neck was not broken.
11/26/12 10:31 PM
TheComedian

MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - Zinoviev's neck was not broken.

All reports indicated that Igor's neck was cracked and he left MMA to be a full time bouncer. Please point me to articles that say otherwise.
11/26/12 10:32 PM
TheComedian

I'm seeing collarbone on Wikipedia but a cracked vertebrae is what the story was for more than a decade.
11/26/12 10:39 PM
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced

TheComedian - 
MinnowInaMankiniGotAced - Zinoviev's neck was not broken.

All reports indicated that Igor's neck was cracked and he left MMA to be a full time bouncer. Please point me to articles that say otherwise.

What reports?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Zinoviev

"Shamrock took Zinoviev down with a powerful slam that knocked him unconscious and broke his collarbone, finishing his fighting career"

http://mma.sbnation.com/2011/7/27/2298508/igor-zinoviev-the-houdini-who-broke-bjjs-spell

"Shamrock slammed Igor unconscious, shattered his collar bone and ended his career all in 22 seconds. "

http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=a00072

"The collarbone (clavicle) is located between the ribcage (sternum) and the shoulder blade (scapula), and it connects the arm to the body."

"A broken collarbone is also known as a clavicle fracture. This is a very common fracture that occurs in people of all ages."

Your clavicle is not your neck, and not really that serious of an injury.

Saying Zinoviev had a broken or "cracked" neck is kind of like Tito's fractured skull.

More...

http://www.villagevoice.com/2003-07-08/news/from-russia-with-bare-knuckles/

"Nagging injuries and management problems have kept Zinoviev from mounting a full-scale return to the fight game. "

No broken neck. That slam did fuck him up though.
11/27/12 2:28 PM
TheComedian

Yes it did. My bad if it didn't actually crack his vertebrae as I had read often, but my points still stand.
11/27/12 2:55 PM
Olive Garden Table For One
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OP and cjlom21 know whats up

11/27/12 5:06 PM
youarewhatiswrong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheComedian - Yes it did. My bad if it didn't actually crack his vertebrae as I had read often, but my points still stand.

I wouldn't call a broken collarbone life threatening.
11/27/12 5:22 PM
TheComedian

youarewhatiswrong - 
TheComedian - Yes it did. My bad if it didn't actually crack his vertebrae as I had read often, but my points still stand.

Keep pretending what you said actually makes sense. I hear that's an excellent way to go through life...
11/27/12 5:35 PM
youarewhatiswrong
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheComedian - 
youarewhatiswrong - 

Keep pretending what you said actually makes sense. I hear that's an excellent way to go through life...

Pot, meet kettle.
11/27/12 11:40 PM
TheComedian

youarewhatiswrong - 
TheComedian - 
youarewhatiswrong - 

Pot, meet kettle.

No. I answered your response. You didn't answer anything outside of making little snide remarks. Here are my comments to you that you have avoided:

- I made specious claims? Like what? Did Dale Earnhardt die of a heart attack? Or was his neck broken, just as you described, by WHIPLASH?

- Are you saying that getting the lower portion of the back of your head SMASHED onto the canvas can't break your neck?

- Are you saying that just the whiplash of a slam can't break your neck?

- Are you still trying to pretend that punching someone on the back of the head is SO much more dangerous than a slam (like the ones I posted) that the slam should be legal and the punches illegal?

So either answer these points or just STFU already and stop acting like a child...
11/28/12 6:13 PM
pattitude
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/28/12 6:35 PM
During a slam you have the opportunity to let go of your opponent, put your hand out (usually a horrible idea)or protect your head. You do not have that opportunity (with the same efficacy) when you are being punched repeatedly in the back of the head.

I've been slammed before and when it happened, I knew it was coming. I've also been rabbit punched repeatedly and vigorously before. In one instance I had time to react, in the other and had almost no time react.

Those illegal punches from Sakara were sickening. I'll take the slam any day over that illicit barrage of strikes.

In addition, the impact of most slams is mitigated by the shoulders of the recipient. Strikes to the back of the head are focused on the most vulnerable part of the head.
11/29/12 12:17 AM
TheComedian

pattitude - During a slam you have the opportunity to let go of your opponent, put your hand out (usually a horrible idea)or protect your head. You do not have that opportunity (with the same efficacy) when you are being punched repeatedly in the back of the head.

I've been slammed before and when it happened, I knew it was coming. I've also been rabbit punched repeatedly and vigorously before. In one instance I had time to react, in the other and had almost no time react.

Those illegal punches from Sakara were sickening. I'll take the slam any day over that illicit barrage of strikes.

In addition, the impact of most slams is mitigated by the shoulders of the recipient. Strikes to the back of the head are focused on the most vulnerable part of the head.

Your shoulders CREATE the whiplash that is possibly the most dangerous part of the slam. They don't mitigate it by absorbing anything. Putting your arms back to try and mitigate a slam has resulted in tons of sever, career threatening elbow and should injuries for many fighters and can, more often than not, lead to a fighter getting accidentally spiked (like Bader vs. Rampage) instead of helping the situation.

Shooto allowed back of the head shots for what? 15, 17 years? I do not remember hearing of anyone who was severely injured during that time.
11/29/12 1:04 AM
pattitude
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

With most slams, the shoulders - not the head- take the brunt of the blow because the upper part of the body is landing at the same time.

This is why you don't see many KOs or spikes at NCAA wrestling tournaments.

Slams happen repeatedly in those tournaments. KOs and spikes don't.
11/29/12 5:57 AM
Olive Garden Table For One
92 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

shoulda give him a WWE piledriver

11/29/12 6:13 AM
GrilliamG
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TheComedian - 
pattitude - During a slam you have the opportunity to let go of your opponent, put your hand out (usually a horrible idea)or protect your head. You do not have that opportunity (with the same efficacy) when you are being punched repeatedly in the back of the head.

Your shoulders CREATE the whiplash that is possibly the most dangerous part of the slam. They don't mitigate it by absorbing anything. Putting your arms back to try and mitigate a slam has resulted in tons of sever, career threatening elbow and should injuries for many fighters and can, more often than not, lead to a fighter getting accidentally spiked (like Bader vs. Rampage) instead of helping the situation.

Shooto allowed back of the head shots for what? 15, 17 years? I do not remember hearing of anyone who was severely injured during that time.

So these types of slams should be banned because they have resulted in, "tons of sever, career threatening elbow and should injuries for many fighters and can, more often than not, lead to a fighter getting accidentally spiked".

Aren't fighters at risk for these types of injuries during normal, 100% legal slams? And power double legs? What about pattitude's point regarding the ability to protect your head, does that not warrant a response?
11/29/12 6:23 AM
Roy Batty
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Landing on a flat surface is not the same sensation as having knuckles driven into ones brain stem -- think about the difference in psi.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.