UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Guerrero-Berto - WOW

11/25/12 5:55 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HenryO
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

HBO boxing has not disappointed since I got HBO a couple years ago, it's pretty much free as Jefferson said and consistent great fights with top fighters. Cotto is on Showtime next week though which is putting on some nice cards too
11/25/12 6:41 PM
Jericco

Too much clinching, I was bored.
11/25/12 6:47 PM
HenryO

Jericco - Too much clinching, I was bored.

jokes
11/25/12 8:41 PM
NiteProwleR
1194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Donaire hasn't fought yet, don't be frontin'
11/25/12 8:49 PM
Chris27

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  HBO has KILLED it this year.

Amazing fights for free (yes HBO is premium but you buy the service for movies, True Blood, Treme, etc and boxing is in addition to all other programming).

Berto-Guerrero was brutal, neither man gassed and it remained highly skilled.

MMA and boxing are apples and oranges but right now boxing has been sweet and MMA bitter with constant injuries and major PPV bouts like Faber-Barao and Bonnar-Silva.

Bonnar-Silva in boxing wouldn't have been PPV.

It would have had to be HBO Championship boxing level.

Cotto-Trout is coming up for FREE on HBO as well.

If it were UFC, a guy like Cotto would ALWAYS be PPV.

Boxing is delivering.

What's really dumb was the move to put UFC on FOX vs Pacquiao-Marquez.

It's a GREAT UFC card but Pacquiao-Marquez is going to be amazing given their 3 bouts prior and Manny draws big numbers.

But I guess boxing is dead. Phone Post

So there were no good UFC events this year?

Bonnar/Silva type fight in boxing wouldnt have been on PPV cause nobody would buy it yet UFC 153 did like 400k buys.

Think about that, probably teh biggest fight in a while not involving Manny or Floyd happened this year in boxing, JCC/SM and that only did like 460k.

Also Cotto/Trout is on Showtime not HBO.

And the UFC on Fox card is stacked and honestly I see no buzz for Manny/JMM. It should do decent numbers but I'll bet anything this wont hit a mill, not at all. The first fights were good but the last fight everyone thought was a robbery, Manny just took an L his last fight, a bullshit decision but I think alot of hype for Manny is dying down.

MMA did have a tough year but looking ahead, shit the next two months in mma is better than anything in boxing imo and I'm a huge fan of both.

2 great free cards, actual free cards, 155 156 are stacked PPV.
11/25/12 8:57 PM
salyer36
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fight of the Year, IMHO.

Yes, I saw the Rios fight.
11/26/12 12:56 AM
ElChupaNibre
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/26/12 1:00 AM
<blockquote>lueng jon - Lasr weeks Donaire Vs Marquez is Potential FOTY as well.</blockquote>
Donaire's last fight was with Nishioka and it sucked.
11/26/12 1:23 AM
Kneeblock
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt

11/26/12 9:29 AM
fruhzs
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Thought the referee did a very bad job in general troughout the whole fight. It was exciting but it could be much better if Ref did his job the way he should IMO.
11/26/12 9:58 AM
bryanand
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/26/12 10:00 AM
Boxing is why I keep HBO and Showtime...yes I could download the fights afterwards but I do that enough for other content and don't mind paying for these 2 services.

Boxing cards on HBO the last 2 weekends were pretty great. But god damn, after watching that Broner interview I so want someone to beat his ass...unfortunately he will probably clown the division for the next 10 years and make me hate on him like I have on Floyd over the years...LOL(I actually respect the shit out of both guys as boxers)

Roy brings a nice perspective as a fighter, but I miss Manny and prefer Lennox over Roy.

11/26/12 10:20 AM
Jaybrone
413 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fight but inconsistent ref and it was pretty one sided. Got to give Berto credit for not quitting. The doc probably should have stopped it when his eyes were both swollen shut. That shit is very dangerous. Phone Post
11/26/12 4:39 PM
Fight! UK Online
209 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://youtu.be/rHxSROq8KnE

11/26/12 4:48 PM
sgotwalks
1074 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good fight, not great fight. Not fight of the year on boxings slowest year. Not even close!

11/26/12 6:46 PM
newjack900
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

'I was not as impressed as many seem to be. A lot of leaning on the ropes and holding. Rios and Alvorado was a hundred times better in my opinion.'

For some reason my quote shit isn't working - but I agree completely. It was a great fight don't get me wrong, but it wasn't close to Rios - Alvarado .. I was actually disappointed when that one ended it was so good.. HBO boxing has been on a roll lately tho they have a lot of talent these days.
11/26/12 8:19 PM
HenryO

Chris27 - 
JeffersonDArcyChoke -  HBO has KILLED it this year.

Amazing fights for free (yes HBO is premium but you buy the service for movies, True Blood, Treme, etc and boxing is in addition to all other programming).

Berto-Guerrero was brutal, neither man gassed and it remained highly skilled.

MMA and boxing are apples and oranges but right now boxing has been sweet and MMA bitter with constant injuries and major PPV bouts like Faber-Barao and Bonnar-Silva.

Bonnar-Silva in boxing wouldn't have been PPV.

It would have had to be HBO Championship boxing level.

Cotto-Trout is coming up for FREE on HBO as well.

If it were UFC, a guy like Cotto would ALWAYS be PPV.

Boxing is delivering.

What's really dumb was the move to put UFC on FOX vs Pacquiao-Marquez.

It's a GREAT UFC card but Pacquiao-Marquez is going to be amazing given their 3 bouts prior and Manny draws big numbers.

But I guess boxing is dead. Phone Post

So there were no good UFC events this year?

Bonnar/Silva type fight in boxing wouldnt have been on PPV cause nobody would buy it yet UFC 153 did like 400k buys.

Think about that, probably teh biggest fight in a while not involving Manny or Floyd happened this year in boxing, JCC/SM and that only did like 460k.

Also Cotto/Trout is on Showtime not HBO.

And the UFC on Fox card is stacked and honestly I see no buzz for Manny/JMM. It should do decent numbers but I'll bet anything this wont hit a mill, not at all. The first fights were good but the last fight everyone thought was a robbery, Manny just took an L his last fight, a bullshit decision but I think alot of hype for Manny is dying down.

MMA did have a tough year but looking ahead, shit the next two months in mma is better than anything in boxing imo and I'm a huge fan of both.

2 great free cards, actual free cards, 155 156 are stacked PPV.

The point of Jeffersons post was more that the UFC milks their audience every way possible with 15 PPVs a year, where as boxing has what 5?
11/26/12 8:23 PM
HenryO

A guy like Frank Edgar has every fight on PPV even though he isn't a draw and boxing gets Andre Ward practically for free
11/26/12 8:31 PM
tanner904

Talk about dirty boxing!!! Not in a bad way but he ruffed homeboy up! How bout that ref? As heavy as the one rogan called fat but also probably 70 Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.