UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> for all you"boxing su**ks" jerks...

11/25/12 2:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT Private First Class America
323 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sub'd for video Phone Post
11/25/12 8:08 PM
voorhees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The only reason fight fans dont care about boxing as much is because each card consists of 1(2 at the most)compelling fights.

And usually like only 2-3 fights total.

If boxing started putting on larger cards w/more relevant and multiple fights on them people would start buying them again.

Whereas UFC cards have at least 5-6 fights on each one w/at least 3 of them being headliner status bouts.

Thats not a shortcoming of the sport of boxing,its a shortcoming of the boxing card/matchmakers.
11/25/12 9:16 PM
RhinoBJJ_NUniao
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tx_432
I'm sure I have asked, where do you live? Midland texas here Phone Post
11/25/12 9:37 PM
Wally Saves
172 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like the sport of boxing. I don't like the 1000 weight classes and that each weight class has 15 champions. Phone Post
11/25/12 9:44 PM
Eddy Payeur
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voorhees - The only reason fight fans dont care about boxing as much is because each card consists of 1(2 at the most)compelling fights.

If boxing started putting on larger cards w/more relevant and multiple fights on them people would start buying them again.

Whereas UFC cards have at least 5-6 fights on each one w/at least 3 of them being headliner status bouts.

Thats not a shortcoming of the sport of boxing,its a shortcoming of the boxing card/matchmakers.

I agree.

When I was a kid Don King had cards that were stacked from top to bottom for PPV. 3-5 title fights, big named guys on the undercard, young, undefeated up-and-comers duking it out, etc.

You don't see that as much anymore.

11/25/12 10:10 PM
mmamonstar

you got 1 good fight and you wanna come on here and talk shit, name 10 great boxing fights this year, now I'm not trying to dog boxing cuz I am a fan of the sport but no need in coming here talking shit Phone Post
11/25/12 10:27 PM
ausgepicht

voorhees - How many MMA fights have you seen this year that were better than Berto/Gurrerro?

not many.

The name of this site is MixedMartialArts.com.

In case you were confused.

11/25/12 10:32 PM
Chris27

mmamonstar -  you got 1 good fight and you wanna come on here and talk shit, name 10 great boxing fights this year, now I'm not trying to dog boxing cuz I am a fan of the sport but no need in coming here talking shit Phone Post

There were some very good fights in boxing this year.
11/25/12 10:49 PM
voorhees

ausgepicht - 
voorhees - How many MMA fights have you seen this year that were better than Berto/Gurrerro?

not many.

OK.

I guess ADCC should never be discussed on this site either,no?
11/25/12 11:09 PM
SkooterFanForLife
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have yet to see a boxing match this year with a ko on par with le/franklin. Then again I've hardly seen any boxing.
11/25/12 11:12 PM
EckY
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mmamonstar -  you got 1 good fight and you wanna come on here and talk shit, name 10 great boxing fights this year, now I'm not trying to dog boxing cuz I am a fan of the sport but no need in coming here talking shit Phone Post

Martinez/JCC Jr.

Berto/Gurrero

Rios/Alvarado

Matthysse/Ajose

Maidana/Karass

Alvarado/Hererra

Lopez/Salido 2

There is a few.

11/25/12 11:14 PM
Chris27

This mma vs boxing bullshit needs to stop, trying to big up one and put down the other is retarded.

if you like both, watch both, dont like boxing dont watch it then. But this boxing vs mma shit is getting so played out. Both are great sports, both have great fights, big events, shitty fights and weak events.

Because one has a good night doesnt mean people need to come on and put down the other.
11/25/12 11:15 PM
Chris27

EckY - 

Martinez/JCC Jr.

Berto/Gurrero

Rios/Alvarado

Matthysse/Ajose

Maidana/Karass

Alvarado/Hererra

Lopez/Salido 2

There is a few.

Martinez/JCC was more like a great last round to be fair. The first 11 rounds were all Sergio but you had a great final round.

11/25/12 11:29 PM
voorhees

Chris27 - 
EckY - 

Martinez/JCC Jr.

Berto/Gurrero

Rios/Alvarado

Matthysse/Ajose

Maidana/Karass

Alvarado/Hererra

Lopez/Salido 2

There is a few.

Martinez/JCC was more like a great last round to be fair. The first 11 rounds were all Sergio but you had a great final round.

That is true as far as the excitement of a potential unexpected finish at the end.

It was kinda like the end of Rampage/Rashad.

But besides that,it was great watching the boxing masterpiece that Martinez put on for the previous 11 rounds.

How could it not be?

When a boxing stud controls someone all fight it can be a thing of grace and awesomeness.

When an MMA stud does it,you guys sometimes call it boring, ala' a Fitch or a GSP.

So you tell ME which do you like better.

11/26/12 12:56 AM
ausgepicht

voorhees - 
ausgepicht - 

not many.

OK.

I guess ADCC should never be discussed on this site either,no?

You missed the point entirely.

11/26/12 1:22 AM
ElChupaNibre
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SkooterFanForLife - I have yet to see a boxing match this year with a ko on par with le/franklin. Then again I've hardly seen any boxing.

Watch Angelo Santana vs Johnny Garcia
11/26/12 3:07 AM
ElChupaNibre
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Boston shell?
11/26/12 3:37 AM
dingdong_malice

voorhees - The only reason fight fans dont care about boxing as much is because each card consists of 1(2 at the most)compelling fights.

If a UFC fight sucks, its 15 minutes, if a boxing fight sucks, thats 50+ minutes wasted, the potential for a finish is also larger in MMA.

I usually only ever watch boxing fights after they happen if they are reccommended to me.
11/26/12 3:45 AM
CompanyBlue

Edited: 11/26/12 3:47 AM
I was upset that the ref did such a horrible job in this fight. It was a good fight to watch but man, even when boxing has great days, there is always something that fucks it up somewhat. At least the judges picked the right winner.

Just recently in the Mares/Moreno fight the ref and judging spoiled it as well.

Kudos to HBO for only showing a few seconds of Adrien Broner's rap performance, it would have been a shame if they actually let the whole thing play. Stick to boxing Adrien, because you are fucking great at it.

Being a part of the MMA scene since it was called Vale Tudo and NHB, I'll admit I can only watch the biggest names, the top 5% of the sport, fight without having to constantly use the fast forward button on the DVR.

MMA and boxing are both just point fighting for the most part and they both have their good days and bad days. I'm just glad they both exist because both sports can really fucking suck quite often. Just being real.
11/26/12 7:01 AM
ElChupaNibre

I haven't been here in awhile is the Boston shell something Dana invented? Can't wait to see it in practice.
11/26/12 10:39 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

voorhees - The only reason fight fans dont care about boxing as much is because each card consists of 1(2 at the most)compelling fights.

UFC 147 had 5-6 great fights?

Really?

How about UFC 119?

UFC has become one fight marketing as boxing did because inevitably it happens.

When you can pack arenas, sell PPV buys and only pay for one big fight?

Why would you as a businessman (promoter is a businessman) pack the card and cut profits while increasing costs JUST to please the hardcore fan who will watch anyhow?

You won't and you don't.

You end up delivering the one fight everyone will pay to see.

With other fights the hardcore fans would watch anyhow. Phone Post
11/26/12 10:52 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
404 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ElChupaNibre - I haven't been here in awhile is the Boston shell something Dana invented? Can't wait to see it in practice.
The "Boston Shell" is Dana White after 4 Sam Adams with one bottle of Smucker's Magic Shell poured on the nether regions of a willing young woman.

It originated in the parking lot of a 7-11 at 2am in 1996 and became a myth for years until one night the limo stopped, Lorenzo grabbed a bottle of it and a girl from the bus stop and dared seek the truth. Phone Post
11/26/12 11:17 AM
bhealthy

boxing is fantastic imo, but i just enjoy it and avoid any frustration from trying to win converts like some of the cats at our gym. there are a lot of subtle things going on that someone might think arent there if they are just waiting for a big bomb to land. fans of braulios' invisible jujitsu might like this part of it but a lot of grappling and mma fans may have been convinced that boxing is "obsolete".
11/26/12 11:18 AM
bhealthy

pac v. JMM 3 should be awesome. lookin forward to it
11/26/12 11:19 AM
The Mouth

Boxing has been great lately.

Anyone who says otherwise lives under a rock.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.