UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> for all you"boxing su**ks" jerks...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

11/26/12 5:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
3rdLion
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Mouth - 

Boxing has been great lately.

Anyone who says otherwise lives under a rock.

sup?

11/26/12 5:12 PM
Chris27
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
voorhees - The only reason fight fans dont care about boxing as much is because each card consists of 1(2 at the most)compelling fights.

And usually like only 2-3 fights total.

If boxing started putting on larger cards w/more relevant and multiple fights on them people would start buying them again.

Whereas UFC cards have at least 5-6 fights on each one w/at least 3 of them being headliner status bouts.

Thats not a shortcoming of the sport of boxing,its a shortcoming of the boxing card/matchmakers.
UFC 147 had 5-6 great fights?

Really?

How about UFC 119?

UFC has become one fight marketing as boxing did because inevitably it happens.

When you can pack arenas, sell PPV buys and only pay for one big fight?

Why would you as a businessman (promoter is a businessman) pack the card and cut profits while increasing costs JUST to please the hardcore fan who will watch anyhow?

You won't and you don't.

You end up delivering the one fight everyone will pay to see.

With other fights the hardcore fans would watch anyhow. Phone Post

Injuries have hurt cards but for the most part UFC PPV have atleast 3-4 big/good fights.

I mean UFC on 5, Fox 6, 155, 156, yeah they dont like look one fight cards to me.

But injuries happen and some events get screwed and you only end up with one big fight if that.

But you see way deeper cards in the UFC than you do in Boxing.
11/26/12 5:21 PM
bhealthy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sargent Ramos - 
bhealthy - pac v. JMM 3 should be awesome. lookin forward to it

It WAS a great fight.

You should check it out.

And look for 4 coming soon.

thank you.sargent ramon. I will.(hopefully the judges dont decide this one). and thank YOU 3rd Lion for making me laugh till i cried tears with that "sup" shit.

just when i thought i had recovered, i read jefferson D'Arcechokes vivid explanaition of the "boston shell" and lost it again. Thanks Jefferson

funny guys make the UG a swell place.
11/27/12 7:43 AM
stonepony

Boxing used to be great. Corruption and the rise of MMA have simply killed it though. No kid today goes to the gym dreaming of becoming a boxer. They don't have Klitschko posters on their walls. Check out the seats in any boxing match today, and try to spot a person under 30 years old.

http://tinyurl.com/cnp9cdv
11/27/12 7:48 AM
stonepony

voorhees - The only reason fight fans dont care about boxing as much is because each card consists of 1(2 at the most)compelling fights.

If boxing started putting on larger cards w/more relevant and multiple fights on them people would start buying them again.

Whereas UFC cards have at least 5-6 fights on each one w/at least 3 of them being headliner status bouts.

Thats not a shortcoming of the sport of boxing,its a shortcoming of the boxing card/matchmakers.

When it comes to compelling fights, I personally get a lot more out of the free prelims streamed on Facebook than even the major boxing matches anymore. Someone let me know when there is another Tyson, or another RJJ. I don't see it happening though. Retiring boxers are not being replaced by equal prospects. A kid with talent today, somebody who wants to pursue it, isn't going to sit in a gym doing only-boxing and not learning other disciplines that apply to MMA. They would be idiots to do that.
11/27/12 9:32 AM
jvwand
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Haven't gone through the whole thread...but...

That fight was fucking awesome.

Berto is really gritty for fighting basically blind and Guerrero has a hell of a chin and a ton of heart. I did think the ref was pretty bad, but Berto should have complained about that to the commission and in the locker room. 

My only critique besides that, that guy who is the ringside commentator that also does the after fight interviews...should just stay away from fighters. He is so awkward and out of place and takes HUGE awkward pauses. He also askes really long questions that dont seem to have a relevant answer. 

But to the OP, I dont get the pissing contest either. Boxing is a great sport, but it has its boring fights like MMA. The reason I don't watch it anymore is because of the politics and the lack of draws. The people who are at the top have been there forever and the next generation of fighters aren't super compelling. 

Besides that the politics and number of belts are absolutely insane. 

11/27/12 2:52 PM
Submissable
389 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

God Bless Tim Tebow - 
stonepony -
voorhees - The only reason fight fans dont care about boxing as much is because each card consists of 1(2 at the most)compelling fights.

When it comes to compelling fights, I personally get a lot more out of the free prelims streamed on Facebook than even the major boxing matches anymore. Someone let me know when there is another Tyson, or another RJJ. I don't see it happening though. Retiring boxers are not being replaced by equal prospects. A kid with talent today, somebody who wants to pursue it, isn't going to sit in a gym doing only-boxing and not learning other disciplines that apply to MMA. They would be idiots to do that.
"Tell me when another Tyson or RJJ comes along." GTFO, You were never a fan of boxing. You're just a casual piece of shit. You are replaceable, and you are being replaced. Phone Post

Wow that escalated quickly!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.