UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> How do you counter a teep to the knee cap?

11/25/12 1:00 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Timmmayyyy
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So the guy has longer arms and legs than you and as you advance/ move towards you, he teeps or push kicks your lead leg, this dosnt hurt the knee especially but it stops you and backs you up a tiny bit.
11/25/12 1:01 PM
Timmmayyyy
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/25/12 1:01 PM
Its too low to parry, and as fast as teeps get because it dosnt travel very far and dosnt chamber much at all.
11/25/12 2:15 PM
770mdm
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Do a switch stance or just block it with your shin. Phone Post
12/18/12 7:23 PM
muaythai1622
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd say lift leg, let it hit your shin. Phone Post
12/19/12 7:51 AM
Khun Kao
1001 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Step back with your lead foot when he teeps. Don't switch stance, just step the foot back. Then counter with a roundhouse from the foot that just stepped back into a 'loaded' position.
12/19/12 11:45 AM
SanshiroSugata
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tell the guy to stop being a jerk and keep the kicks above the knees. Just halfway kidding.

As others have said, either do a 'switch' briefly for evasion. OR fake a step in to get him to try to stop you with the knee teep, let him throw it and dart in as soon as his kick is finished.
12/19/12 4:32 PM
dannytsg
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't be predictable in setting your lead leg before striking. If your opponent can time your "set" you're going to get teep'd to the knee every time. You need to give your opponent something else to think about by either feinting then throwing, trading your own teep or even switching stances Phone Post
1/26/13 9:27 PM
Jahmal

Superman jab

3/17/13 11:51 PM
MTNut

I just check it as normal, by lighty lifting my leg I end up kneeing his teep which off sets any damage. You'll only get hurt if you lock your knee in place and let him teep it. As long as it is moving it does zero damage.
3/18/13 10:52 PM
UK Asylum

^ this guys right.

It honestly isnt as difficult to block as some fighters make it look, just dont ignore that fact someone might throw it and youl be fine.

3/20/13 11:38 AM
erichaycraft
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Feints. Phone Post
4/8/13 2:58 PM
770mdm
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just saw this technique - I don't like it but here it is never the less:

http://bestmuaythaivideos.com/teep-evasion/

4/9/13 8:06 AM
Khun Kao
1001 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

770mdm - 

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this either. I'm sure experienced fighters can make this work because their sense of range is far superior to the average MT student or amateur fighter. I can't help but imagine a fighter who skips/slides as he teeps blowing out someone's knee who tries that defense.

4/9/13 10:08 AM
lkfmdc
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Khun Kao - 
770mdm - 

Yeah, I'm not a fan of this either. I'm sure experienced fighters can make this work because their sense of range is far superior to the average MT student or amateur fighter. I can't help but imagine a fighter who skips/slides as he teeps blowing out someone's knee who tries that defense.

holy f--k batman! and if it LANDS you are gonna be in serious pain... imho a horrible thing to demonstrate as "technique"
4/26/13 3:32 PM
The Black Cheez
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe try a switch kick the body immediately after you step in, obviously the side that will be open from the teep. Do this with your lead leg of course. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.