UnderGround Forums

Pro Wrestling Ground >> The Rock hero to a zero!

11/25/12 6:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pointfighter23
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

One of thee most overstated wrestlers of all time. Out side of a elbow drop, stunner and a modify choke - side slam what wrestling skills does he have . The guy has great promo skills however watch what cm punk does to him. It seems like everyone is swinging on his bag . The guy is on moe roids the Ivan Putski ever thought about. The rock is about one thing and that's not about the fans like he says it's about the $$. CM Punk will
make him look like a fool sure are they going to put the rock over at the rumble ...YES . However watch how punk rips him to shreds and the Rock blows up
In 2 min and wants to go home like the warrior tried to do at wrestlemania 6 to hogan. Suck It Rocky get your money and leave! Phone Post
11/25/12 6:38 PM
torubu
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You deserve the vote downs coming. Phone Post
11/25/12 7:52 PM
Teenage mutant lesnar turtle
560 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Rock is the GOAT. Solid in the ring, absolutely unmatched on the mic and by far the most naturally charismatic wrestler ever. Nobody has ever been as over as he was and still is. Phone Post
11/25/12 8:21 PM
nipperusa
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This feels like an underground thread. Phone Post
11/25/12 8:23 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

VTFD

11/25/12 9:05 PM
UGCTT_Jay Edz
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nipperusa - This feels like an underground thread. Phone Post
Was thinking this. Phone Post
11/25/12 9:30 PM
The Topester
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Garbage OP. the Rock is and will forever be unparalleled. Phone Post
11/25/12 9:56 PM
Stolm
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vote this fucking jabroni down!
11/25/12 10:14 PM
MMA Monkey

VTFD (if i could)
11/25/12 10:15 PM
MMA Monkey

Wait a sec. Holy shit! Black names can vote down now? When the fuck did this happen?? Well, you got my first VTFD ever.
11/25/12 10:29 PM
Kido777
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I may get voted down, but guys...The Rock sucks in the ring. Obviously, your old memories of The Rock from your teenage years are getting the better of you. The Rock was great sure, but looking back he seems kind've juvenile to me now.

I'll never forget reading Mick Foley's first book the way he lambasted The Rock on his technical inability. I laughed til I cried.

The Rock is phenomenal on the mic and has great psychology, which both go a LONG WAY in professional wrestling. Technically however, he sucks. Plain and simple, even Cena is better than The Rock where that is concerned.

He will get burned by CM Punk too, guaranteed. I don't particularly care for CM Punks stream of conciousness segments on the mic either. But, The Rock has been away from the business for too long and he got owned by Cena last year on the mic. The Rocks work last year was silly. If CM Punk is given the leeway on the mic he was given with Nash and Triple H, The Rock is gonna get burned.
11/25/12 10:46 PM
pointfighter23

Man happy I mad a post that got everyone fired up! Lol but I stand 100% by what I said the rock will get shredded by cm punk on the mic and in the ring . Only thing is the rocks going over . But what if Zig cashed in the mitb on the rock? Phone Post
11/25/12 10:56 PM
Johnny Drama

Know your role and shit your mouth Phone Post
11/25/12 11:48 PM
The Destroyer88

The old Rock was GOAT. This new hashtag this, tout that, boots2asses stuff is pretty lame.
11/25/12 11:51 PM
Sofa King Cool
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always thought the Rock was pretty good in the ring.

I mean, as far as main event wrestlers go. He was no Ric Flair by any stretch, but he could work circles around guys like Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash. I always thought Rock benefitted immensely from his natural athleticism. Additionally, he was always very creative in the ring. Phone Post
11/25/12 11:51 PM
Barry_BondsMVP
814 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure Vince paid the Rock well to be the social media darling.

11/26/12 12:06 AM
Kido777
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sofa King Cool -  I always thought the Rock was pretty good in the ring.

I mean, as far as main event wrestlers go. He was no Ric Flair by any stretch, but he could work circles around guys like Hulk Hogan and Kevin Nash. I always thought Rock benefitted immensely from his natural athleticism. Additionally, he was always very creative in the ring. Phone Post

I agree, Hogan has the same moveset he had in the 80s. He never evolved. Nash has openly admitted he had a limited moveset.
11/26/12 12:13 AM
Sofa King Cool
394 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^"Hogan was actually very talented and used multiple holds and suplexes in Japan."

-Wrestling Nerd

"Andre the Giant weighed over fourteen metric tons when I body slammed in in front of nine million people at the Silverdome. And I was a good wrestler in Japan."

-Hulk Hogan Phone Post
11/26/12 4:26 AM
CMX
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rock is great on the mic and can work the crowd like no other, rocks face to face mic skills arent as sharp and punk should be able to do well there, rock has a good moveset but isnt really good at getting his opponent over and selling his moves imo, but most of the big stars have a limited in ring skill set anyway Phone Post
11/26/12 9:29 AM
JustPeed
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sofa King Cool - ^"Hogan was actually very talented and used multiple holds and suplexes in Japan."

-Wrestling Nerd

"Andre the Giant weighed over fourteen metric tons when I body slammed in in front of nine million people at the Silverdome. And I was a good wrestler in Japan."

-Hulk Hogan Phone Post
I remember reading a wrestling magazine back in the day that had pictures of Hogan wrestling in Japan doing all sorts of suplex, I remember he came off the top rope too Phone Post
11/26/12 1:02 PM
BigTedBear
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think I remember Chono saying they actually made him earn his cheque in Japan or something along those lines. Phone Post
11/26/12 2:13 PM
CryLikeAGirl
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There are few to none better than Rock @ a scripted promo. However, I predict Punk winning via off script verbal beat down in much of the same way Cena did last year. I do think that Rock will win the match @ The Royal Rumble.
11/26/12 4:36 PM
ArtMinaj

Sofa King Cool -  I always thought the Rock was pretty good in the ring.

He is good enough.  Just as was Hogan and Cena is.  He is popular though, no matter what he did.

Who cares if he left to do movies?  People change careers, often for more money even.

Not saying that he is my favorite, but no need to hate.

Also, OP your promo skills suck.  Maybe you and THABADGUY should form a heel tag team and do dark matches for TNA. 

11/26/12 5:17 PM
bigironmike79
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sofa King Cool - I always thought the Rock was pretty good in the ring.

This.
And besides, whatever he lacked in the ring he totally made up for with his mic work. Was just watching some of his promos on YouTube. One of my favorites is when he's talking to booker about being dumb and riding the short bus to school. "Teacher asks the class if they know what 2 2 equals. Booker says of course I know what 2 2 is..... Thomas Jefferson sucka!!! Phone Post
11/26/12 5:45 PM
bigironmike79
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^. No plus sign in the app. Gay Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.