UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> After the storm...

11/26/12 12:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheHouse
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok survival ground enthusiasts, a lot of us ended up on the wrong side of Sandy and it has been a couple weeks, now what?

My family purchased a 7,000 watt generator from a lowes in Hartford. Since running it for about 100 I did exact scheduled oil change, air filter replacement and spark plug re-gapping.

We had purchased about 70 gallons before the storm so I am treating the gas with a fuel conditioner and a scheduled use/replacement in 5 months.

Bottled Water will be used/replaced along with food.

Batteries will be replaced and re/purchas

During the storm I ended up with several f
11/26/12 12:13 AM
TheHouse
220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

....ipad is acting up.

Me and my family/friends had many flats during and after the storm. I will be purchasing a bulk tire repair kit and a 40 gallon compressed air container to keep in my truck during storms.

I also had ran out of waterproofing spray for all my gear.

What did you learn?

What did you do right?

What did you do wrong?

What would you do differently?
11/26/12 3:26 PM
TheHouse

The more I read about Propane, the more I like the idea. I don't know anyone who has a Propane/Gas powered generator so I have no one to get an opinion from.

What about one of the new Tri-Fuel generators. They seem like a great solution but again, they might be too new or problem prone.

What size (wattage) and how hard was the conversion?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.