UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Larkin bitter over 'p@$$% era' Rockhold

11/26/12 8:46 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground Blog
1295 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MixedMartialArts.com

Lorenz Larkin was scheduled to challenge Luke Rockhold for his Strikeforce Middleweight championship on Nov 3. An injury to Rockhold's wrist forced him off the card; shortly thereafter the entire card was scrapped.

The title fight was rescheduled to the Strikeforce Finale in Jan 12. Had Larkin won the title, it would it one sense immediately be gone, but in another sense it would remain in perpetuity. Further, being the champion would presumably help in negotiations with the UFC. However, Larkin will never get the title shot.

Now the same wrist injury failed to heal sufficiently, and has once again forced Rockhold off the card, and with it any chance of a Strikeforce title for Larkin, who reacted bitterly, via Twitter.

lorenz larkin @da_MONSOON
@danawhite hey Dana I hurt my right pinky toe guess I can't fight! Wish I started two years before I did so I could have skipped this pussy era.
or can you give me that Black Friday price for the sf belt?

Luke Rockhold @LukeRockhold
I want nothing more than to fight u #EasyMoney but Im not gonna fight anyone one handed. Shut ur mouth and know ur place.

lorenz larkin @da_MONSOON
lol #easymoney I didnt think you were that funny and if you were hurt why did you sign the contract? Dickface

Luke Rockhold @LukeRockhold
I never signed it and I never started training for it because I couldn't. Nothing but bullshit out ur mouth

11/26/12 8:51 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Was larkin even givine a chance to win this fight anyway? after he moved down he is a way better fighter I just wana see the top guys from strikeforce (jacare ,rockhold and him )move to the UFC there is a bunch of interesting matchups there

11/26/12 9:17 AM
Sofa King Cool
393 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's hard to disagree with Larkins sentiment here. The whole situation sucks. Phone Post
11/26/12 9:23 AM
Hikikomori
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rockhold should retire. Phone Post
11/26/12 9:25 AM
Ludelow
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it pays to have a belt coming into the ufc, and Larkin is out of a payday, furthermore SF injuries are not confirmed by ufc doctors.
11/26/12 9:30 AM
epwar
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/26/12 9:30 AM
UGCTT_Paul_Blanka_Harris - 

Was larkin even givine a chance to win this fight anyway? after he moved down he is a way better fighter I just wana see the top guys from strikeforce (jacare ,rockhold and him )move to the UFC there is a bunch of interesting matchups there

No one here gave Larkin a chance against Robbie Lawler and he beat him soundly.  

11/26/12 9:34 AM
DonDon11
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The man speaks the truth! Phone Post
11/26/12 9:38 AM
Card
2329 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Injuries are out of control... I hope 2013 will be different.

11/26/12 10:18 AM
KingD87
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I would be pissed too because he goes from being a possible SF champ to probably debuting in the UFC on the prelims. Phone Post
11/26/12 10:32 AM
JeffersonDArcyChoke
410 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope Rockhold and Melendez do not get served soft touches walking into the UFC so they both can lose and we can move past the notion of thinking Strikeforce was so loaded.

Revisionist history will cause us to act like this was Pride 2 when it was Chad Griggs, Brandon Saling, Bobby Lashley and Scott Smith.

Rockhold and Melendez can't be blamed for understanding their value and knowing such would be diminished with a loss.

They both however must not really believe in their skills as if they weren't sure if they could beat Healy or Larkin; I wonder who they would duck from if given the chance in the UFC.

But I'm betting they get soft serves in their first bouts to build them up to some level before sending them to face the best. Phone Post
11/26/12 11:05 AM
Gfropr

Hikikomori - Rockhold should retire. Phone Post
I don't known about that but he is the Robert Smith, Yao Ming of MMA. Very injury prone. Phone Post
11/26/12 11:08 AM
MMALOGIC

Card - 

it wont be... we are looking at the reality of an approx 25% injury rate from here on out.  Unless Zuffa employs a real in house ped testing program these rates will be an ongoing reality.

baseball has seen a 400% increase in injuries with the increase in ped use.  The tendons and joints  cannot handle the unnateral muscles, speed, recovery and stamina gains that ped use provides.

an in house random ped testing program will not only improve the product by reducing the injury rates but it will also benefit the fighters by increasing their cage time (which is when they get paid).

11/26/12 11:09 AM
MMALOGIC

JeffersonDArcyChoke -  I hope Rockhold and Melendez do not get served soft touches walking into the UFC so they both can lose and we can move past the notion of thinking Strikeforce was so loaded.

Revisionist history will cause us to act like this was Pride 2 when it was Chad Griggs, Brandon Saling, Bobby Lashley and Scott Smith.

Rockhold and Melendez can't be blamed for understanding their value and knowing such would be diminished with a loss.

They both however must not really believe in their skills as if they weren't sure if they could beat Healy or Larkin; I wonder who they would duck from if given the chance in the UFC.

But I'm betting they get soft serves in their first bouts to build them up to some level before sending them to face the best. Phone Post

They probably wont get soft serves because they get paid alot of money. 

11/26/12 11:25 AM
MrVivian

Card - 

I am with ya but the fact it is 2012 and this is a 2013 card, not a good start.
11/26/12 2:12 PM
Bry Bry

i would give the edge to Rockhold over Larkin if they fought but i would much rather see Larkin in the Ufc...he is a much more dynamic fighter than Rockhold..Rockhold is your traditional gnp wrestler type where Larkin has very good kickboxing with improving groundwork...the Ufc loves guys that bang it out so they should def pick up Larkin and Lawler...injury prone grapplers like Rockhold, im not so sure have a place in Ufc..
11/26/12 2:46 PM
epwar
539 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just realized that a card named STRIKEFORCE: CHAMPIONS only has one title fight on it now. *shaking my head*

11/26/12 2:47 PM
gooddoc

cjlom21 - Why DO YOU FANBOYS CARE WHAT MELENDEZ OR ROCKHOLD "HAVE TO GAIN" from a fight, your suppose to be happy to see a GOOD FIGHT. Larkin vs Rockholk was a great matchup but now sissy boy Rockhold is running, just like Melendez .

When did you all become politicans for fighters career moves. ABSOLUTE JOKERS YOU KIDS ARE.

"HE DOESNT HAVE ANYTHING TO GAIN"

GO tell that to Fedor, who fought Dan Hendo..Dana white said he had nothing to gain. But Fedor being a true fighter, said i respect Hendo..Ill still fight his TRT using ass, and fedor only trained 19 days for the fight while Hendo was in camp for 4 months on his TRT. FEDOR HAD NOTHING TO GAIN..still should of knocked hendo out too. had him near dead until luckiest takedown uppercut in MMA history.

Its not about what you have to gain morons, its about entertaining the fans on Showtime who supported them for years.

Done with these forums after what MMA has turned into. a Popularity contest .. GET MORE TWITTER FOLLOWERS, HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHA

Fighters asking about Twitter followers, you aint fighters, Your juiced up , HGH monkeys who are looking for a paycheck.

btw my boy Eddie Alverez has been #1 lightweight in world for years, and got 0 respect. Hes gonna knock Melendez fking head off. Get your chin ready Gilbert, bitch

No.
11/26/12 2:58 PM
southweststalker
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cjlom21 - Why DO YOU FANBOYS CARE WHAT MELENDEZ OR ROCKHOLD "HAVE TO GAIN" from a fight, your suppose to be happy to see a GOOD FIGHT. Larkin vs Rockholk was a great matchup but now sissy boy Rockhold is running, just like Melendez .

When did you all become politicans for fighters career moves. ABSOLUTE JOKERS YOU KIDS ARE.

GO tell that to Fedor, who fought Dan Hendo..Dana white said he had nothing to gain. But Fedor being a true fighter, said i respect Hendo..Ill still fight his TRT using ass, and fedor only trained 19 days for the fight while Hendo was in camp for 4 months on his TRT. FEDOR HAD NOTHING TO GAIN..still should of knocked hendo out too. had him near dead until luckiest takedown uppercut in MMA history.

Its not about what you have to gain morons, its about entertaining the fans on Showtime who supported them for years.

Done with these forums after what MMA has turned into. a Popularity contest .. GET MORE TWITTER FOLLOWERS, HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHA

Fighters asking about Twitter followers, you aint fighters, Your juiced up , HGH monkeys who are looking for a paycheck.

btw my boy Eddie Alverez has been #1 lightweight in world for years, and got 0 respect. Hes gonna knock Melendez fking head off. Get your chin ready Gilbert, bitch

Its amazing. You hit every single fighting message board cliche possible in one post. Trashing TRT, Slurping Fedor, taking shots at BLAF, unnecessary capitilazion, and pumping up a guy most people have never seen fight before. This post was one "I wild each it lol that meets their naked' from being hall of fame worthy
11/26/12 3:07 PM
JetSetter

Why would ANY Strikeforce Champion fight on that card and risk their negotiating strength with the UFC?

Injuries are accepted in today's MMA so it's easier to just play hurt than to risk future dollars. The whole system has hit a major growing pain. Phone Post
11/26/12 3:19 PM
Joe_Drogan420

Looks like Larkin has drawn him into a bitter twitter quarrel.
11/26/12 3:20 PM
GriffinQ
127 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Bry Bry - i would give the edge to Rockhold over Larkin if they fought but i would much rather see Larkin in the Ufc...he is a much more dynamic fighter than Rockhold..Rockhold is your traditional gnp wrestler type where Larkin has very good kickboxing with improving groundwork...the Ufc loves guys that bang it out so they should def pick up Larkin and Lawler...injury prone grapplers like Rockhold, im not so sure have a place in Ufc..
You've never seen Rockhold fight Phone Post
11/26/12 3:35 PM
SonofJockstrap
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll let you bang bro

11/26/12 6:08 PM
newjack900
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

unfortunately for the fans, injuries in MMA have become business decisions. I think if this were a few years ago half these pull-outs wouldnt have happened.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.